.13

Blood is Thicker than Water

"Whoa what's up with everyone's expressions?" Aniya raced back with Suho right on her heels.

"Yell ya later sister~" Aeri looked around for another game. I blushed and began walking to a random booth, face pointed toward the ground.

"Ooo~ Soobin chose this one!" Sulli called to the others. I ended up in front of a tug of war game. It was for couples. Of course... I smiled brightly at the worker and he handed me the end of a rope. Chanyeol positioned himself across from me with the other end of the rope. The booth was pretty empty. Sulli, Aniya and Aeri stood next to me and cheered me on when the gunshot sounded. It was a game of tug of war between Chanyeol and me. This big giant was actually really strong, bu tsince I played lots of sports... ehehe. We went back and forth for a while. I felt sweat beading on my forehead. I gave a harsh yank and Aeri whooped. Baekhyun encouraged Chanyeol.

"Gogogo!!" Lay clapped. 

"Ugh, she's too strong!" Chanyeol protested and tried to reel the rope in, but it was way to far on my side.

I smirked, "Give up?" He stubbornly shook my head. I tilted my head and gave my last ounce of strenth, yanking the ribbon in the middle of the rope over the line. 

"YAYYYY!" Aniya jumped around. Aeri was staring at me in awe.

"Hey good try!" The boys surrounded Chanyeol to comfort him. Being a good sport, I walked to him, "You're strong." He smiled at me and took my hand. We strolled away. The whole day was full of fun and games. I learned a bit more about Chanyeol. By the time we were back it was dark. Chanyeol gave me one last bear hug that made my insides go jelly, waved and shut my door. Out of my window, I saw him fist pump the air and run off. Jinna stood at the door with her arm crossed.

"Hi!" I was grinning like an idiot but who cares?

"How was your day?" She spit out, glaring at me. I was too oblivious though for I was dying of happiness. 

"Fun! Don't worry, Chanyeol only asked me to go with him because he wanted to go to the fair," I reassured him. Her shoulders untensed and she let a small smile slip out. I hope it isn't for that reason though..

"I missed you. It was boring here," she sweetly pouted. I laughed and hugged her before skipping to my room. Mom, standing at the base of the stairs watched me go to my room. She smiled, "Ah, young love." 

~~~

I adjusted my strap and tried to not look to see who was besides me. I tried pushing him out of my mind. I tried eating so I would forget about him. I tried liking some other guy, but really, who am I kidding? My efforts who unlike him were pathetic. The results were shameful. Chanyeol went on talking about something. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts, I didn't see the crack in the sidewalk. Chanyeol grabbed my wrists and tugged me to him. Shocked, I stopped for a second.

"Sorry, you were going to trip," he whispered into my ear. One of my hands were placed onto his chest. Embarrassed, I took it off and began walking. My hair hid my face. 

"Thanks," I uttered as normal as I could. I was spazzing on the inside. Chanyeol lifted up my hair so he could see my face. Overdrive heart!

"That's better," he chirped. As we entered the school, a huge neon poster posted right in front of the gate caught my eye, the dance. I remembered that Sulli and Baekhyun going along with Aniya and Suho. I sighed and stared at the poster. Chanyeol noticed this but didn't say anything. His mind was racing due to the plan that was going to happen tomorrow. 

"So will you?" Lay tried to do his cuteness on Aeri, who was squealing. Well, not on the outside, but if you looked at her wide smiling and huge eyes, she was.

"YAS!" Aeri attacked Lay in a death hug. I shook my head yet smiled. They were really cute. Sehun stared at him and a wide smile grew at his lips, making his eyes crescents. Luhan stood beside Sehun but was staring at the distance at someonw. Specifically Jinna. 

"Meet me at this adress afterschool," Chanyeol gave me a slip of paper and raced off. Sulli and Aniya appeared next to me. They held a flyer. 

"Oh Soobin! Aeri has a gymnastics thing thing coming up! Wanna come?" Sulli's eyes scanned the paper. I nodded wanting to see my best friends sucess. Ears around us perked; they usually never knew my plans.

"What are you holding Soobinnie?" Aniya took the slip of paper.

"Yah did you call me Soobinnie?" I whacked her head and Aniya pouted. Nope, Aegyo didn't work on me. 

"N-no," Aniya stammered. Sulli peeked at the adress.

"Oh I knew where this is! It's a quaint little coffee shop called Starbucks I think.." Sulli grinned, pleased that she replaced the adress with an actual place.

"What's it for?" Aniya inquired. I put the slip of paper into my pocket and cheesily smiled.

"Chanyeol told me to meet him there afterschool," I smiled happily. I felt something bad on my back and turned around. I didn't see what it was, but Aeri did. She walked up to us and bit her lip, "Jinna was staring daggers at you." Pfft Jinna? No. I winked at Aeri and began to about Lay.

"She has a date afterschool!" Aniya blurted out and pointed at me.

"Date!?" I gaped at her. She innocently blinked.

"No! Chanyeol just told me to meet him 2 blocks from here," I set things straight. Sulli made a 'mhm' noise as though not believing. 

"We'll see," Aniya chuckled. Just when I thought she was innocent...

~~~

Afterschool, I was at Starbucks. It was indeed crowded, but I spotted Chanyeol right away. He was holding a huge bouquet of pink lilacs. My heart sped up as I walked to him. 

"Soobin! I-I have a question to ask you," Chanyeol nervously walked up to me. 

"Yea?" I gestured for him to continue. He blushed to the tips of his yoda ears.

Chanyeol handed me the flowers and musterred out, "Will you go to the dance with me?"

 

A/N- I'll try for double update soon~ oh snap do you thing they'll both go to the dance together???