Sharing is Caring (Taoris)

Baby Exo Chronicles

"Yayy, I'm finally able to finish another chapter ^^ Taoris is adorable, and if you want some really intense Taoris fanfics, check out my friend here. She writes amazing Taoris fanfics!

 

Sharing is Caring

"Kris, can I borrow your blue?"

Kris looked up from his masterpiece towards Jongdae who was currently standing in front of his desk, a small hopeful expression on his face. He then looked down at his hand, which was currently clutching a purple crayon. Dropping the purple, he reached for the blue crayon, which was bright and shiny and new.

"No."

"Please?" Jongdae begged, jutting his lip out.

"Nope," Kris answered again, disregarding the small boy in front of him. "Blue is mine."

"But, I'm one of your best friends," Jongdae whined, trying once again to buing buing his way into Kris's sympathy.

The tall boy merely shrugged, clutching the crayon even tighter. "I have 10 other best friends, as do you. Go ask you Xiuminnie for one."

On that scathing note, Kris once again focused his unwavering attention on his piece of paper, which was covered in doodles. 

Jongdae scowled, before trooping back to his own table, where his bestest friend, Xiumin sat. With a small pout, Xiumin handed Jongdae his own blue crayon, receiving a hug from the younger boy.

By this time, the kindergarten had split into small cliques, despite their young age. The largest consisted of Luhan, Sehun, Jongin, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Yixing, Suho, Xiumin, Jongdae and Kris. In this small group, everyone had their bestest friends. Everyone except Kris. He had his art.

Scribbling colors onto the sheet of paper, Kris almost missed it when Mrs Kim announced the arrival of a new student. It was only when Chanyeol almost knocked him over in his hurry to get back to his own desk (because for some reason, Mrs Kim decided to separate the tall, clumsy giant from his best friend, who often provoked the younger giant into clumsy rampages) that Kris heard Mrs Kim introduce the new student.

"Class, this is Huang Zitao. Zitao, would you like to introduce yourself?"

The boy at the front of the classroom smiled brightly, running a hand through extremely long dark hair. "Hello everyone, my name is Zitao, but you can call me Tao."

"And?" prompted Mrs Kim, a sweet smile on her face as she heard the young boy talk. Surprisingly, though he looked somewhat tough, he had an extremely sweet voice. 

"I also like wushu, and my mommy says I can start learning next year," the young boy continued solemnly. "And lastly, my favorite color is blue."

"Aww, thank you Tao. Why don't you go take that seat next to Kris, across from Luhan and Sehun? Kris's favorite color is also blue."

Tao glanced around the classroom in confusion. "Kris?"

"Kris is that boy over there, Kris, wave to Tao."

With a mournful sigh, Kris waved halfheartedly to the new boy before slowly shifting all his art supplies from the empty seat next to his.

"Hello, my name is Tao," the boy introduced, smiling shyly at the three other boys at the table.

"Hey Tao, my name is Luhan, and this is Sehun, my bestest best friend, but he can be your best friend if you want." the blond boy introduced briskly. "And that over there is Kris. His bestest best friend is art, but his mommy makes the best cookies." So saying, Luhan sat back down to lean over Sehun's shoulder where Sehun was currently working on a portrait of Luhan.

"My bestest friend is not art," Kris murmured to Tao as the other boy sat down. Tao looked up in surprise.

"I believe you."

Kris nodded before focusing back on his drawing.

~~~

"Hey, Tao!" Baekhyun's shrill voice rang through the air. "Come join us for lunch!"

The new student jumped from the shock, before blinking his eyes tiredly. "Lunch? You mean we still have school?"

At that, Chanyeol began guffawing, throwing an arm around Tao, before dragging the said boy into the cafeteria. "Come on," he cried out jovially. "You should be friends with us."

Baekhyun, trying hard to keep up with Chanyeol and Tao's long strides, squeaked out breathlessly, "Yeah, we're the coolest guys in kindergarten! Stick with us," his voice dropped down to a whisper. "And you'll have all the play dates and birthday parties you need." His voice at its usual pitch, he continued, "Play dough, cookies, colored pencils, you name it, we've got it."

"Alright," Tao agreed happily.

~~~

"Can I borrow your blue crayon?"

Kris looked up ready to snap at Jongdae once again, no, no you can't borrow my blue crayon.

Instead, he found Tao staring at him somewhat warily. 

"What?"

"Can I borrow your blue crayon?"

"No."

"Why not" the new boy pouted and Kris had to resist the urge to throw all his crayons at the boy. 

"Stop."

"Stop what?" The new boy furrowed his eyebrows at Kris in confusion.

"Stop being so cute" Kris growled. "You look like my teddy bear."

The new boy just pouted once more. "I do not."

"You do too."

"Do not"

"Do too."

"Do not!"

"Do too!"

"Do not!!"

"Do too!!"

Soon their bickering was disruptive enough to rouse Mrs Lee, their substitute teacher for the day. "Boys, what are you two arguing about?"

"He started it!" both boys cried out simultaneously. Soon, their voices rose again and Mrs Lee sent both of them to time out.

Standing in the corner Tao sulked while Kris stood sullenly. Tao shot a small glare at Kris, before tears came trickling out of the corners of his eyes. "You made me get a timeout on the second day of class. You meanie."

Kris immediately felt bad (because even artists have feelings) and put a small arm around the crying boy. "Don't cry," he mumbled, heart clenching at the sight of his new friend crying."

Toddling to the front desk, he grabbed a tissue before toddling back to Tao. He tried to wipe away the tears coursing down Tao's face, but to no avail. Finally, he gave up and just pulled Tao into a hug. "You're not cute?"

"I am too" Tao hissed back, insulted. Kris gave up.

"You can borrow the blue crayon."

Immediately, a smile popped up on Tao's face. "Really?"

"Yeah," Kris answered with a pout.

As soon as time out was over (10 minutes), Kris and Tao waddled back to their seats. With a small scowl, Kris handed Tao the precious blue crayon.

Tao wrote his name carefully at the bottom of his drawing before handing the blue crayon back. Giving Kris a small smile, he said, "We can share."

Across the table, Luhan and Sehun gaped at Kris. Kris had never willingly given away one of his art materials... ever.

And Kris? Kris realized art was a good best friend to have, but Tao was an even better best friend.

 

Hey guys! I finally finished this Taoris bit, and i hope you liked it? I know as a child, I hogged all the toys ^^ No one stood a chance.
I'm not sure which pairing will be in my next story, but I hope I'll get the next story out soon!
Comments, subscriptions and upvotes would be appreciated :)

Love and Kisses <3