Mine (Baekyeol)

Baby Exo Chronicles

Also from my main story (Close Your Eyes) I'll be adding new stories soon, I promise!

Mine

Baekhyun scowled as Chanyeol went with the crowd to surround the new exchange student, Zhang Yixing. Baekhyun didn't see what was so special about the other little boy. He reluctantly followed the crowd, and he stood in the outskirts, glaring daggers at Chanyeol as Chanyeol chatted animatedly with Yixing. Chanyeol was his best friend, and he wouldn't let Yixing take him away.

He grinned as the comotion in the corner courtyard caught Yixing's eye, but frowned when he noticed Yixing walking towards the comotion. He knew what it was going to be. BaeHo would be bullying his classmate Suho again. Baekhyun didn't like BaeHo and he liked Suho just fine, but going against a second grader who was as big as BaeHo was asking for an early death. Baekhyun was only in kindergarden and he wanted to alive until he was old... Until he was 10 he decided. 

Standing on his tippy toes at the back of the crowd, his jaw dropped when Yixing confronted the second grader. He couldn't really hear what the chinese boy was saying but after a bit, BaeHo slouched away and Suho ran away towards the school, Yixing chasing after him. 

The crowd dispersed eager to use the last 10 minutes of recess to their advantage. Soon Baekhyun was sitting alone on the swings, after finally being able to clamber on top of them and he was close to tears. After so much work of climbing on top of the seat, he realized Chanyeol wasn't there to push him like he usually was. Baekhyun tried to swing the swing himself but stopped when he almost fell off. 

A gentle push on his back surprised him, but the swing was moving. The swing was moving back and forth, slowly yes, but Baekhyun was happy. He turned around and found Chanyeol behind him, his usual bright smile on his face. 

"Where have you been Baek? I was looking all over for you!" he chattered, nonstop. "You should have talked to Yixing, Baek. He was a nice guy, and wasn't he brave? Going up against those second graders without any hesitation? He also knows-"

"Stop, Yeol" Baek scowled, jumping off the swing, falling and scraping his knee. He bit his lip, trying to hold his tears in as the small cut on his leg stung. There wasn't any blood, but it still hurt and he wanted mommy.

Long arms surrounded him as he sniffled, and he was surrounded by the smell of Chanyeol: play dough and cookies and the strawberries they had shared during snacktime. Chanyeol was also warm and comforting, like Baekhyun's giant teddy bear at home so he leaned into the hug and sniffled some more. 

Finally, Chanyeol pulled away and took a look at Baekhyun's leg. He placed a small butterfly kiss on Baekhyun's knee and grinned at Baekhyun. "Mommy always kisses my boo boos when I'm hurt" he explained, before pulling Baekhyun up so they could go to class.

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun muttered as they entered the school.

"Mhmm?" Chanyeol hummed back.

"I don't want you to be best friends with Yixing. You're my best friend, and Yixing can go find his own." Baekhyun scowled at the ground, hating the blush that was covering his small face.

Chanyeol looked up him in surprise, a small grin on his face. "Of course, you're my best friend Baek. But Yixing is nice too, and we can both be friends with him, right?" Seeing the deepening scowl on Baekhyun's face, Chanyeol sighed. "Sure, sure sure Baek, you don't have to be friends with him... But I'm going to be friends with him, but you'll still be my best friend, alright?"

Chanyeol raced away, cackling with laughter and Baekhyun glared at the tall retreating figure. But then, he rememberd the feeling of his best friend's comforting arms around him and Baekhyun decided to let him go; just this once. After all, he'd still be Chanyeol's best friend and that was all that counted.