Photosynthesis (Xiuchen)

Baby Exo Chronicles

Yayy, I wrote something ^^

Photosynthesis

 "Mrs Kim?" a small voice called out from the back of the room. The class was currently having art hour, which consisted of small groups of two hovering around desks scribbling on paper. The only one who seemed to take these art lessons seriously was the tall basketball player. Kris.

Mrs Kim searched around the classroom for the owner of the voice, Jongdae, but he was nowhere to be seen. "Jongdae?"

"Yes?" a small voice piped up from right next to Mrs Kim, and she looked down to see the small five year old looking up at her with a solemn face. 

"What did you want to ask?"

"What's," Jongdae's face crumpled up in concentration as he sounded out the word. "Fo-to-syn-this?"

"Photosynthesis?" Mrs Kim asked in slight amusement, but Jongdae only pouted.

'Thats what I said. Fo-to-syn-this" he repeated stubbornly.

"Erm, its when plants take up water through their roots...." Mrs Kim explained, voice venturing off in confusion.

"What's roots." Jongdae asked again, brow furrowing in confusion.

"Its like... the plant's feet. The plants drink in water through their feet so they can grow strong and tall."

"Ohh," Jongdae exclaimed before running off in search of his best friend. Xiumin.

 

During lunch, Mrs Kim became slightly worried. "Has anyone seen Xiumin and Jongdae?" Everybody else shook their heads, no. 

Sehun blurted out, "If you find Xiumin, you'll find Jongdae," and everyone else nodded in confirmation. The two were always with each other, just like how Baekhyun clung to Chanyeol, Yixing always had an arm around Suho, Jongin always pulled Kyungsoo along, Sehun always curled up next to Luhan, and Tao always followed Kris around. It was simply the way things worked. 

Krystal suddenly spoke up, her short legs peeking out from underneath her fluffy pink skirt. "They went to the bathroom, I think."

Mrs Kim nodded, before ushering the kids out for recess, and going to search for the kids in the bathroom. 

Inside the bathroom, she found them. Xiumin and Jongdae were filling bottles with water before plodding out of the bathroom carefully, making sure none of the water spilled. Hiding in a small corner, Mrs Kim followed them, wondering what they were doing. She found herself following the two boys into the science wing, and into the courtyard with the potted plants. They then took the bottles of water they had filled up and proceeded to flood the plants. 

Mrs Kim let out a strangled yelp as her beloved plants were being drowned, but the two boys, too immersed in their task didn't hear her.

She then followed the boys into a janiters closet, where Xiumin took two large buckets. Following the boys back into the bathroom, she watched in confusion as they then took of their shoes. 

Finally, realization hit her as the two boys stepped into the buckets of water. 

Jongdae stuck his two arms out, as if he was immitating a plant and Xiumin sniggered. 

"Are you sure we'll grow taller this way?" Xiumin wondered as he plodded his feet inside the bucket. Droplets of water flew up and out onto the bathroom floor.

"Yeah," Jongdae replied confidently. "We'll be even taller than Chanyeol and Kris, hyung. Mrs Kim said so."

Mrs Kim resisted the urge to slam her head into the wall. 

"Fo-to-syn-this" Jongdae explained, a solemn grin on his face, "Is when plants drink water with their feet. So when all the water is gone, we'll have drank all the water with our feet and we'll grow tall."

Xiumin nodded as if this made all the sense in the world and continued to stand in the bucket of water.

Unable to contain her laughter, Mrs Kim snorted and walked into the view of the two boys.

"Xiumin, Jongdae, what are you two doing?"

Xiumin looked slightly abashed, but Jongdae just stared back at her blinking innocently. "We're growing taller Mrs Kim." Jongdae stepped out of his bucket and plodded over to where Mrs Kim stood. "Do I look taller, Mrs Kim?"

Mrs Kim simply sighed, berating herself inwardly for choosing such a foolish job. "Come on Xiumin, Jongdae. Take your clothes, we need to go the nurses office."

"To measure how tall we are?" Jongdae squealed, racing back to his shoes on his stubby legs. Xiumin reluctantly stepped out of his own bucket.

"Sure, Jongdae... Sure" Mrs Kim muttered, clasping both the boy's hands in her own, and taking Xiumin's small chubby hand in her other. 

 

Finally, after confirming neither of the boys would catch a cold, Mrs Kim reluctantly let the nurse measure Xiumin's and Jongdae's height.

To her absolute shock, and to their absolute joy, they had both grown a full inch since they were last measured. Two weeks ago.

As they left the nurses office, Mrs Kim followed the two boys and heard Jongdae whisper in Xiumin's ear.

"I told you it would work, hyung. I told you so."

Xiumin simply grinned, grabbing Jongdae's hand and running off towards the classroom. 

 

awkward laughter-- heyy? This story is actually based off of my own experiences (but it was my mom instead of Mrs Kim, and my brother instead of Xiumin....)(I was a strange child)
I hope you all enjoyed this ^^
Please subscribe aND comment!