Cookies (Kaisoo)

Baby Exo Chronicles

Slightly older EXO. Also from Close Your Eyes

Cookies

Kyungsoo scowled as he neared the cafeteria. Another day of getting ridiculed. He shuffled into the large room, before spotting an empty table and rushing towards it. Settling himself down, he sneaked a look both ways before pulling out his home made sandwich, and he stared at it in disgust. A sudden commotion caused him to sneak a look up and his jaw dropped when another boy sat down across from him, a lunch tray in his hand. It was Kim Jongin, the second most popular boy in kindergarten, the first one being the foreign student, Yixing. 

Before Jongin could even open his mouth, Kyungsoo spoke up. "If you're going to come here and tease me about my lunch, don't even bother. Yes, I don't buy school lunch, I don't see why this fact concerns anyone." He stared at the other boy defiantly, his large eyes narrowed, his heart shaped lips pursed and his round cheeks sticking out. 

"Relax, Kyungsoo" Jongin finally said, after finally getting his laughter under control. "I just wanted to sit next to you because you're the only one at school who doesn't treat me like I'm royalty. Besides, you're lucky you get home made lunches. That shows your parents care about you and they take the time to make you lunch. I'm jealous."

Kyungsoo stared at the boy in front of him, large eyes even wider in disbelief. "Oh... What do you mean I don't treat you like royalty? No one does."

Jongin snorted, taking a bite of his hamburger. "Yeah, sure. Everyone acts so fake around me, and whenever I say something, everyone takes it to heart. I told them my favorite color was orange and now everyone is wearing orange and giving me their orange crayons during drawing time."

Kyungsoo shrugged, also taking a bite out of his sandwich. "My favorite color is orange too..." was all he murmured out, suddenly feeling very shy. "Won't they think you're weird? You're hanging out with the boy who always brings his own lunch every single day?"

Jongin laughed, and Kyungsoo couldn't help but join him, Jongin's laughter was so infectious. "Let them think what they want, I like you. You're honest and very straight forward. Mommy says those types of people are the bestest."

Kyungsoo stared at him for a bit. "Okay." he finished his sandwich and was about to stand up and throw his things away. 

"Wait for me, hyung" the other boy asked, staring at Kyungsoo with pleading eyes. 

"Alright, fine" Kyungsoo pouted, but sat back down to wait for the tan boy. 

"Alright, I'm done!" Jongin called out. "Hyung?"

"What?"

"Will you be sitting here tomorrow?"

"Most likely... why?"

"Can I join you?"

".... Yeah..."

"Great! And hyung?"

"What?"

"You should bring me a cookie too, alright?" Jongin gestured to the cookie crumbs that now decorated Kyungsoo's face. 

"Fine" Kyungsoo grumbled, but with a small smile nonetheless. "But are you hanging out with me for me or my cookies?"

"Both" Jongin replied promptly, his chubby face breaking out into a smile. "See you tomorrow, hyung!"

With that, Jongin raced away to the playground and into the sand pit. Kyungsoo stared at the other boy's retreating back for a bit, his eyebrows furrowed.  Shrugging the thoughts away, little Kyungsoo decided to swing on the swings. 

"Hyung, what are you doing?" cried a voice behind him as Kyungsoo swung higher and higher. "Why didn't you follow me to the sandbox? We should be digging up treasure!"

Kyungsoo slowed the swings down before clambering off the swings. "I didn't know you wanted me to follow" he explained.

"Of course I want you to follow! You have to meet my friends!" Jongin cried exasperated. "Come on, hyung"