Chapter 17: The Last Goodbye

Love's Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The heart sees through the things not done and hears through the words unspoken...

 

“I’ll be watching you, Soojung. Don’t make any mistake.”

That hateful voice echoed in her mind.

Krystal slowly approached Minho, her knees buckling with every step she took.

Minho crossed the remaining distance between them and took her in his arms.

She put her arms around him and hugged him with all her might. She blinked back her tears and breathed deeply to stop herself from crying.

He immediately sensed that something was wrong. “Are you all right?”

She gave him a bright smile. “Of course! Why wouldn’t I be?”

He stared at her, unconvinced.

“Tell me what’s wrong.”

She averted her gaze. It was her cue. “I think it’s time to tell you this, Minho-yah.”

His brows furrowed. He didn’t like what he saw in her face.

“I can’t be with you anymore.”

“What?” he cupped her chin and made her look at him.

“I can’t be with you anymore,” she looked at him in the eyes. “The truth is that I don’t really love you. I never really loved you, Choi Minho. You’re just someone I want to play with. You don’t mean anything to me.”

He stared at her for a moment then laughed hollowly. “You can do better than that, Soojung-ah.”

“Stop calling me that. Everything I told you wasn’t true. Even that thing about me getting pregnant with your son. You’re so gullible to believe such crap like that,” she began to laugh hysterically.

Minho held her face with both hands and tried to kiss her but she began to fight him like crazy.

“Stop that! I don’t want you anymore, do you even understand what I’m saying?” she screamed, struggling as Minho tried to hold her.

He finally let go of her and she faced him, panting. A tear escaped and rolled down her cheek and she quickly brushed it away with the back of her hand.

Minho looked at her with pleading eyes. “What are you afraid of now, Krystal? Is it about your father? You know I could protect myself and you from him now. Tell me and I will help you deal with it. Just don’t…please don’t break up with me.”

Krystal tried to glare at him and act cold, when deep inside she wanted to run into his arms and tell him everything.

“I must admit we have great chemistry. I mean, since you’re so good in bed,” she said, trying to sound icy and harsh. “But it’s quite simple. No matter how my body reacts around you it’s just that and nothing else. I’m choosing Kyoung Jae and my appa over you.”

Minho’s eyes widened, shock and hurt written all over his face.

“I’m marrying Kyoung Jae the day after tomorrow,” with that being said, she turned to leave.

He caught her by the wrist and made her turn around. “I don’t believe you, Krystal Jung. Maybe you’re just not in the right mind to make your decisions right now. I don’t know what’s scaring or threatening you, but I won’t give up. I would still be waiting for you at the airport the day after tomorrow.”

She almost wept but she managed to keep her expression flat. She pulled her arm from his grasp. “Don’t waste your time. Just let me go.”

Minho watched Krystal walk away, hoping she wasn’t really walking out of his life. She will come back, he told himself, but his heart hurt, and he felt afraid she wouldn’t.

…………………………………….

Yonghwa held Yoogeun and Sook-Ju in his arms. He had just arrived from work. Things had been weird in his workplace. He heard Minho was out the whole day, and so was his secretary Jinki. Everytime they have business meetings, Yonghwa goes with them. But there was none in the schedule that day, so he wondered where his boss who had become his friend, could have gone.

He looked up and saw his wife come out of the kitchen to greet him.

“What happened with your conversation with Krystal, Hyun?” he was expecting Yoogeun to be gone the moment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter