Chapter 15: Decisions

Love's Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The key to the answers…?

 

Minho looked at Krystal, trying to read what was written on her face. Sadness…and fear?

“Minho-yah, I have something to tell you.”

The smile on his face gradually disappeared upon seeing the seriousness of her expression.

“What is it?” he asked. And then he smiled again. “Geez, Krystal, what’s with the look? You’re making me nervous.”

She opened to speak but closed it when she saw Yoogeun heading farther down the water. She ran toward the child and Minho followed her.

“Yoogeun-ah, don’t go too far,” she said.

Minho picked up the boy, then he turned to Krystal. “What was it you want to tell me?”

Yoogeun pointed at an empty shell on the sand not far away from where they are. “Minho appa, I want that!”

“It can wait. Just continue playing with Yoogeun,” Krystal said.

Minho crouched down to pick up the shell and handed it to Yoogeun, his attention all the while at Krystal. He was so anxious to hear what it was she wanted to tell him, and by the look on her face he really didn’t know if it’s bad news. Is it about them? Will she leave again?

Krystal stood before him, talking to Yoogeun about the empty shell, the gloomy expression on her face all but erased.

Minho played with Yoogeun for a while, but he was already distracted. After what seemed like eternity the little boy fell asleep, and the sun has already set.

“Now, what is it that you want to say to me earlier?” Minho asked Krystal when they were already inside his car, with Yoogeun safely strapped in his baby chair at the backseat.

She gave him a nervous smile. “You don’t easily forget, do you?”

He didn’t say anything but just kept on looking at her, waiting for her to say what she had to say.

She took a deep breath. “All right, I have a confession to make. Something that I didn’t tell you before because I was afraid you will get angry with me.”

His brows furrowed, and he grew more nervous.

“Months after I left for the US, I found out I was pregnant.”

His eyes widened.

“I…I lost the baby,” she bowed her head and her voice broke, but she continued, hurrying a bit too much that her words almost ran together. “Not that I lost him when I was still pregnant with him. I delivered him alive and then Jessica unnie…she told me that our baby was dead when I woke up. I couldn’t believe it because he was healthy. My obstetrician said there’s no problem during my prenatal check-ups and then all of a sudden when I gave birth my baby is dead?! I knew right there and then that something was wrong when she didn’t even want to talk to me and unnie wouldn’t let me. I think it’s appa again. I don’t know where he took the baby. I’m so sorry, I couldn’t do anything to protect him. I let them take him away from me,” she began to cry.

Minho reached out and pulled her to him, hugging her. “Why would you think I would get mad at you?”

She looked up at him. “I was afraid that you would think I don’t even care about our baby.”

He shook his head. “But that’s unreasonable. It’s not your fault. You suffered when you lost him, too,” he whispered.

She bowed her head again and cried on his chest.

“It seems that your father is much more indebted to me than I thought. He took you from me, and he took our son from us,” his face darkened.

Krystal raised her head to look at him. “You’re not planning anything, are you? Please Minho-yah, don’t even think of getting revenge. It will get you nowhere. I’m afraid you’d get hurt and besides, he is still my father.”

He stared back at her.  “No, I will not hurt your father. I know you wouldn’t want that,” he held her face with both hands. “We will look for our lost child, I promise you that.”

She nodded and closed her eyes when he leaned closer and kissed her.

He pulled away seconds later. “I changed my mind. I’m getting back at your father. You’re not going home to him tonight.”

Her eyes widened. “Are we running away now?”

He chuckled. “You’re so impatient.”

“But we’re running out of time! Do you forget that they already set the date of my wedding to Kyoung Jae? It would be three days from now!”

“I didn’t. We will leave on that day of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter