Chapter 1: Pink Handkerchief

Love's Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The huge, black motorcycle sped through the school’s gates and swerved down the curving driveway. Its rider stopped the thing, got off from it, and as he took off his helmet, girls nearby almost swooned.

Choi Minho tossed his keys into the air and caught them before putting them inside his pocket. He walked to his first class with his brows furrowed, ignoring the looks and giggles of the girls around him. None of them really interests him. Not that he dislike girls. He was just too preoccupied with more important things than to pay attention to a baby’s affections.

He walked up the stairs and down the corridor when suddenly someone bumped his side. He turned and saw a young boy, a freshman maybe. The boy paled upon seeing that it was Minho he had collided with. He staggered backwards.

“Sorry. He shoved me,” the boy said, pointing to his friend who stood leaning on the parapet.

“Yah, why did you shove him?” Minho demanded at the other boy.

“I…I, we…” the boy stuttered.

“They were arguing about who would give the handkerchief to Krystal Jung,” a third boy answered.

“What handkerchief?” he eyed the three boys who cringed. The second boy elbowed the third one.

“T-the handkerchief Krystal dropped earlier,” the first boy answered. He showed a folded pink handkerchief to Minho.

“Give me that,” Minho snatched the hanky from the boy’s hand. “You may stop arguing. I’ll be the one to return this to her. Your problem’s solved.”

He turned and walked away.

“Yah! You can’t do that!” one of the three boys shouted at him.

Minho stopped walking and slowly turned to them, his eyes narrowing. The boys cowered. He stared at them for a moment before facing front and continuing his way to his class.

“Idiots,” he muttered. He shook his head. Krystal Jung. She was the most popular girl in their school ever since she transferred. He understands why almost all the male students go crazy over her, being a male himself. She is indeed hot; beautiful face, beautiful body. But looks aside, he just doesn’t ‘dig’ her. To him she was just a shallow, selfish brat. She was so full of herself. She thinks herself as above of everyone else in school. She was too aware of her beauty and what it does to the opposite and she never fails to use it. Really, Minho could go on all day reciting the things he disliked about this Krystal Jung.

He looked down at the handkerchief he held as he entered the classroom. Her handkerchief could wait. He’s already late for class.

………………….

Krystal Jung smiled sweetly at the guy before her. She and her friends were currently waiting for their turn to get lunch at the counter of the school’s cafeteria and they were among the students who were lined up.

The guy before Krystal blushed when he realized Krystal Jung had just given him a smile.

“Hi,” Krystal said to him. “What are you having for lunch?”

The boy turned redder. He couldn’t believe she was talking to him. “Um… I don’t know…yet…”

“Well,” Krystal appeared to be thinking for a moment, then she smiled at the boy again. “What’s your name?”

“Lee Dae-ho,” the boy answered.

“Well, Dongho-ssi can you do me a favor? My feet really hurt and I needed to sit down now. Could you please buy me lunch?” she took a couple of Won bills from her wallet and handed it to the guy.

“H-how about if I just treat your for lunch?” Dae-ho said, growing bolder. It’s not every day that you get to talk to the hottest girl in campus, much more have lunch with her.

“Really? Oh, that’s so sweet of you,” she pinched the boy’s cheeks and he smiled shyly. “But what about them?” she pointed her thumb to the three people behind her who leaned sideways and grinned at him. Ah, the Terrible Three…and Krystal’s best friends: Amber Liu, Choi Jinri and Park Sunyoung. Dae-ho turned his attention to Krystal. She was looking expectantly at him. In fact, all four were. And he wanted to impress Krystal, he really does.

“S-sure,” he answered.

“Great! Thank you!” Krystal said as Jinri and Sonyoung squealed and each gave Amber a high five. The four of them started to leave the lunch line.

“Wait, c-can’t your friends wait here with me?” Dae-ho called to them.

Krystal smiled sweetly again and rubbed his right arm. “You can do it. Their feet hurt, too. Later,” she waved and ran behind her friends, and the four of them sat on their usual spot in the corner, leaving poor Dae-ho scratching his head. What had he just gotten into?  

…………………

“Here you go,” Dae-ho put the tray loaded with food on the table. “I don’t know what you guys want so I kind of got a little of everything,” he told Krystal who was seated on one of the four chairs surrounding the table. The other three chairs were occupied by her three friends.

Krystal flashed her pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter