Chapter 2

The Ice Cold Siren
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER NOT EDITED

The sound of water pouring from a pipe that flowed straight into a pair of soft and smooth hands, rubbing and scrubbing against one another removing any stains, dirt, blood and as well as any microorganisms that would have been incidentally perched after another successful operation that was conducted by none other than Dr. Seo Joo Hyun.

Not taking any chances of any possible left over filth on her hands, she repeated the scrubbing and washing a few times before she headed to the nearby locker room to change into her appropriate work attire.

A simple navy blue long sleeve blouse paired with a black pencil skirt, she finished dressing after slipping on her Jimmy Choo black stilettos that Minji had bought for her after countless, no the word countless would be an understatement of what her ears had gone through Minji’s dreadful nagging, during their final year in Harvard;

“You need to throw that awful sneakers away Hyunnie~” said Minji, squinting her eyes at her friend in annoyance.

Seohyun sighed for the hundredth time, or was it a thousandth? She had lost count as she lifted her golden hazel eyes towards her friend. Holding her chin up in defiance, evening her stance at the nagging midget who dared to intrude her current peace in privacy.

She lifted one of her eyebrows up questioning her. There was nothing wrong in her pair of sneakers. Sure they were old but due to her perfectionist self, they looked no more than a year old instead of 5. She glimpsed down at her foot wear once more and returned at her previous gazed.

“There’s nothing wrong with my footwear”

“Uh, yeah there is” she said in a ‘duh’ kind of tone.

Minji strode towards her before kneeling at her level and lifted her foot up

“See this?” she pointed

Her eyes squinted curiously to see a better view of what Minji was referring of. There was a tinsy, tiny, squeaky, small hole near her shoe lace. Damn! She thought.

“Damn…”

She smirked, her eyes glinted in mischief.

“Never underestimate the great Gong Minji! I have the eyes of a hawk, the ears of a fox and the perseverance of a tiger. Roar!”

She giggled “Alright tiger get off now, we have a long day tomorrow, might as well get as much of sleep as we can”

“Yes mom…” Minji rolled her eyes, though they were best friends, Seohyun would always be the mother hen of the pair. “Owh… I love you too Seohyunnie~ Thanks for agreeing with me” she embraced her in a bear hug before she jumped of and skipped back into her room.

A few days later, Seohyun found a Teal box on her study desk. Her eyes bore onto the object curiously but nothing itched any changes on her enchanting face, not even a single frown nor a smile that could be found on her face.

Her hands made their way to the object and worked on their way in opening the contents without any flinch or any hesitation what so ever.

“That bloody midget” she whispered

She picked up of what seemed to be a black pair of five inch stilettos and laid them before she picked up a pink note;

Dear Hyunnie~

Please don’t get mad at me! I just want to give you a little present for our first graduation ceremony in a week time.

I know, I know, you’re thinking of strangling me and feed me to the ducks (btw make sure those ducks are cute! ;3 ) but please~ I only want the best for you pooh bear and you definitely deserve the best!

LOVE YA! XOXO <3

“Pooh bear?”

She cringed at the memory, till this day, she still couldn’t figure out why Minji called her pooh bear. She was no fan of cartoons but a little knowledge she gained from Minji’s constant blabbering during their childhood days had made her to make a mental note that she wasn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter