Chapter 3

The Ice Cold Siren
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER NOT EDITED!

“Aigoo…” Minji moaned, her shoulders were aching due to her non-stop schedule, after almost 4 hours, or was it more? She had given up counting down the hours until her next day-off and worked her arse off like a zombie.

I bet the zombies in The Walking Dead would be proud of me, she thought and smiled at herself while stirring her third mug of caffeine of the night. Maybe they would let me join them and together we could find the cure to reverse the virus effect! Yes… Yes… But where can I get the infection… Hmmm… Her mind wonders as she absentmindedly stirs her delectable coffee and took a sip from her mug that says, ‘GONG MINJI’S, USE IT, YOU WON’T MAKE IT’ around the mug.

“That’s cute” a voice appeared behind her, her brows shot up and she turned around to find Kai, the lad from before that oddly seemed to twitch her heart in annoyance.

“W-what?” she stuttered, blush crept on her face.

“You being a zombie, I’ll guess I would give my brain to you Miss Gong Minji” he smirked, oh how I wish to wipe that arrogant smirk off his face, she thought and pursed her lips in annoyance.

“That’s Dr Minji to you Kai, you should at least to show respect for your superiors”

“Oh, but I am, you see Dr Minji, I am showing respect by…” he paused looking at her with a smirk while taking his time walking towards her before pulling off a tendril of her hair out of her tight bun, beautifully framing her face.

She gulped, nervous by the close proximity with him. It was the closest she had ever been with a guy! Oh if her parents knew, oh man, OH GOD! Her eyes widened at the thought of the consequences she might face;

She was only 10 when she sat outside of her courtyard playing by the swing which was near to the sliding door that connected with the lounging room. Then, there was a shouting match inside the house, her ears perked out of recognition of the voices, her parents and her sister Bom.

“I SAID ENOUGH!”

“But mother, you don’t understand, we didn’t do anything, we were just sleeping! We didn’t do it!”

*SLAP

Minji gasped, her parents were never the violent type but whatever that her dear sister had done had truly ignited the devil within her gentle parents.

“Don’t you see? That boy had corrupted you!”

“NO! YOU ARE WRONG! I LOVE HIM” tears b on her sister’s cheeks, red marks evident of her father’s rage

“Honey you don’t understand; we’re only trying to protect you” her mother tried to coax her daughter

“NO!” Bom said stubbornly before she took off, running up the flight of stairs as a hard slam of the door was heard. She saw her mother collapsed onto the floor, hands covering her face, her father went onto his knees before engulfing his beloved into a warm embrace.

She jumped off before running inside the house, “Mama, Papa” she voiced out her present. “Come here little one” her mother called as she sat on her lap and hugged the both of them, her young heart did not understand the current situation but she knows that her hearts clenched in sadness to see such grim on her parents.

“Promise me princess not to date anyone unworthy and if you do, let us meet the lucky guy first alright?” her mother said gently, caressing her hair. “I promise” she kissed her parents kiss that brought smiles upon their solemn face as they watch their innocence radiating from their youngest daughter. They hoped that she’ll always be their little baby, protected from the evil of the world.

“G-get away from me” she stuttered, backing her upper body away from the young lad in front of her, that doesn't understand the term personal space. Her hands were set on his firm chest, trying to put some distance between them.

“Oh, why?” he pouted, his eyes glinted in mischief and something she couldn’t put a finger in before he kissed her heated cheek, pulled in a few steps back and gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter