Chapter 4

The Ice Cold Siren
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER NOT EDITED!

Baekhyun swore he had never seen such beauty before, with her porcelain fair skin, her set of eyes are the deepest colour of light brown he had ever seen, her cute straight button nose and beautiful lush red lips, he knew they were natural without lipstick on. Even with her tearstained face, she is without a doubt the most beautiful person he had met, ever, period.

His hand still hovers as an offering of his beloved handmade handkerchief that his mother knitted back at home. As if time has frozen, both of their eyes glued onto each other unbeknownst that destiny has started twisted their fate together.

Her big glossy eyes look at him, questioning the young man in front of her. It was odd, really. She can’t put her mind to it but it was odd. In all her life, she can’t remember anyone or any strangers at that would ever give her the expression that he’s wearing, what is it. People were usually afraid of her, admiring her from afar she knew that but was too afraid to approach her. But this man was different. What was it? Sad? Sympathy? Seo Joo Hyun doesn’t need sympathy, she’s strong, sympathy won’t give her anything but heartbreak and agony. Sympathy won’t give her the success that she worked on so hard for from the desolation she lived before.

It was awkward for Baekhyun, why isn’t she taking his offering? There aren’t any stains. I think? Well I did wash it yesterday his hand was still hovering and surprised by the change of look from her beautiful eyes, they’ve hardened into something he couldn’t decipher.

“Who are you and what do you want?” every words that came out from was cold and hard. He shivered, he had the goosebumps as he could physically feel the hairs on his body rose. He didn’t know what or why he did it but somehow he gained a confidence and bent over her before cupping her face and wipe the tears off her face, face burning in embarrassment at what he’s doing but he just couldn’t help himself. There’s something about her just pulled him in and his heart couldn’t take the sight of her in tears.

Eyes wide opened and mouth hung opened as her eyebrows disappeared into the roots of her hair. “It’s okay to cry, strong people do. No need to be on defence, I won’t do anything to you and I promise to not tell anyone” he said with voice ever softly as he shyly smiled down at her in assurance.

Something moved within her as she could feel heat rising up to her cheeks she swore she could see herself as red as a tomato. Satisfied at his accomplishment of making her stop crying, he took her hand and gave her his handkerchief before standing straight.

“I don’t know what you’re going through or how tough it is but I know that whatever it is, you’ll get through it” he smiled before taking off to his destination.

Seo Joo Hyun, still sitting on the staircase, was frozen by the little incident with the stranger. her whole body was numb as her brilliant mind stopped working. She didn’t know how long has she been sitting there frozen in shock but after all that, her only question that she could think of was he didn’t know me?

Her eyes dropped down to her hand where a silky soft piece of square cloth with the initial B she held on. Gazing out to the large window in front of her, overlooking the city of Seoul, her gazed hardened once more, this time with determination. She will make a comeback and Kris will pay for what he had done. Pulling her phone out from her purse as she dialled the number of her trusted employee while standing up and made her way down the staircase, avoiding the elevator, refusing to make an encounter with her newfound enemies.

“Yes miss” firm female voice answered within the first ring.

“Jennie, make sure to relocate my current secretary in my Seoul office that goes by the name Jessica Jung and do a background check on her, and I need you to do a thorough background check of my boyfriend as well, Kris Wu. Anything at all, especially the dirty ones and report back to me ASAP” Is he still her boyfriend though, definitely not.

“Right away, anything else?”

Seohyun looked at the handkerchief she’s holding, “Can you give me the latest name list of the hospital staff? I need to find someone and returned…” she paused midway down, what is it that she had to return she wondered “…an item back”

“Noted”

With that Seo Joo Hyun made her way down the stairs down to the lobby and called her chauffeur as she made her way back home with her mind forming a plan for revenge.

Down the empty hallway of offices, a young man named Baekhyun silently curs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter