Effort

Forget It

Minho yawned, stretching out and blinking a few times. His lips parting in a yawn as he rolled to his side to turn the alarm off, glaring at the blinking number on the digital clock. 

Yet he had to get up anyway, curling his fingers a few times as he slid his legs off the bed and stood up. Jonghyun was passed out on a mat beside his bed, sleeping through the alarm somehow. The blanket tangled around his legs as Minho stepped over him carefully and slid into the bathroom to shower. 

Though he didn't have any classes so early he was hoping he'd run into Jinki at some point. He felt a need to apologize, to explain to him that he was wrong. He didn't hate him, though he did at some point before. He wanted a chance to make up for what he did, for ignoring the other boy and talking behind his back. For not giving him a chance. For breaking his heart without knowing it. 

Shaking his head Minho let out a low groan. Fingers combing through his hair and shaking his head to rid of the thoughts. There was no way he could've known Jinki felt that way. So there was no reason for him to feel guilty. None at all. 

Fixing his shirt with a small scowl he stepped back out of the bathroom and found his shoes, nudging Jonghyun's side before pulling them on and reaching for his jacket. 

Then he was gone. walking to the school with his bag thumping on his shoulder as he tried to think of what he could say to the other. His mind spinning as he tossed ideas and tried to work on some. None seeming to be good enough. 

And before he knew it he was at school, pushing open the front doors and dragging his feet to the small bench that sat outside his class. Eyes narrowed slightly as he let his head fall back against the wall. 

Why did it matter to him all of a sudden? Why did he care about if the other hated him, a few weeks ago he would've laughed. Yet all he could think about was the fact that Jinki had said he hated him. And that he had kissed Jinki, that he had kissed the other without thinking of what would come of it. Though apparently, that wasn't their first kiss, so it wasn't like he had done something that bad. 

Cursing quietly he shook his head once again and leaned forward so his elbows pressed to his knees. He needed to get his mind off that. To just find the right words to say to him when he showed up.


Jinki bit his bottom lip as he entered the school, his hands clutching the sleeves of his jacket as he shuffled inside. He hadn't wanted to go, but Taemin had shoved him out the door. 

After he had let the other in the night before they had spoken, Jinki crying to the other. Everything being said as he tried to wipe the tears. And they had both decided that it was best for Jinki to leave. To withdrawal from the school and find a new one. That it would be best for him to cut all ties and try to move on. What good would staying in the school do anyway? 

He just wanted to say goodbye. Why he didn't know, but to just leave like that wasn't like him. He would feel hollow if he did that. 

So he let out a small sigh and tugged at the hem of his shirt, glancing around the hall and paling when he saw Minho. 

Biting his bottom lip he straightened his back and walked by, ignoring when the other looked up and speeding up when he opened his mouth to say something. He hadn't come to say goodbye to Minho. No, he had nothing to say to Minho. He wanted nothing to do with the younger male. 

Instead, he slipped down the halls and away from the others view, hands clenching and unclenching as he glanced at the slats on the doors. Stopping at one and knocking, smiling slightly when it opened. 

"Jinki?" The man asked as he opened the door, brow raised as the boy slipped under his arm and into the room. "What are you doing here, your first class starts soon."

Jinki shrugged, sitting down on the couch as the teacher sighed and settled beside him, eyes running over the boy's posture. "I... I'm not going to class after this." He finally whispered making the other frown. 

"Why not?" He asked, reaching over to place a hand on the other's leg. 

"I'm withdrawing..." Jinki whispered. looking down as Mr.Shens hand tightened and his eyes narrowed. "I can't take it here anymore... It's not good for me." He shook his head and looked up at the teacher. "I need friends! I need a social life instead of just sitting in my room all day every day." 

Mr. Shen just frowned. staring at the others face. "No... You can't just leave Jinki." His lips pursed as the other let out a small laugh. 

"But I have to! I can't take it anymore. I tried and tried and tried," Jinki hiccuped as he tried to keep back his tears. "I'm so tired of having no one."

The man shook his head and tried to pull the other closer. "Jinki you can't leave." He said, voice a tad lower. 

"And why can't it?" He asked finally, shaking away from the others group and standing. "I have every right to!" 

Mr. Shen stood as well, his height towering over Jinki. "Because after all we've been through you... you just can't!" He yelled out as Jinki backed slightly. 

"I can leave whenever I want!" He yelled back, hands clenching as he shook his head. "There's no reason for me to stay!"

The elder grit his teeth and grabbed Jinki's arm. "There is a reason dammit! After all I did to get you myself and you're just leaving?!" He snapped, shaking Jinki as the boy stared up at him with wide eyes. "You're just going to waste all my effort?!" 

"What effort...?" He asked, no longer sounding angry, waiting for the answer. 

"The rumors idiot. Who do you think started them? Huh? It worked so ing well too! Now you have to go ahead and ruin it?!" He snapped, glaring at Jinki who had a new set of tears welling up in his eyes. "I want you to myself Jinki, and if I didn't start those rumors everyone would've stolen you from me!"

"You.. you ruined my life," Jinki whispered, shaking his head. "And I thought you were the good guy!" He choked out, hand reaching up to cover his mouth as a small strangled noise escaped him.

Slowly he pulled away from the man who was slowly realizing what he had said. "No... Jinki..." He mumbled, reaching for the boy who jerked away before stumbling and falling when the back of his legs hit the couch. "Jinki... I'm sorry..." 

The boy just shook his head as more tears fell, quickly he moved to get up before yelping when he was pushed back onto the couch. Eyes wide as he stared up at Mr. Shen. "What are you doing?" He asked, trying his best to sound angry as the man held his arm tight. 

"I told you Jinki, I won't let you waste my efforts."


Yes? No? 
It's short but yeah...
I wanted a cliffhanger of sorts (don't hate me ;;;;)
Well, thank you for reading!!!! <3 <3