I Like You

Forget It

Jinki was bouncing on the couch as he leaned over to finish telling Taemin about the date, even though his brother wasn't Minho's biggest fan he was happy that his brother was, so he it up and listened. Chuckling as the other male reached up to rub his red cheeks, glancing down to mumble about how the other had been so sweet to him. 

Their night ended well, with both of them laughing over the movie and holding hands to Minho's car and during the ride back, it felt oddly normal. Even being walked to his front door and Jinki felt warm inside. Sure, he had promised himself that he would never fall for Minho again but something told him that perhaps he had never actually moved on and was just angry because the warmth felt familiar. The smile on his lips came easily and Minho returned it. 

Not only that but Minho had done so much, had stuck by his side even when he was shunned, had done his best to do what he thought would help Jinki and never backed down, it was sweet and left Jinki wanting to do so much for the other male as well though he wasn't sure what he even could do. The other still had classes and things to do with his life that kept him busy so at least Jinki had time, Taemin smiling and standing up. 

"I'm gonna head to school, but I'll see you later, okay?" He hummed with a smile before turning to leave, Jinki falling back onto the couch as he pursed his lips and began to brainstorm. They had managed to bond over the weeks since the incident and Minho had been by his side more often than not as of late, able to make Jinki smile when he was feeling at his lowest. But what could he do for Minho?

The older male liked sports, anything with competition really, he liked dogs and video games, as well as binge-watching weird movies that Jinki had never heard the names of before. It was endearing in an odd way and he wouldn't complain as he took part in all those things with him, so maybe he could plan a surprise second date? He jerked up at the thought, knowing he'd have to do it soon and make it amazing, but he wasn't the best at putting those things together but he wanted to do it on his own with no help. So, he leaped off the couch to get started since he had invited Minho over for dinner that night. 


The day had put a drain on Minho as he slumped forward against the wheel of his car, knowing he was to go to Jinki's but god he would kill for a large drink and a nap. His classes had beaten him down easily with news of exams and upcoming papers, but he did his best to bury the due dates that were fluttering around in his mind in order to start up the car and drive to the now familiar house with a small smile on his lips, hoping Jinki could recharge him. 

Their date was blissful and holding the other in his arms had his heart beating faster then he could ever imagine, the night ending with them talking in whispers before he drove the male home and made sure he got inside safely. Returning home and laying in bed with his eyes on the ceiling, tossing and turning for hours as he tried to calm the butterflies that seemed content to stay in his stomach and keep him awake through the night. It was, well, amazing. 

He hoped Jinki thought the same of their night as he hadn't thought to ask and thought that it might be weird if he did so the next day, something that he ran by Jonghyun and was told would be kinda odd. Plus, he had the image of a smiling Jinki in his memory so he was pretty sure that the other had a nice time. Perhaps he would gain the courage to ask Jinki on a second date? Maybe after all of the trials were over, though the news he was hearing seemed good. Mr. Shen was locked away with a bail he wouldn't be able to reach and the public was outraged that such a thing had happened in a prestigious school. The university even willing to compensate Jinki for the pain he had gone through. 

It didn't take long for him to pull up to the house, parking across the street and climbing out before shooting Jinki a text that he had arrived and walked over to the door, frowning in confusion when the other responded saying it would be a minute, usually Jinki was sprawled on the couch to open the door quickly. But he didn't mind waiting as he leaned back against the rail and scrolled through their messages before smiling as he read over the ones from that morning, it seemed so domestic, like the relationship he had dreamed of in high school. 

Minho jumped when the door opened before laughing and smiling down at Jinki who blinked up at him before smiling back and moving back to let the other in, shuffling his feet shyly. "How was class?" He asked, snorting in amusement as Minho rolled his eyes and muttered how it had been absolute . 

"Well, hopefully, your day gets a little better," Jinki said, trailing off at the end before stepping back towards the kitchen, Minho cocking a brow in interest at the strange action before following and laughing a bit at the scene before him. 

The table was full of different dishes, ranging from traditional to western, a bottle of wine next to a bottle of soda by the end which had him shaking his head in disbelief and looking down at the other who smiled shyly and shrugged. "I wanted to thank you for everything you've done for me but I realized I didn't know what your favorite food was," he admitted before walking over to sit down in one of the chairs, "I made stuff I know I like so sorry if you don't like it all." 

Minho simply shook his head and reached over to hug the other in thanks, it was amazing and it washed away the stress that had settled on his shoulders all day, convincing him that Jinki must have been magic. "Thank you," he whispered before sitting down and beginning to eat, nudging a plate towards Jinki who sat across from him, the male sighing but taking it with a small smile. "Seriously, I needed something good to happen today."

Jinki only smiled, playing with the food that sat before him as he waited a long moment before speaking again, "Minho, I was really thinking as I was cooking and I-" he in a deep breath before smiling shyly. "I really like you still and you've done so much for me and just- thank you. For everything." He whispered, smiling as he resisted the sudden urge to reach across the table and pull the other into a kiss, though it proved that he didn't need to do that as Minho stood up and leaned over to kiss him softly on the lips. 

"If it isn't clear enough I like you too and you don't need to thank me," He whispered before sighing and hesitating a moment, "Just say you'll be mine?" He asked, cheeks turning a bright pink as Jinki stared up in shock before nodding eagerly. 

"Is it weird to say I've been dreaming of this moment for a while?" Jinki asked with a laugh as he reached up shyly to pull Minho in for another kiss.