Hate and Love

Forget It

"So we kissed?"

Three words, and Jinki felt whatever was left of his will plummet, shattering on the ground as the tears broke loose and streamed down his face. Of course, Minho would have heard. Of course. Why wouldn't he? Though the question put him off the male didn't dwell on it for long as he spun around and tried to push past the Choi, wanting to get out. But of course the other grabbed him, long arm wrapping around his hips and pulling him back into the center of the tiled room. 

"We kissed?" He asked again staring into the older students eyes as the boy trembled, tears falling silently. "Answer me!" Minho growled as he dipped his head lower, their foreheads almost touching causing Jinki to stumble back.

"Yes." He whispered, seeing no reason to lie. "So what if we did?" He asked, voice hoarse as he tried to suppress sobs that were fighting against his chest, trying to break loose. 

"So what?" The other asked, voice higher than usual as he took a step back, allowing Jinki to breathe. "What the hell, why didn't you ing tell me?" He asked, ignoring the way Jinki's eyes snapped up to his, a hint of anger in the usual peaceful orbs. "I have a right to know who I do and don't kiss!"

"Yeah?" The other mumbled, not commenting as he wiped at his eyes, trying yet again to brush by the other only to be pushed back. "And I have a right to being who I want to!" He snapped, not understanding his own words. "I have a right to tell people who I am and have them believe me! I have a right to be Jinki Lee! Not Jinki the god damned !" His chest heaved as he clutched his hair, breathing hard. "I have a right to walk down the halls of my school without hearing the whispers and feeling your ing judgemental gaze when I did nothing! Nothing!" 

Jinki screwed his eyes shut, shaking his head and trying to brush past Minho yet again only to be pulled back and held in place as Minho stared down at him. Not saying anything, just observing the boys tears in silence. "Did nothing?" He finally asked causing the other to snort and struggle. 

"Yes! Nothing! I didn't sleep with anyone! I never did a damn thing to you or your precious beliefs!" Jinki all but screamed as he thrashed. "Now let go of me!"

The Choi just frowned, trying to think and listen to Jinki at the same time before cursing and shoving the boy away, sick of his constant squirming. "Why didn't you say anything then?!" He shouted at the blonde boy who had fallen to the ground at the sudden force. "Why didn't you stick up for yourself?!"

"How was I supposed to do that?!" The other shouted back as he forced his self to his feet. "How?! Why would anyone believe me?!"

"I would have!" Minho screamed, not caring how his voice echoed off the walls or the fact that most people at the mixer could probably hear him. 

"You ing liar!" Jinki screamed, striking out and slapping the other clear across the face as a new set of tears stained his face, small curses burning his mind that he shouldn't cry so much. "You would have laughed in my face you bastard! I don't even know why it has to be you of all people I have to ing love!" 

Minho blinked, hand reaching up to touch where Jinki had slapped him before grabbing the older boys wrists and staring down at him, half hearing his words as their eyes locked before he leaned down and kissed him. 

Their lips slammed together at an awkward angle, and Jinki's eyes widened before he began to struggle, ignoring the way Minho held him before reaching up and shoving his face away.

"I hate you!" He screamed eyes still wide as Minho stared, not processing the fact that the boy stormed out of the bathroom and out of the building a second after that. 


"Minho?" Jonghyun snapped, waving his hand in front of the others face with a worried expression. "Hey, dude, you ok?" The Choi just blinked, making his friend smile a bit. "Minho~ You alright?" He tried again, sighing when the other reacted, shaking his head. 

"No," He whispered as he began to move taking in what had happened and cursing to himself making the shorter boy frown in confusion. "Where's Jinki?" Minho asked, grasping the others arms and pulling their faces closer. 

"Ah- he left a while ago. He's probably home." Jonghyun just frowned and shook his head. 

"What the hell happened between you two?" He asked before grabbing a paper towel and running it under some cold water, pressing it to the red spot that Jinki had made. 

"We had a small argument." Minho hissed, turning his face away and sighing. "Let's just head home, alright?" 

Jonghyun hesitated before shrugging and tossing the paper towel in the trash before following the taller male. "Apologize to him tomorrow," was all he said as they reached his car, Minho not responding. 


Jinki reached his house not long after, throwing the door open and kicking it shut before dashing to his room before Taemin came to investigate. 

His shoes barely made a sound as he kicked them off and threw them into his closet, making sure his door was locked before falling face first into his bed and gripping the pillow angrily. Never had he wanted to scream as he did at the moment, or to just punch something. To break something. Anything. 

Instead, he just tore at his pillow, tears still finding their way onto his cheeks and down to his chin before dropping off and disappearing. His breaths came in small, broken puffs as his shoulders shook and he tried to swallow the pain that wanted to be felt. 

One night and everything he had tried his best to keep hidden was out in the open. All those years of sitting in the back of the class with his head down, all those years of listening to people whisper about him. Listening to them insulting him and laughing at jokes made at his expense. All for nothing. All that pain he had to grit his teeth and bear thinking that once he graduated it would be over. But no, that was a lie and he didn't want to have to do it all over again. 

No matter what, even if he left this school he would remember how much it had hurt. He wouldn't be able to trust anyone. He'd be too scared that they would hear the rumors from somewhere and believe them. His entire world revolved around ignoring the problem and brushing it off, and he didn't know how to get rid of his problems. He didn't know how to stand up for his self, all he knew was how to act like nothing was wrong. 

His shoulders heaved as he let out a broken sob, his mind conjuring up images he imagined when college had first started. When he was still a stupid-naive little boy who thought that it was the beginning of his new life. 

"Jinki?" Taemin called from the other side of the door, causing the other's eyes to grow wide as he pressed the pillow to his lips. "Jinki? Are you alright?" He asked, trying to open the door as the elder buried his face in the pillow and cried. "Why is your door locked? What's wrong?" His voice was high as he tried to open the door once again before knocking a few more times. "Come on, let me in Jinki." 

But he just shook his head, even though Taemin couldn't see him. He was the big brother. Not Taemin. He was supposed to be the one doing the comforting. Not the one locked in his room crying while his brother knocked on the door. He wasn't weak enough to go crying to his little brother for help. 

"Go away Taemin!" He finally snapped when the other demanded to be let in again. "Just go away!" His voice broke on the last word and the younger Lee went silent for a long moment before trying the door again. 

"No! Let me in!" He shouted and Jinki could hear the worry in his voice as the knob continued to turn with Taemin's efforts. "Please, come on. You can trust me! Please, I'm worried, just trust me for once!" 

It wasn't until Jinki heard the way Taemin's voice broke that he stood, dropping his pillow and edged closer to the door silently. "Go away Taem." He mumbled when he was close enough to the door, pressing his forehead against the wood as he fought back another bout of sadness.

"No, just let me in. Trust me for once like you want me to trust you." Taemin said, the frown obvious in his tone as he pressed his hand against the door and sighed. 

A small, albeit sad, smile tugged at Jinki's lips at this and he wiped at his cheeks before he unlocked the door and let Taemin inside. 


Tofubunny here~
Wow... it's a short chapter...
^~^ So thank you for reading!
<3 Thank you all so much for sticking with this story!!!