Baby Blue

Blue Hues

It had started like the majority of their outings together, nothing special, nothing out of the ordinary, nothing. That until Baekhyun’s face suddenly got brighter and brighter while looking straight into his phone. When he started grinning like a mad-man on overdose, the younger man questioned his friend’s sanity. When the shorter man pulled him into a tight hug in the middle of the pave walk, Tao was more than 100% sure that the other has lost that small piece of his mind that resembled sanity.

‘I got the job. I got the job.’ The shorter man chanted excitedly while jumping up and down like a little ball (of metaphorical sunshine) that he was and making the younger jump along with him.

Tao, though perplexed by the sudden burst of excitement coming from his friend, somehow remembered, in the back of his head, that Baekhyun already had a job (and didn’t remember the older man mentioning being fired), a well paid one at that, so why would he want another job…?

‘Congrats’.’ The Chinese man finally said. ‘But why do you need a job though?’

Baekhyun patted his shoulder in a way it would resemble a teacher giving a pupil and important life lesson.

‘My child, you don’t understand. I am going a job…for my job!’ He explained with a wide grin.

Rather unhelpful though, since Tao didn’t feel at all illuminated about the situation, just steadily got more and more confused. ‘Come again?’

The young man with dark silvery hair sighed dramatically, his excitement a bit subsided. Thank heavens!

‘Lora can’t do her job this week, poor girl, sick-‘He begun, hand over his heart.

‘Lora isn’t the girl you claimed to “hate so so much you can’t even find the words in all languages you know and don’t know’?’ Tao interrupted.

Beakhyun rolled his eyes. ‘Yes yes, but just only because she was working with Exo. Let me.’ She took a deep breath. ‘She’s sick and can’t come this week at that show they are invited.’ He started grinning again like a mad-man. ‘And the boss said I could go in her place. Isn’t that just SO AWESOME?’

Tao sighed and reevaluated his life choices. It was still a possibility that he could still run away far, far away from his elated friend.

The younger man knew the drill for some time when Baekhyun started talking about his favorite band, Exo. Since the 6 member band debuted a little more than two years ago with a pretty song and a weird alien concept that Baekhyun tried to explain to him countless times and it still seemed a bit silly to him, the older man has been downright obsessed with them, especially their (albeit nice looking) rapper. Since then the six men have become a permanent fixture in Tao’s life through Baekhyun’s seemingly endless pit of stories and information.

Being able to work with his idols sure got the cute male excited and Tao guessed he could understand him, though he has never been obsessed with something as trivial as a boy band.

‘Do you get it? I will be able to touch Chanyeol’s flawless face. And make it even more flawless.’ Baekhyun swooned while holding the taller man’s arm for support.

Because yes, someone as tremendously fabulous as Baekhyun supposed to have an equally fabulous job, so he was a make-up artist. Since he graduated high school two years ago, the man decided to not pursue a college degree but to focus on his passion, make-up, and just take a course that allowed him to practice as well as learn. Now he was working at a pretty good shop in the domain and he was generally asked to serve as make-up artist for weddings and society parties. Surely, doing the Exo job will mean something for his career and well as for his heart.

‘Yeah, sure.’ Tao acknowledged with a small smile. ‘You did well beef-ge.’ and patted the older man’s hair as one would pet a puppy.

Baekhyun swatted his hand away and pouted playfully, crossing his arms and saying that his younger best friend should be a little more excited for him. Tao indulged him and did a small mock happy dance, making his older friend even more offended. He’ll get over it, after all, he’s going to meet his idols.


 

 

‘No, I won’t come with you just because Luhan can’t make it!’ Tao countered.

‘Butttt~ please. I don’t wanna be aloneeee~’ Baekhyun bawled at the other end of the line.

The younger man rolled his eyes and shoved some fries in his mouth. Soggy. Damn cafeteria food, it was absolutely horrifying. He grimaced. It probably looked pretty damn bad since his friend and colleague, Yixing offered him some of his chips. Bless his unicorn soul.

‘Basically you are not alone.’ The younger informed him. ‘You have all your loves with you. And besides you can ask Minseok or Yifan.’

‘Minseok is with Luhan, celebrating their whatever anniversary and I don’t know…Yifan…really no.’ The Korean man whined. ‘Please Tao. I will buy you lunch an entire week.’

Yixing chuckled next to him, sensing the fact that his younger friend’s defenses were slipping away in favor of Baekhyun’s cute begging, and Tao shot him a dirty look, but the kind hearted male didn’t seem fazed.

Really, Baekhyun was lucky he was so cute, since he had the tendency of being more than just a little bit annoying and demanding.

‘Ok.’ Tao agreed. ‘I will come with you. But I get Orangina with my lunch.’

‘Deal.’  He could basically hear the grin in Bakehyun’s voice.

The Chinese male tried to convince himself he only did for the good food and not because he cared a hell lot for his very much obsessed friend. He didn’t actually believe himself.

 


 

To say that Tao expected something just a tad bit flashier was an understatement. Weren’t this shows supposed to have those light-bulbs-on-the-edges of the mirrors and comfortable chair and the finest types of make-up products?

Apparently that was just in the young man’s mind. The make-up cabin where Baekhyun has taken them in and proceeded to get out all his brushed and blushes and however those were called. Tao liked to consider himself a pretty manly guy, and didn’t exactly knew much about such things, though he appreciated when his older friend decided that he needed a bit of fabulousness on his face.

Tao started playing Minion Rush (come on those things are just adorable) when Beakhyun called him.

‘Please bring hyung some juice from the vending machine down the hall. Pretty please.’

And those are the puppy eyes. Why, gods, why? He just couldn’t say no to this look even if he tried.

He sighed.  ‘Fine, gimmie some cash though, ge.’

Baekhyun gave the younger man some cash and some more instructions about where the vending machine was placed and returned at his preparing from when Exo will actually show up. Damn stars, they didn’t know how to be on time.

Tao didn’t have any difficulty in finding said vending machine. He placed the money in the slot and pushed the buttons for his selected juice. And of course, it had to get stuck.

The brunette man cursed under his breath and kicked the machine with his foot but with no avail, the damn can wasn’t bulging. ‘Damn it!’ he muttered.

‘Kick in on the side, it generally works like that.’ A smooth voice came from close to him.

‘Gee, thanks man.’ Tao thanked the man and turned to look at him. Pretty tall and slim, wearing dark clothes, a cap that covered his eyes and a barely there smile. 

    

A/N So this is the first chapter. Not yet the meeting, but I had to place some things around...we'll get there soon enough. Anyway, I do hope you liked it and if you did please do drop by with a comment, a subscribe or an upvote. Second chapter in two days or so. Thank you~! (*^▽^*)