Some time away

Make it through

 / Your pov /

 I honestly didn't know how I felt exactly at that moment. Hurt because my boyfriend was kissing another girl; betrayed because I would never do a thing like this; pathetic because it looked as if our relationship was nothing but one big lie. Quickly, I turned around before they could see that I was there but unfortunately the tears that were about to fall from my eyes blurred my sign so I ran into a wall and a loud knock could be heard.

 "Who's there?" Jay's voice was a little bit louder than usual. He usually sounded like that when he was either very suprised in an unpleasant way or very excited about something. I prayed that it was the 1st. 

 I managed to hide behind the nearest corner so that he couldn't see me. He took a few steps outside and probably have looked around for a bit but walked in the studio once he gave up. I took the chance and ran outside the building so quick as if that could make me run out of what has just happened as well. I was feeling too many emotions at once and they didn't let the fear in. I didn't even notice when I got back home but I took off my clothes as quickly as I could, put on Jay's T-shirt I was using as a pyjamas and got in bed. 

 I layed in there for god knows how long when I suddenly heard a door opening and it didn't take long until Jay had a shower, got ready for bed and snuggled up beside me. I wasn't in the mood for any interactions with him at that moment but I knew his arms around me would help me fall asleep. Just as I was thinking so, I felt his strong arm snake around me and pull me close to him. My back was connected with his chest and I could feel it raise steadly according to his breathing. Withing a few minutes, his face was burried in my neck and his hand rested on my upper stomach. I interwined my fingers with his and fell asleep, listening to his heartbeat.

 "He cheated on you", I thought, "He was kissing another girl. Behind your back." the problem here was, why did I give in into his embrace so easily?


 Jay felt the sun rays tickling his eyes as he squinted, not opening them fully. He stretched his arms sideways and touched the spot next to him, expecting to find his girlfriend but there was nothing.

 "Where is she? It's Saturday morning, she can't be at school. Maybe she's out for an early morning workout? No, she usually does that in the evening. Shopping? Urgent work?" lost in thoughts, Jay still couldn't manage to open his eyes fully due to the small amount of sleep he's got. But as the guiltiness took over him, he quickly sat in bed and looked around.

 Little did he know that just a few hours ago, you packed almost all of your stuff and left for your old apartment. It took you a lot to make that step but you knew yourself and being mad at Jay for long period of time was impossible with him around you.

"Just for a couple of weeks," you comforted yourself, "time will tell if we'll stay together or not but that way is better for both of us."

 Jay looked around and noticed that something was wrong, very wrong indeed. Your stuff weren't where they were supposed to be, none of your belongings could be noticed. The cupboard, as well as the nightstand were empty and your clothes couldn't be seen on the chair next to the door where you would usually leave them before going to bed. He finally managed to get out of bed and immediatelly dialed your phone number.

 "Yes?" you picked up right after the first busy tone.

 "Baby, where are you?"

 "We need some time away from each other Jay, you know it too."

 "What? Tell me what's going on? Are you okay? Is everything fine?"

 "I'm not okay and nothing is fine, Jay. And I think I am the one who's supposed to ask YOU what's going on"

 "Look, I don't think you understand how confused I am right now. I just woke up, with you nowhere to be seen and now all of what you're saying... can we please meet up somewhere so we can talk it through?"

 "Jay.... I told you we need some time off for now. Please don't call me or try to find me.... I'm going to contact you when I settle everything down." you said and hung up before he could protest or say anything else.

 In that moment Jay thanked god that you weren't anywhere around him as he wiped a tear right before it even fell of his eye. And he has never cried for a girl before. Never.