Unexpected

Make it through

 It was another evening Jay was spending in the recording studio. He was just finishing when he suddenly heard a door opening.

 "Who can it be at this late hour" he thought to himself but didn't bother to check what was happening. He brought back all of his attention to the computer screen when he heard someone walking into the room. 

 "I have few more things to do and I'm all done here" Jay stated, his eyes not moving an inch, as he considered that the cleaning lady must have come to clean the studio before she would leave too.

 "Oh, I'm sorry. I was told that there was nobody here so I could use the studio" an unknown female voice said which caught Jay off guard. He quickly looked at the direction from where it was coming and his eyes widened at the sight of the beautiful girl which has just entered the room. She had long blonde hair and a wide smile spread across her face. 

“Ah hello. Yeah, yeah, I‘m just finishing up some stuff here and I‘m done.“ Jay nodded, meaning to ask what she was doing there but thought it was going to be a bit rude so he left the question hanging, leaving it to her to answer.

“Am I interrupting you? Mind if I take a look at your work?“ the beautiful girl made a few steps and stood up right next to Jay. She leaned down so she could look at the screen and their shoulders was slightly touching.

“ Nothing impressive, really.“ Jay shyly stated and turned off his computer. “I think I‘m gonna head home now, you can use the studio if you like.“

“ Jay Park, right?“ she looked him in the eyes as she grabbed his forearm when Jay was about to walk away. He looked her with eyes full of confusion.

“Yeah. And you are?“

“ Lin. Call me Lin.“ the girl smiled. “ We used to go to the same high school, don‘t you remember?“

“ Lin?“, Jay rubbed his forehead, “ No, I‘m sorry. But nice to meet you, I really need to go home cause my girlfriend is waiting for me.“

“ Girlfriend? “ she emphased and Jay could swear he heard her voice twitching, “ Alright, I better stop prolonging this then. Have a good night, Jay ! Nice to meet you and I hope I‘ll see you around.“

 Just when he was about to walk away his face was suddenly pulled and the next thing he knew, their lips were connected in a kiss.

/ Your pov /

 * 1 hour earlier *

I kept on walking in circles around the apartment Jay and I had been sharing for the past few months and as the time passed by, I only became more worried. 

“ 1 am“ I thought, “He was supposed to be here hours ago, why is he taking so long to come home?“
At any normal situations I wouldn‘t be that worried about him because him coming home late wasn't anything new. Dating an idol had never been an easy thing but I got used to it. Canceling dates, forgetting important events and not getting to see him for more than 5 minutes once a day were only few of the things I had to be fine with for the sake of our relationship. But it was getting out of hand and I honestly felt as if I would go insane if only I kept being at that empty apartment. Without much hesitation I put on a hoodie, took my headphones and headed to the studio where Jay was supposed to be. 

 I couldn't bring myself to listen to any music while I was on my way for there. My mind was occupied with other things and it felt as if it was going to explode anytime soon. I felt the soft breeze blow in my face as I slowed down my pace a bit. It was so calm outside and even though it was so late at night, I wasn't scared at all. The thing was, even though the studio and the apartment were away from each other, our neighbourhood wasn't a dangerous place at all. You see, it would be wrong to call it "our apartment" since we didn't buy it together but somehow it fell as if it was. We didn't have much time to see each other on daily basis so Jay decided it would be the best if we just started living together and since it would've been impossible for us both to live in my small flat, I packed the most of my important stuff and moved in Jay's apartment. I still used my old accomodation at times, when for example classes ended late and I was too tired to bother to get to our flat so I'd just stay there.

 The fresh air was so nice that I didn't even notice when I got to the studio. The lights were still on which meant that Jay was still working. Surprisingly, there was another car parked right next to his. At first I thought I should just wait for him outside since I didn't want to be a burden but then again, this has happened before and I was always scolded by him so I decided to walk in. And the moment I got upstairs and walked into the studio it was when I regretted every single thing I've done tonight.

 Jay was just standing there, kissing another girl.