Chapter 4

You're My Destiny

“Ready, ok, 1, 2, down, up!”

I pulled my body up with my hands from my high-V before waiting for the height and tucking myself into a ball. I completed a full forward roll before landing into the cradle consisting of Hoya and Dongwoo from the third tier of the pyramid.

“Alright everyone dismount, well done Yuri!” Nana, the captain praised me as I successfully achieved a front-tuck dismount from the pyramid.

It has been a month since I joined the Woollim cheerleading team and my progression had been remarkable, earning myself a spot in the competition team. The inter-varsity cheerleading championships were just weeks away but the handful of juniors who managed to prove themselves the past weeks were chosen to fill the final spots to make up the final twenty. I had to give full credit to my amazing senior bases; Hoya and Dongwoo. The chemistry between the pair was truly amazing; their timing was impeccable, making them the strongest and most stable bases on the team. I was blessed to have been assigned as their flyer and the three of us made up one of the best stunt group. We were once again about to prove ourselves as we moved onto our last practice segment; group stunting.

“Ok babe, let’s do our basket toss first,” Hoya sounded out.

It was after twenty minutes of basket tosses that we decided we needed a water break before practicing our chain segment of teddy bear, full-up scorpion, tick-tock and full-downs.

“You ok babe?” Hoya asked the moment we reached the side of our training mats.

“Yeah, this is all exciting stuff; today’s training has been really fruitful. I finally got the Arabian full. Thanks to you guys of course,” I replied with a wink.

“Aww all we do is toss and catch, you do the hard work in mid-air,” Dongwoo graciously replied.

“Yeah but you guys are the most coordinated bases and you give me so much height,” I retorted back.

“That’s because you’re probably Korea’s lightest flyer you little thing,” Hoya argued.

“But oppas you guys are like…”

The three of us burst out laughing even before I could complete my sentence. Our frequent petty arguments were simply endearing; fighting to prove that the other was the best base or flyer. They made the tough practices so much more enjoyable. Them and my two strong mid-tiers…

“Babe!!!” Lizzy squealed into my ear as she back hugged me with Raina in tow.

Yes these were my two trustable mid-tiers. We were simply fated to be together from day one.

“Join us for dinner later?” Raina asked.

“Yeah! We wanna join too!” Dongwoo interrupted.

“Erm I think our little darling can’t because she needs to have dinner with her husband,” Hoya teased.

Everyone on the team knew about me and Woohyun. I didn’t even have to say anything, Woohyun ‘s actions were proof enough that we shared a special relationship. He would drop by at the end of practice twice a week, greeting me with a peck on the lips and taking me out for dinner. I guess the fact that our engagement was printed in the media with a full page black-and-white photo helped a lot. The merger of the Nam Enterprise and Lee Corporation as a result of a marriage was front-page worthy news.

I stuck out my tongue playfully at Hoya and opened my mouth to deny the fact that I was practically cuffed to my fiancé was interrupted by Dongwoo’s hyperactive motions.

“Look! Speak of the devil! He’s here!” Dongwoo pointed behind me as he jumped up and down.

“Hey baby,” the warm voice greeted followed by the routine peck on the lips.

“Hey Woohyun! We were just asking Yuri out for dinner. Join us?” Lizzy chipped.

“Sure deal. You guys get off in about ten minutes right?”

I nodded in response whilst the rest of them were busy being elated that I could finally join them for dinner. I noticed Nana’s glare from the mats and quickly ushered them back to practice.

My stunt group was able to immediately revert back to their professional cheerleading self as we prepared for our run on the chain. After a few successful executions, we went into our team cool-down as Woohyun sat on the sides waiting for us.

“Alright that’s it for today, good job guys. Next week we will step up training to thrice a week ok? Championships are exactly eight weeks away,” Nana declared the end of training.

I quickly ran over to my fiancé and pounced on him, earning myself a disgusted squeal upon contact with my sweaty body.

“Hey Woohyun,” Nana waved.

I immediately latched myself onto Woohyun, circling my arms around him and putting my full body weight against him.

“Hey Nana, wanna join us for dinner?” Woohyun invited and my grip only increased in strength unconsciously.

“Nah, it’s fine, I’m meeting Sungyeol actually.”

“Alright sure, see you,” and I let go of Woohyun.

“Are you jealous princess?” Woohyun turned his attention to me.

I frowned before grabbing my bag and shouted to my teammates, “let’s go guys! I’m hungry.”


“Baby do you want my prawns? Baby? Oh my gosh are you still ignoring me? Nooooo…” Woohyun started whining to me with his puppy eyes, causing the entire table to crack up.

“Come on babe, forgive him, look at those eyes and lips,” Hoya teased.

I bit my lips to stop myself from laughing but I failed miserable when I caught sight of Woohyun’s fish lips. I leaned over and caught the protruding lower lip between my teeth, causing the whole table to groan at our public display of affections when Woohyun turned it into a rather heated tongue battle.

“Hey! No lovey dovey in our presence!” Dongwoo stood up from his seat across the table and yelped.

“Oh shut up Dongwoo, I saw the both of you grabbing my fiancée’s just now during the group stunt,” Woohyun exclaimed, referring to the teddy bear stunt.

“Nah ah, the only I wanna is this solid one over here,” Hoya defended as he reached over and grabbed a handful of Dongwoo’s .

The whole table erupted yet into another round of laughter at the antics of the gay couple. Dongwoo quietly sat down, red in the face. Putting the discrimination and stereotyping of male cheerleaders aside, the “YaDong” couple was one of the cutest.

“So now that we have made things clear, let me congratulate you guys on the wedding,” Woohyun deviously remarked.

“Oh please prince charming, we’ll be attending the first birthday of your grandchild before Korea decides to legalize gay marriages,” Hoya fought back.

“Who knows? Maybe my princess over here can do something once she gets into the legal world.”

“Oppa, I’m specializing in corporate law,” I rolled my eyes at Woohyun’s ridiculous statement.

“Or maybe your gorgeous course mate can help them then. I bet he’s gay,” Woohyun muttered under his breathe; his jealousy not unnoticed by me.

“Oh! Are you talking about Sungjong that red-head?” Dongwoo chirped.

“Oh yeah, that super pretty one!” Lizzy added in.

“Oh yeah, he is pretty, and I’m quite sure he’s gay too. He seems to be turned off by girls,” Raina commented.

I saw Woohyun’s eyes glittering from the corner of my eyes and decided to step in and defend my friend.

“Now now, Sungjong isn’t gay ok, he’s just a lot prettier than most girls so they don’t appeal to him?”

Hoya simply shrugged his shoulders while the girls nodded in agreement.  Woohyun however was turning green in envy.

“Oppa-ah…” I cooed, nudging him with my elbows gently.

“No go away I hate you, you’re a mean person, go run off with your pretty boy,”Woohyun whined as he squeezed my thigh.

“Hey hey, no bullying our baby ok?” Hoya possessively defended me.

“Yup Yuri is our little baby top flyer, no abusing her,” Raina backed Hoya up as she reached over and cradled me into her arms.

“I will ask Hoya to karate chop you if you hurt her,” Dongwoo threatened.

“Yes Woohyun we need our baby,” Lizzy finished with her input.

I chuckled at their actions at Woohyun started sulking in his corner, intimidated by his rivals.

“Aww baby you know I love you the most,” I assured Woohyun as I pulled him into my embrace and placed a peck on his cheek, earning smiles all around the table.


“You alright honey?” I checked on my fiancé on the drive back after what I had assumed to be a rather traumatizing dinner session for him.

He simply laughed in respond, his raspy voice ringing in my ear.

“I’m great princess, I’m extremely glad by the way, that your friends care so much about you. Now I feel safe leaving you in their hands,” Woohyun replied as his left hand shifted from the steering wheel onto my upper thigh.

“You should come by my practice sometime too babe,” Woohyun advised, as he took his eye off the road for a split second to shoot me a dimpled smile.

I huffed and shrugged my shoulders. ”Yeah I guess I could…”

“What’s wrong?” his hand travelled up and down my thigh.

“I just don’t like your team mates leering at me,” I replied honestly.

Woohyun let out another round of y laughs before poking me in my cheek.

“They’re my friends!”

I continued pouting as Woohyun pulled into the driveway of my dorm. As he killed the engine momentarily and pulled the handbrake, Woohyun removed his seatbelt and turned his body towards me. He reached out for my hands as he placed them on his lap and caressed the top of my hand with his thumb.

“Don’t worry baby, I will protect you with my life.”

And once again I melted at his cheesiness.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvcTS7XIoIyHPziP8LB76

Their future was inked in black and white in the public media but their personal lives were full of colour. 


Author's Note:

Just in case you guys couldn't visualize the cheerleading terms: (OMG WHY IS SO HARD TO FIND CHEER GIFS) Ok I can't find the actual stunts but these are similar:

Front tuck dismount 

tumblr_n0ov1fz9hl1rxz484o1_400.gif

Scorpion

tumblr_mvz7m6b5qc1sjjsvuo1_250.gif

Full down

tumblr_mz32mdSmAf1s8ew1vo1_500.gif

Teddy bear

bae5bf3b94cf867948f9b38f2afb5d56.jpg

Arabian full

cheer animated GIF

Please tell me what you guys think. Comments are much appreciated. And I always reply them :)

Click the subscribe button if you like my story :)

meresa_26, shiningstarr, MsDevilzxc, stupidwon, yeowanginspirit--, _JongupBaby 

Click on the arrow if you think I deserve it :)

sarangsuhoyeowanginspirit--