Chapter 12

You're My Destiny

“Here you go, princess.”

“What’s that?” I slowly unwrapped the plastic bag while eyeing it suspiciously.

“Pancake with strawberries and bananas, rolled up nicely so it you can eat it easily on our romantic walk back.”

“That’s nice,” I murmured, feeling the heat of the freshly baked delicacy spread through my entire body and warming my heart upon the first bite.

“Oh wow, it’s so good oh my god, thank you,” I unintentionally moaned out load, eliciting a delighted chuckle from my male companion.

“I’m glad you’re enjoying it so much,” he answered sweetly topped with his trademark indented dimples.

“I’m sorry, it’s just so good gosh. You should totally be a chef of some sort. Your girlfriend is one lucky girl.”

I noticed his face fall slightly and felt guilty for the outburst of direct compliments, “what’s wrong?”

“Well…I guess this is how it feels like to…cook for your girlfriend…” he trailed off embarrassingly.

Instead of being affected by his outright subtle confession, I remained calm, used to Myungsoo’s gentle advances. I knew he had taken an interest in me but we had also established that it was impossible for us to be more than just friends; I belonged to Woohyun. Myungsoo insisted that it was out of his own good will to shower me with affections and I truly enjoyed his presence, hence maintaining our platonic relationship.

“Wait, prince charming, are you telling me you’ve never cooked for your ex-girlfriends? Don’t you know, the way to a girl’s heart is through her stomach?”

“Firstly, it’s the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach and well…I’ve never had a girlfriend before…”

“What?! You’re kidding me right? I don’t believe this.”

“What? I just haven’t found someone…is it that hard to believe?” Myungsoo timidly argued back.

“As a matter of fact, yes. I do find it hard to believe that someone as hot, rich, smart and sweet as you are cannot find a girlfriend. Haven’t found a girl that caught your eye?”

“I have…but she’s taken.”

The statement from Myungsoo made my heart stop, I knew exactly who he was talking about and I was guilty as charged.

“I’m sorry,” I apologized.

“Hey, not your fault, it’s just too bad isn’t it? That you belong to someone else…I met you too late huh? Guess it’s just not my destiny.”

“Myungsoo…” I was at a loss of words as I peered into pained orbs.

“Hey, if you feel guilty, buy me a milkshake, I’m craving for one.”

I simply giggled and linked my arms around his as we made a detour towards McDonald’s.

I ordered a vanilla milkshake for Myungsoo and handed it over to him with a smile.

“Not getting anything for yourself?”

I shook my head and rubbed my flat stomach mouthing a single word, “diet.”

“Oh come on princess, you only weigh forty kilograms, you’re as light as a feather, why do you still need to go on a diet?”

I scoffed before replying, “I’m not trying to lose weight, I’m just watching my weight; maintaining it.”

“The pain of being a cheerleader…”

“It’s not that bad, I get to eat all I want after championships. I swear I will be stuffing my face non-stop over this summer break.”

“I’ll promise to feed you princess,” Myungsoo made a deal as he took a sip of his milkshake.

“Will you cook for me?” I asked excitedly, just the thought of the dishes he could whip up with his amazing culinary skills made my mouth drool.

“Of course I will princess,” he assured me, with a pat on my head.

“You sure you don’t want any?” Myungsoo asked as he offered his milkshake to me.

“Nope, I’m sure Hoya will non-stop if I put on a single kilogram.”

“That guy’s so gay,” Myungsoo commented as he brought the straw to his lips.

I punched Myungsoo hard on the arm for the remark he had made about one of my closest friends.

“Ah!” Myungsoo yelped as the milkshake tipped and spilled all over the front of his expensive black shirt.

I gasped in horror as I witnessed the disaster unfold in front of my eyes, frantically plucking out the tissues I had in my bag and dabbing the front of his shirt gently in an attempt to clear the mess. However, it wasn’t working, the milkshake was too thick and sticky and it was leaving a stain on his shirt.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry,” I apologized profusely.

“Its fine, I’ll just go back and wash it.”

“My dorm is just two minutes away, come on up, I’ll get it cleaned up.”

“Are you inviting me into your room, princess? You’re moving a little fast aren’t you?” Myungsoo suggestively remarked.

“I’m just helping you to clean your dirty shirt, no dirty thoughts; the other type of dirty.”

Myungsoo merely let out his y addictive chuckle before silently agreeing to my proposal. I was slightly embarrassed letting Myungsoo into my messy one room apartment with clothes strewn around and leftover snacks on the table.

“Erm ignore the mess,” I muttered in humiliation at my exposed untidiness.

Myungsoo brushed it off but did not let me off easily, adding in his teasing again, “does princess need someone to clean up after her?”

“Hey! I only clear my apartment once a week and that’s Saturday, tomorrow. So you’re merely at the wrong place at the wrong time,” I defended myself with a pout.

Myungsoo did not miss the opportunity to run his thumb along my lips again, a habit he had nurtured every time I pouted.

“Shirt off, mister,” I commanded.

“You sure move real fast princess,” Myungsoo replied as he adhered to my instructions, removing his shirt with ease.

I regretted my request after it was issued as I watched with fascination as Myungsoo revealed his toned chest and abs. I was surprised at his muscled body despite the lack of knowledge of him participating in any sporty activities. Myungsoo had a set of firm pectorals with a hint of cleavage running down the centre towards his belly button which was lined with a single trail of light hair. His entire abdominal area was also lined with nicely shaped abs and hip bones which had lines leading down into his lower region covered by his tight black pants with a pink Calvin Klein band decorating it. Myungsoo must have caught my staring as he tried to gain my attention by clearing his throat.

“Seen enough princess?”

“I’m just checking out your pink underwear prince charming, charming really.”

I saw Myungsoo’s cheek grow into a tint matching that of his underwear and smirked to myself at my success in covering up my own embarrassing action.

Myungsoo swiftly tossed his shirt at me and crossed his arms.

“Go clean up in the bathroom, I’ll grab you one of Woohyun’s shirt to wear. You can use the towel hanging on the rack.”

I tossed Myungsoo’s stained shirt into my laundry basket before rummaging through my cupboard to find a shirt of Woohyun’s that would fit him. Woohyun left a couple of comfortable clothes behind for the nights that he stayed over, which became rather frequent. I found a light blue t-shirt which I felt would fit Myungsoo and waited for him to come out from the bathroom.

The sight that met me as Myungsoo walked out of the bathroom blew me away; with water droplets dripping down this topless body and a towel around his neck, Myungsoo never looked ier.

“Here you go,” I commented breathlessly as I walked over to him and handed him the t-shirt.

“Thanks princess,” Myungsoo murmured as he took the clothing from me, never breaking the eye contact.

And that was the sight that greeted Woohyun as he came in through the front door unexpectedly.

“Hey baby, I brought you cupcakes from…” his sentence cut short as his eyes fall onto the pair of us.

Knowing Woohyun’s possessive nature, I immediately tried to diffuse the situation, having a good idea of all the negative thoughts and images that would be running through Woohyun’s mind right now.

“Woohyun…what…Myungsoo…is just…I can explain…Myungsoo,” my anxiety got the best of me and I was sprouting gibberish words, unable to formulate a full sentence.

“Yuri was just giving me a clean shirt because I spilt milkshake all over myself,” Myungsoo helped to complete my sentence as he put on the t-shirt smoothly.

Woohyun remained silent as his glare darted between Myungsoo and me; he was seething with anger by then. I could tell that Woohyun was trying his best to not explode, which did not work out.

“Do I even want to know why the he is with you so late at night?”

“Hey, watch your words Woohyun, I saw Yuri walking home alone and it’s not safe,” Myungsoo defended me.

“Of course not, she let a ert like you enter the room,” Woohyun accused Myungsoo as he grabbed the front of his t-shirt.

Myungsoo remained as cool as ice, “watch your grip Woohyun, it is after all your own t-shirt you’re destroying.”

Not only did the statement fail to make Woohyun loosen his grip, it infuriated him even further. As the staring competition intensified, I knew I had to step in to dissipate the anger of the two men.

“Myungsoo, I think you should leave,” I calmly stated as I placed a hand over Woohyun’s arm.

Myungsoo shot me a worried look, hesitant to leave me behind with Woohyun. But I was confident I was going to be all right, I had full faith that Woohyun loved me as much as I loved him; he wouldn’t harm me. I could explain the situation to Woohyun to make him understand, having Myungsoo in the same room as him would only piss him off further. Finally, Myungsoo mouthed good luck to me before leaving the room.

The atmosphere was tensed and the silence was deafening, only Woohyun’s deep breathing could be heard, a sign that he was still furious.

“Woohyun I…”

*slap*

Tears immediately sprang to my eyes as the echo of the hard slap resonated throughout the room and the searing pain was felt not only on my cheek but also my heart. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvcTS7XIoIyHPziP8LB76

An unintentional tug on the metal handcuffs caused a cut on the wrist.


Author's Note:

Please leave comments, subscribe and upvote <3