Chapter 5- if wishing could bring us together

B.A.P Force (shippers edition)


It was a slow day at the academy. Jongup headed by himself to the student lounge. He was used to going by himself since Yongguk was accepted to train in the elite courses for a team leader rank. He himself was moving up in the bruiser class himself with a few missions under his belt. The lounge was pretty empty after a recent graduation. There were a few student, but there were only two he recognized. Daehyun and Youngjae were relaxing on one of the couches, Youngjae leaning on Daehyun while he had his arm wrapped around his waist. They were almost always together since they confessed; even moving into a dorm room together after Yongguk was moved to the elite trainee dorms. Jongup smiled at the couple, but sighed sadly as he walked to the snack bar. He slumped onto one of the seats, staring blankly at the menu behind the counter.
It wasn't that he wasn't happy for his friends. Youngjae deserved to be happy and he was with Daehyun. But without Yongguk around he was alone more then he used to be. It made him wish Himchan was at the academy with them...with him. After many trips to the medical ward and helping out medic students made it clear Himchan wasn't there. He worried since he hadn't heard from him either. He sighed, thinking back on his friend and how close they were.

"Jongup what are you doing?!" A young Himchan opened his window to an even younger Jongup. The green matoki climbed in from the tree next to it, tumbling in slightly. Himchan knelt to check on his giggling friend. He backed away only slightly once he was sure Jongup was ok. "You really should be more careful Jongup...you're going to give me a heart attack..."
"I'm sorry Himchan, but I wasn't worried. You'd just fix me up like you always do!" He smiled warmly at him. Himchan blushed, thanking his pink fur for hiding it. 
"T-true, but I don't want to have to fix you up...I hate seeing you guys hurt.." His ears drooped slightly and looked down. Jongup frowned. Suddenly he hugged Himchan, making the other's blush worse. 
"I'm sorry..." Himchan sighed; smiling and hugging him back.
"It's ok" Jongup pulled back
slightly; smiling. "So, what brings you over Jonguppie?" Jongup pouted and crossed his arms.
"Best friends need a reason now? Wow himchan." Himchan chuckled at the cute expression.
"No I'm sorry, it's just usually I get some warning..."

"I wanted to surprise you. I haven't seen you around I...I was afraid you forgot about me.." He lowered his head. If there was one thing Himchan knew was that Jongup hated to be alone. Himchan frowned, he didn't mean to not hang out with him. He wanted to but with what was going to happen it hurt. Suddenly he heard sniffling and looked to see Jongup crying. "D-Did I do something wrong? Is that why we don't hang out anymore? Whatever I did I'm sorry." Himchan pulled the sobbing matoki closer, cupping his cheeks to look him in his wide still teary eyes.
"You did nothing wrong...I-I've just been busy dealing with some things here...I wanted to hang out, I really did. But things kept getting in the way...I'd never forget you Jonguppie, you're my best friend. I'm sorry..."He smiled warmly; with tears starting to form in his eyes. Jongup sniffled again before smiling back. 
"I-it's ok Himchan" 
"Better?"
"Yeah." Himchan chuckled before rubbing noses with Jongup. He giggled but didn't make any attempt to stop him.
"Good, now no more tears ok"

"Ok" they stayed like that a minute before realizing just how close they were. Himchan pulled back a bit as both started to blush. 
"S-Sorry."

"It's ok himchan" the two spent the rest of the day hanging out at the house. After a call Jongup was allowed to stay over. The two were on the roof where the two normally hung out if they were staying the night at either house. They were laying back, looking up at the night sky. "Hey Himchan..."
"Hm?" 
"You won't forget me, right?" Himchan looked over to his friend; who was still staring at the sky. "I mean, I know you want to go to the academy to be a medic. I want to go to the academy too but you have a better chance then I
do...I'm just scared you'll forget about me when you go..." Himchan stared at his friend before smiling warmly and taking Jongup's hand. Jongup gasped slightly before looking over at Himchan to see him smiling. 
"Jongup I promise that no matter what happens, no matter where we are I'll never forget you." Jongup smiled back before squeezing Himchan's hand a little. 
"Thanks Himchan..."

Jongup sighed, losing his appetite. He got up from his snack bar seat and headed to his dorm. He dropped down onto his desk chair and rested his head on the desk. He had a single room, no roommate to walk in on him in his depressed state. He blankly tried to work on the assignment for his strategy class. After a good 20 minutes of trying to write he sighed and moved it aside. His mind wasn't on his work, it was on the pink matoki he missed. He glanced over at a picture frame on his desk. He picked it up and brought it closer. It was the group when it was their original five, it was a few weeks before the horrible adventure to the warehouse and himchan moving. It was the last picture they ever took together...

"Youngjae is it set up yet!?" An annoyed younger Yongguk shouted to the tech savvy matoki behind the camera. He had Isi on his shoulders while Himchan and Jongup were on the other side.
"Don't get your ears in a bunch I'm trying to get a good angle." Jongup chuckled at the two before he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned to see Himchan gesturing to the side, which meant he wanted to talk. He followed him while Yongguk and Youngjae continued arguing while Isi just laughed. 

"What's up himchan?"
"Well...I-I want to tell you something..."
"Oh? What is it?"
"Well, I'd like to start by saying that we've been friends for a really long time-"
"Since I was born." 
"Right, anyway we've gotten really close, heck we're best friends..." Himchan shifted nervously, biting his lip.

"Yeah, you ok himchan?" He stiffened, before taking a deep breath. 
"I-I'm fine, look Jongup up what I'm trying to say is I-"
"Himchan! Jongup! Come on, youngjae finally got it right and my legs are gonna fall asleep!" Himchan stiffened. 
"Ok! Come on Himchan!" Jongup turned and ran back to the others. Himchan sighed before going over. Youngjae ran from behind the camera when the timer was set. He stood next to Yongguk and posed while Isi did a pose on Yongguk's shoulders. Himchan stood behind Jongup and hugged him from behind, resting his head on his shoulder.
Just as the camera was about to go off Yongguk's legs gave out and Isi ended up sitting on him and Youngjae started laughing. That was the picture that came out.

Jongup stared at the picture, remembering what happened before the shot. He was trying to figure out what Himchan wanted to say. What would make his best friend so nervous to tell him. After a while it clicked. How close Himchan was to him, how affectionate he would be, how nervous he got when they were close together. It finally hit him. Himchan wanted to tell him he loved him. Tears started to form in Jongup's eyes and started to drop onto the picture. Jongup wouldn't deny that he was in love with Himchan too, but he never had the courage to say it. And when Himchan moved he never got the chance. "Dammit Himchan...why didn't you say it back then...m-maybe it would be different now...maybe you'd be here!" He sobbed, resting his head on the picture. "I wish you were here...I wish you'd come back to me!" 
Meanwhile in a city far off from the academy a familiar pink matoki slammed the door open to his apartment. Slamming the door again he grumbled his way to the bathroom; tossing his bloody shirt on the ground. He leaned over the sink before looking at himself in the mirror. He had fresh gash on his head just over his eye. "Damn ..." Himchan sighed before cleaning it up and putting a bandage on it. He once again had a dragout fight with his boss. Life hadn't been kind to him after he moved and he found himself now stuck killing for a bounty hunter. He tried getting out, he really did...Once he cleaned himself up he dragged himself to his room, flopping onto his bed. He glanced to his nightstand where an unframed worn version of the same picture. He smiled slightly, remembering all the good times he had with them. Then sighed frowning as he remembered what happen up until now. Running into his of a boss, getting tricked into working for her and being threatened to stay with her. He stared at the photo, bring it to him. "I miss you guys..." He focused on him and Jongup, and how happy they looked. "Especially you...I miss you so much Jongup...."His feelings hadn't changed for the green matoki. He still loved him. He brought the picture closer, kissing where Jongup was. "I love you...I wish I got to tell you before everything..." He sighed, thinking of what would happen if he saw them again. How would they react to him now, scratched and bruised up with blood on his hands. "If I see you guys again...I hope you guys'll forgive me for what I've done..." He put the picture down, laying his head back. He put his arm over his eyes, a sob escaping his throat. He wished he could turn back the clock, to before he met that witch Kinz, back to when they were still together. But most of all he wished that he had Jongup back with him...if only wishing could bring them together...little did they know it could...in the worst way.