Chapter 4- Ninja'd your way into my heart

B.A.P Force (shippers edition)

Youngjae flopped his head down onto the snack bar counter. He and Daehyun were back from another mission; the other chatting with Yongguk at another table. The mission was successful; a rebel base and a small foxian fleet reduced to rubble and mangled ships...well except one; but Youngjae had put a request to modify it with Yongguk in their mechanics class. The mission itself wasn't what put the bomber in his current state. It was part of the after mission. 
The Foxian ship that Youngjae snagged was actually a gift. From Daehyun. He told the other he wanted to mess around with the tech and the ninja provided. Now this was fine; since their first mission the two had become fast best friends. It wasn't what Daehyun did, it was what he did. When Daehyun jumped out of the ship when he presented it he hugged him. He HUGGED him. And he wasn't talking about a friendly hug he went the giggling giddy GIRLFRIEND hug route. The other had just laughed it off, passing it off as Youngjae's nerd showing again. He was never so glad that Daehyun could be oblivious at times. The crush that Youngjae hoped would go away had instead grown to where he could say he was in love with the ninja. And he hated it. 
Now his hatred had nothing to do with Daehyun. He found over time he couldn't hate Daehyun. He made him smile and laugh when he needed it. He had his back during missions and pranked the hell out of the school with him. He was someone to talk to when Jongup and Yongguk weren't around. It wasn't hard to see how his feelings grew for the ninja as he fondly called him. But it was his feelings that he hated. Because he fell for his best friend and he had no idea if the other had the same feelings. He sighed, face still to the counter. Jongup took notice of the sullen bomber and went over, sitting next to him. He poked his shoulder; earning a very pathetic sounding groan before the bomber faced him. "Is something wrong Jae? You'd be joking around with Daehyun by now."
"I'm fine Jongup...really"
"You don't look fine, you look like me after advanced combat." He turned his head away from him; whining a bit. "It's about you loving Daehyun isn't it." His ears shot up as he turned wide eyed at him. How did he always know. "Have you talked to him about it?"
"No..."
"Why not?" Youngjae let out an annoyed sigh as he gave the bruiser a look.
"I can't just go "hey Daehyun, I know we're already best friends but I want you to know I'm in love with you too""
"Why not?"
"I'm not as blunt as you Jongup...I don't even know if he feels the same..." Jongup blinked confused.
"...he stole an enemy ship for you, not many people do that just friends. Just try Youngjae, it might help you."
"Fine...I'll try later" Jongup smiled, patting him on the back
"Good luck Jae."
"I'll need it..."
While the two were talking; and thankfully unheard by them, Daehyun seemed distracted from his conversation with Yongguk. He glanced over to the bomber, soon staring. Yongguk took notice and tried to get his attention. "So, you got Youngjae a ship?"Daehyun was snapped out of his daze. 
"Huh?"
"You hijacked a foxian ship and gave it to youngjae?"
"Oh, y-yeah I did.."
"Because...?"
"He asked for it." Yongguk gave the ninja a look. "What?"
"I've been friends with Youngjae longer and I would've said no...this have anything to do with you being in-" Yongguk was cut off by Daehyun covering his mouth with his hand.
"Don't say it...!" Yongguk gave an unamused look and Daehyun quickly retracted his hand and sat back down. He sighed. "Sorry..."
"It's fine...you still haven't told him I gather?" 
"How, I mean we've been friends yeah but how do I tell him that I'm now in love with him..."
"Just, try talking to him alone. You've really got nothing to lose."
"Easy for you to say..." 
Later in the week the two were alone in one of the practice rooms. Daehyun had been helping Youngjae with hand to hand combat. They were taking a break, leaning against one of the mirrors next to each other. Youngjae chugged his water bottle. Daehyun chuckled, wiping the sweat off his brow. "You're getting better Jae, you been practicing?"
"Didn't we just spar?"
"I meant other then we spar."
"Yeah, I've been practicing with Yongguk...because practicing with Jongup is a death wish." Daehyun chuckled.
"Yeah, never spar with a bruiser" there was a silence for awhile as the two caught their breath. Youngjae glanced over at Daehyun and sighed. It was now or never.  He turned to face the ninja and took a deep breath.
"Daehyun; there's something I need to talk to you about..." Daehyun perked up, turning to the bomber with a curious look.
"Sure thing buddy, what's up?"
"W-well...we've been working together awhile...we make a pretty good team"
"Uh huh..."
"And we've gotten pretty close as friends; I'd even call you my best friend over Jongup and Yongguk..."
"Wow..."
"Y-yeah, a-and well...I was thinking...well I um...that is...I..dammit..."
"Jae what are you getting a-" Before Daehyun ask Youngjae grabbed his collar and pulled him forward; catching the ninja in a kiss. Daehyun's eyes shot wide, he was too stunned to do anything. When Youngjae pulled away both were out of breath. Youngjae realized what he just did and let go of Daehyun's collar. "J-Jae...?"
"I...I'm sorry!" Youngjae bolted out of the practice room. It took a few minutes for Daehyun to process what just happened. When he did he bolted right after Youngjae.
"Jae wait up!"
Youngjae burst into his dorm; thankful that Yongguk was in class and slammed the door. He slid down the door, banging his head against it. "Dammit...I'm so stupid...I kissed him! I was just trying to talk and I kissed him!" Tears started to form in his eyes. "I screwed up...I probably scared him, be the hates me now..." He curled up into a ball, sobbing a bit. He stopped at a knocking. He wiped his eyes and got up to answer; expecting Yongguk. "You forget something Yong-" he opened the door instead to Daehyun. He tried to shut it but Daehyun stuck his foot in the door. He managed to get in the room.
"Jae please, we need to talk." Youngjae sighed, stepping aside so he could better get in. He sat on his bed while Daehyun sat across from him at his desk. "Ok Jae wh-"
"I'm sorry! I don't know what came over me in the training room so can we-"
"Why did you run away?" Youngjae looked at the ninja; surprised by his friend's concerned expression. He sighed.
"I-I was afraid of what you were going to do...I-I mean I pretty much kissed you out of nowhere..."
"I'll admit I was surprised" he chuckled, trying to lighten the mood just a little bit. "W-why did you kiss me...?"
"Well...I-I kept getting stuck on what I was trying to say and..."
"W-were you trying to say you...love me?" Youngjae stiffened but sighed.
"Y-yeah...I-I was but the words just didn't want to come out...I-I'd understand if you don't feel the same...but c-can you tell me at least...a respone please."
"So...you want to know my response to you kissing and confessing to me?" Youngjae nodded; closing his eyes and bracing for rejection. Instead; he felt his head being tilted up. He opened his eyes to see Daehyun smiling at him. "Well, here it is." He leaned in and gently kissed the stunned bomber. After getting the shock Youngjae kissed back, wrapping his arms around Daehyun as he sat next to him. After awhile they broke for air; panting slightly. "W-wow..."
"Y-yeah...w-wow...s-so that means that..."
"Y-yeah...I feel the same" he smiled at the bomber, who had tears starting to form in his eyes. "Hey hey, don't cry" he started to wipe his eyes.
"I-I'm sorry, I-I'm just really happy...I was afraid you would hate me..."
"How could I hate you...even if I wasn't in love with you I wouldn't hate you...you're still my best friend...it's just a little more now" he smiled, holding Youngjae close and nuzzling the top of his head. "Right?" Youngjae nuzzled close, smiling at the- no his ninja.
"Right." Daehyun smiled back, kissing the top of youngjae's head making the younger giggle. Later Yongguk returned to the dorm to see both of them, asleep on Youngjae's bed. He smiled and chuckled before quietly putting a blanket over the two before going to his desk to study for his elite leader exam. Daehyun stirred a bit, waking up slightly. He stiffened a bit when he saw Yongguk. The elder chuckled. 
"Relax Daehyun, you'll wake up Jae." Daehyun looked down to see Youngjae still asleep and holding him. "I see you told him" Yongguk smiled at the ninja. Daehyun blinked before whispering.
"You knew didn't you?" Yongguk nodded
"Jongup told me, I wanted you to find out on your own." Daehyun blinked and sighed; trying to slip out. "You don't have to leave. It's ok for you to stay here. Besides, it would hurt Jae to wake up to you being gone." He had a point, and the last thing he wanted to do was to hurt his bomber. He laid back down, cuddling close to Youngjae. He closed his eyes and fell back asleep."Night you two." Yongguk smiled before turning back to his studying, leaving the two new lovebirds to their dreams.