Chapter 3- Mission Possible

B.A.P Force (shippers edition)

The location of the mission was far, so the trip would be long. The two students sat in awkward silence; both in student armor without their helmets on. Daehyun leaned against the window facing away from Youngjae. Youngjae sighed, glancing at him mission partner. The silence was getting to him so he tried to start a conversation. "So..." The grey matoki gave a sideways glance as he started to talk. "How long have you been in the academy?" He gave a sheepish grin then sighed. "Sorry just trying to break the silence." He looked away from the other when he heard a chuckle. He turned back to see Daehyun facing him now.
"It's alright, my last partners didn't even try talking to me. You're just full of firsts aren't you." He gave a playful smirk. Youngjae blushed slightly and looked away. The grey matoki laughed as Youngjae glanced back. "I've been in this school a few years, stealth classes a year. You?"
"Two years and just started in the explosives classes"
"So this is your first mission...must be pretty good to get a mission normally given to experienced students." Youngjae chuckled. 
"Don't let the markings fool ya, I'm smarter then I look."
"Never said you weren't...but I see why some idiot would think otherwise. Not many matoki have clown-like markings...family markings?"
"Yeah, from my dad's side...but of a curse. Doesn't help I was a prankster when I was younger."
"Academy knock it out of ya?"
"That, and my partners in crime well...Himchan moved and Isi..."
"O-Oh...so you're from that group..."
"Yeah..." The two sat in silence for awhile, this time Daehyun breaking it. 
"I'm sorry..."
"I-it's ok, not many people know..."
"Still..." Daehyun sighed before smiling, deciding on how to change the subject. "How about I be your new partner in crime." Youngjae perked as his usual floppy ears shot up. "What? I didn't get the bad boy title on attitude alone. You hear about the bubble flood in the training room showers?"
"That was you!?"
"Yep, and framed a jackass who was using the newbies for his basics homework."
"Damn..."
"So, how about it? We take the school by pranking storm?" He held his hand out to him; a grin on his face. Youngjae stared at the other matoki. Was this the same guy that wanted to punch him before? Guess Jongup was right about the acting. He smiled; taking his hand and shaking it.
"Deal!" 
"Great!" A light started to flash in the waiting hub they were in. Daehyun's face went serious. "We're here" he put on his helmet; attaching his blades to the belt of his armor. Youngjae followed suit as the transport landed a safe distance from the base. Daehyun slipped silently ahead with youngjae close behind. They ducked behind a wall. Two guards stood at the back entrance they were using to get in. Daehyun nodded towards the guards. Youngjae slowly rolled a small ball like grenade towards the guards. It stopped between the guards and silently emitted a clear mist.  After a few minutes the guards dropped to the ground. They rushed in, silently working their way to the main office facility. Youngjae knocked out the guards there with another small grenade and slipped into the large room with Daehyun covering him. "Hurry up, they won't be out long..." Youngjae nodded, quickly and carefully checking the room for the disk. Daehyun kept guard at the door; glancing outside. He saw shadows getting closer. "Come on Youngjae..." He shot his partner a look before finding the disk in one of the many drawers. Confirming it was the right disk he slipped it into a pouch on his armor and nodded to Daehyun. The two slipped out...only to get spotted by rebels.
"Hey!"
" run!" The two bolted for it; the rebels close behind. They were almost out when they were blocked by other rebels. Daehyun drew one of his blades and took a fighting stance. "You can fight right Jae?" He nodded, switching from his knock out grenades to more volatile explosives. "Good.." Daehyun rushed at the rebels and a fight ensued. There were more rebels but the duo seemed to have the upper hand. That was, until the sniper came out. Daehyun sliced down another rebel when he saw a rebel with a sniper rifle aim for Youngjae, who was distracted by another rebel. "Youngjae!" The bomber turned just as the rebel he was facing fell. His eyes widened when he saw the sniper. He froze on the spot. The sniper pulled the trigger and Youngjae shut his eyes tight. He braced for the shot but it never came. He opened his eyes again to see Daehyun over him and holding him slightly to himself. He stared wide-eyed at his partner; blushing at how close he was. He was snapped out of his stunned state by the other hissing in pain. He looked and saw the other bleeding from a wound on his side. He got up shakily; helping the bomber to his feet before clutching his side. "..."
"D-Dae-" 
"We're out of here!" He rushed ahead, towards the exit. Youngjae shook of the shock and rushed to catch up. They narrowly escaped and made it back to transport. Once the two were inside it took off. Daehyun flopped onto one of the seats; side still bleeding. Youngjae rushed to grab a medi-kit as Daehyun threw his helmet off. "Damn! Guess I'm losing my speed...!" He chuckled as he tried to sit up. "Easy, we don't know how deep it is..."
"It's just a graze wound...I've had worse."
"Still we need to treat that..." He reached into the kit to get something to clean it. "Um...y-you're gonna have to-" he looked back to see him already taking off the top part of the armor and uniform underneath. Youngjae stared a bit, distracted briefly by his suddenly shirtless partner. He wasn't as muscular as his friends but he did have some muscles. But what caught his eyes the most were the scars. He shook it off as he got to cleaning out the wound. The other hissed but remained still. He noticed Youngjae glancing at him while he worked and started to bandage. 
"Saw the scars?"
"Y-Yeah...I-if you're ok with me asking, how-"
"Previous missions...when I was still new to missions I was too headstrong and would screw up...so these are from my screw ups... They've healed up so they don't hurt anymore."
"O-Oh..."
"Take it from a mission vet, they don't get easier..." Youngjae finished up bandaging and helped Daehyun with his uniform. "Thanks, not bad for a non-medic."
"It's nothing Himchan taught me somethings before he moved. He wanted to be a medic."
"Sounds like a cool guy..." Daehyun to face his partner with a smile when he noticed how close the two were. Both looked away; Youngjae moving back a bit.
"S-Sorry..."
"It's ok...really." The rest of the trip was silent, Youngjae taking the disk out as the ship landed. They walked into the mission office. The elite looked up from his paperwork as the two walked in.
"Ah, you two are back, were you successful?" Youngjae handed the elite the disk; which was surprisingly undamaged. "Excellent! A mission success for both of you. So, Daehyun what do you think of your new partner?"
"Can I make a request sir?"
"Oh boy not again...what is it Daehyun?" He sighed; expecting the more experienced student to ask for another new one or just to go solo.
"I'd like to have Youngjae as my set mission partner." Both Youngjae and the elite looked at Daehyun in shock.
"A-are you sure?"
"Very, he's the first partner you've assigned to me that is capable both on and off the battlefield. Aside from solo and future team missions in only want to work with him." The elite shook off the shock and turned to Youngjae; who still looked surprised.
"I-Is that alright with you Youngjae?"
"I-It's alright with me."
"Then it's settled; you two are officially mission partners. I'll fill out the necessary paperwork. You two are free to go." They headed out. Daehyun went ahead towards the lounge with Youngjae following.
"So, our first mission done. Wanna head to the lounge? The snack bar makes the best cheesecake." He looked back at Youngjae who just stared. "What?"
"What do you mean what? One mission with me and you want me as your mission partner?"
"You agreed"
"W-well yeah but why me?" Daehyun walked back to Youngjae; serious look on his face
"I meant what I said in there but it's not just that. My previous partners didn't want anything to do with me, weather it was my attitude or because I wasn't good enough. You're the first newbie to not be scared off by my attitude, the first one to actually want to get to know me. That's why I want you as my mission partner...and hopefully as my friend too." He smiled, but then frowned and sighed. "But...if you don't want to, I can retract my request..it's no big deal, I-I'm used to it real-"
"I never said I didn't want to be your partner" it was Daehyun's turn to be surprised as Youngjae smiled. "And I'd be happy to be your friend." The smile returned to Daehyun's face as he threw an arm around the other's shoulder and started back to the lounge. 
"Great!" 
"There's just one thing, if we're going to be friends you're going to need to get along with my friends. They came before you." Daehyun looked a little uneasy.
"B-but what if they don't like me."
"They already saw through the bad boy deal like it was made of tissue. You'll be fine. They should be at the lounge."
"Alright...if you say so."
At the lounge Jongup was flopped face first onto one of the couches with Yongguk leaning on the back and looking down at the tired bruiser. "Told you those classes wouldn't be easy..."
"Shut up..." He tiredly looked up towards the door seeing Youngjae walk towards them with Daehyun behind. "Hey Youngjae, back from the mission?" 
"How was it?"
"Pretty exciting, and a success."
"Great!" Jongup got up, wincing from sore muscles.
"Yeah, oh guys this is my mission partner. You kinda met him earlier but that was a bad first impression." He stepped aside as Daehyun waved sheepishly at the two.
"Uh...hi."
"Hey, I'm Jongup! New bruiser!" He waved smiling; before flopping again from the pain. "Ugh..." Daehyun chuckled, before coming face to face with Yongguk. He gulped; noting the team leader warrior class uniform. The red matoki looked him over, before giving a reassuring smile to the ninja.
"Relax, you don't have to act the tough guy around us." He held out his hand. "Name's Yongguk, team leader hopeful. I'm sure we'll get along just fine." Daehyun blinked before shaking hands with him.
"Told you they would be ok with you."
"Yeah yeah yeah..." He gave Youngjae a look before smiling.
"Welcome to the gang Daehyun."