Chapter 2- Bad Bunny Boy

B.A.P Force (shippers edition)

Years had passed since that horrible day; and the boys were in the academy. Yongguk and Youngjae had fit in well, both already picking what class they wanted to specialize in. Yongguk had chosen to go onto to a team leader role of a warrior class. Youngjae decided to go more tech, particularly, explosive. Jongup was still undecided, but was leaning more to the bruiser side of the combat lessons. Despite different paths in the academy they remained close. After their classes they met in the lounge to talk, rant or help in the classes they shared. Today was no different as Youngjae and Yongguk waited for Jongup. The younger ran in, slightly out of breath. "Held back after class again Jongup?"
"Who'd you flip out of the classroom this time?" The two chuckled as Jongup pouted. No denying their friend was strong and he sometimes got carried away during combat class. He had actually put a few students into the hospital ward; even the teacher once.
"Very funny guys...I was actually talking to him about joining the bruiser class." He sat in between the two, tossing his bag with theirs.
"Finally picked a specialty!" Yongguk ruffled his hair before patting him on the back. "You'll definitely get in."
"Yeah, teach said I wouldn't even need his recommendation. He gave it anyway though." 
"This is great! We've all got our specialities, we're almost at a guard team already."
"You're right, all we really need now is a...medic..." Jongup's ears drooped while the other two sighed. When it was the five of them, Himchan showed great interest in being a Mato guard medic. He was already like a doctor in their group; always having a first aid kit around when either of them hurt themselves. They had lost contact with him while in the academy and didn't know if he even got in too. Youngjae cleared his throat, trying to lighten the mood. 
"So, you guys ready for mission assignments?"
"That's right! Since we all have a specialty now we're going to get missions!"
"Hope we get missions together."
"It won't be that bad if we get assigned with other students...well except one."
"You talking about that Daehyun guy everyone talks about?"
"They talk about him combat class, he's a stealth specialist student. He's good, but they say his attitude is terrible."
"Heard he made a new teacher cry."
 "I heard one of his mission partners switch specialties so they wouldn't be assigned together again..." 
"He can't be that bad can h-" Youngjae cut off as a grey matoki walked into the lounge. He wore a black mask over his mouth and nose; and wore a stealth uniform. He briefly glanced at the trio before turning towards the snack bar. The trio followed him with their eyes before looking back at each other. "That him?"
"Yeah..." Youngjae's glance was longer then the others; but he shook it off.
"Huh...from what I heard I expected he'd look meaner not..."
"Not what Youngjae?"
"Well...he looks more like a pretty boy" the grey matoki's ears shot straight up while Yongguk and Jongup stared at their friend. Before he could say anything else he was cut off by getting grabbed by his uniform collar. He was face to face with the grey Mato; who's mask was down and mouth twisted.
'What did you call me...?!"Daehyun growled at the boy. Yongguk and Jongup got up; pulling Daehyun off of their friend.  
"I-I'm just saying you don't look the bad boy type...I thought you'd look more tough!"
"Sorry to burst your bubble blondie but-" he got cut off by the man behind the snack bar.
"Hey Daehyun; your order's up!" He glared at the man before turning back to the trio.
"Just keep your comments to yourself blondie..." He turned and left the trio. Jongup and Yongguk glared at him before turning back to Youngjae. 
"You ok Jae?"
"Y-Yeah...I'm fine..." He glanced at Daehyun before shaking his head and looking back at his friends. He was ready to change the subject "So, how're the classes guk?"
Pretty good, decided to take some tech classes." 
"Hey, trying to steal my thunder!"
"No, just the robotics classes sounded interesting" the trio went to chatting, with Youngjae still making glances at Daehyun. He only stopped after the latter left the room. Yongguk was the first to notice. "Alright you were staring at the jerk most of the conversation...what's up?"
"Wh-what do you mean?"
"Were you looking because you want revenge? I can beat him up when we spar if you want?"
"N-No Jongup it's not that"
"Then what?"
"I-I don't know...I just...I don't know why I was staring..."
"Maybe you like him?"youngjae jolted from his slouched state to stare at Jongup wide eyed. "What?" Youngjae chuckled nervously.
"V-Very funny Jongup...like I would like that jerk..."
"Seemed more like an act to me, like what Yongguk used to do in high school." 
"He has a point...probably has a reason for the attitude.."
"Whatever still doesn't mean I like him...I got studying to do, see you later Yongguk" he grabbed his bag and headed back the dorm room he shared with the oldest. He tossed his bag against the bed before he flopped onto it and sighed. "Stupid Jongup...stupid Daehyun...ugh why am I letting him get to me..." He hide his face in his hands as he let out a groan. He dragged his hands down; face betraying what he told Jongup by having a light blush. "Doubt I'll even talk to him again...I'll just get over this stupid crush..." He turned over to get one of his books when there was a knock at the door. He got up to answer it. "Yongguk you forget you key, that's my j-"   Instead of his friend as taller Mato in an elite uniform. "Um..c-can I help you sir?"
"Yoo Youngjae?"
"Yes sir"
"You've been assigned your first mission, come with me to meet mission partner." The Mato turned to leave, Youngjae followed close behind. The elite opened the door to the mission office, and the last person Youngjae wanted was already in the office. Daehyun turned towards the door and scowled.
"I have to work with him...?"
"I see you two know each other, that makes this easier."
"Hello again  Daehyu-"
"So what's the mission" he ignored the yellow Mato, wanting to get this over with before it even starts. Youngjae flinched slightly before turning to the elite.
"Right, you two will be assigned to infiltrate and obtain files stolen from one of our weapon providers. The files are currently in a rebel base to be sold to the foxians if we don't get them in time. You two leave immediately. We clear" both saluted, responding in unison.
"Yes sir!" 
"Good, now get yourselves suited up and to your transport in the vehicle bay. Dismissed." They saluted again before heading towards the armory. It was an awkward silence which Youngjae tried to break.
"So...I'm sorry for earlier."Daehyun scoffed.
"Whatever..." He walked ahead of Youngjae until the younger decided to cut in front of him.
"Look, you don't have to like me but we're stuck together on this mission so at least to get along with me so we don't screw this up" Daehyun looked at him, a hint of surprise in his eyes.
"What'd you say your name was?"
"Youngjae..."
"Right, well Youngjae your the first mission partner to stand up to me.." Youngjae braced for probably a punch. "That means you've actually got a backbone. Finally." Youngjae blinked as the other walked around him.
"What?" 
"I was starting to think you were just a weakling nerd like my last partners. We'll get along fine if you just stay out of the way of my blade..." He walked on the the armory ahead of a stunned Youngjae. He shook his head and ran to catch up. "So...what's you're specialty?"
"Explosives."
"Got smoke bombs and knockout grenades?"
"Not on me...armory remember"
"Right, well stock more on those. Any other explosives will give us away..." They continued to discuss a mission plan until they reached the armory, since they were still students they weren't given the customized armor elites wore. Armored up they headed to transport and their first mission.