Chapter eleven!

Homerun to SMT International School

Nayeon was happy, of course, that they were the National Champions, defeating the team that was once seen as the strongest and undefeatable in Korea. However what really bothered her for the following days was whether there was a chance for her to continue Softball without becoming paralyzed. She didn’t see why not, especially when she did so well in the previous game and her hand has been feeling pretty normal, at least to her it is.

 

Nayeon poked at her food as she stared into space, deep in thoughts.

 

 

“Ey!” Soomin poked Nayeon in the arm.

 

“Yes?! What is it? Did you say something?” Nayeon snapped out of it and turned to Soomin, attention now fully on her.

 

“Well, I did. A lot in fact. What’s been going on up there?” Soomin gave Nayeon a teasing push at her temple.

 

“Don’t do that! Any harder and I’m going to become stupid!” Nayeon doesn't really get how Soomin always manages to make her days better.

 

“You have a follow up review with the doctor later in the afternoon right?” Soomin asked casually.

 

“Yupps, why do you ask?”

 

“I can’t go with you later on, today is the, uhm, second anniversary of...my relationship with...so…may I be excused?”

 

“Sure, I’ll do just fine alone. Go and celebrate with your sweetheart then. Enjoy the night!” Nayeon wriggled her eyebrows is a rather suggestive manner and left her seat for class before Soomin got what she meant.

 

Later on at the Hospital:

 

“What the… I don’t see how this is possible Nayeon.” Dr. Lee exclaimed in utter disbelief, eyes glued to the screen, examining the X-Rays once again.

 

“What is it? Is my hand getting worse…?” Nayeon hadn’t told him that she participated in the tournament knowing that he would probably murder her if he knew.

 

“No, it’s the opposite Nayeon. Your hand is recovering so well it’s almost back to normal. How is that even-” his voice trailed off as he checked the folder where there's a sticker indicating the patient's name to check if he took the wrong folder (which was impossible because Dr. Lee never makes mistakes. "Oh please, rest assured because I'm the most experienced doctor in this hospital!", is his everyday mantra. ), and shook his head with widened eyes.

 

“Does that mean that I will be able to play again?” Nayeon asked eagerly and waited gingerly for the answer. She’d been hopeful ever since she heard his words.

“I guess so… for now that is. It’s a miracle, Nayeon. Maybe that’s what people call fate, but you have to promise me that if there is anything wrong you’d have to stop immediately and come back to me.” Dr. Lee waved for her to leave.

 

Nayeon's so ready to start her first official training ever since that incident happened.

 

Back in school:

“Hi Coach!” Nayeon shouted across the field followed with an excited wave to her Coach standing at the other corner of the field helping the rookies with their basics.

 

“Nayeon? Soomin said you weren’t coming for training because you had an appointment with the doctor.” Kris asked when he saw Nayeon approaching them who were doing some batting practice. “And that pair of lovebirds who’ve skipped training just for a date, forced me to lie to coach that they have remedial.” Kris continued, sulking away as he rolled his eyes.

 

“If you and Lisa want to go out on a date next time I’m sure Kyungsoo would cover up for you too don’t you think? Oh and about the appointment, I went and since it was still pretty early I thought I would just… you know, drop by?” Nayeon replied as she picked up a bat from the bat bag hanging on the fence.

 

“HEY WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?” Kris nearly screamed in horror as Nayeon started to swing it, twisting her wrist here and there.

 

“Woah woah relax man! See? It’s nothing.” Nayeon said as she swung a little harder. She was elated. Somehow, her hand didn’t hurt a single bit. It was truly a miracle. She strode towards Xing Tong and the rest of the team who were having a mini water break after finishing the sets coach had given them.

 

“YO babe! You’re back! How’s your hand?” A couple of girls asked about Nayeon’s hand and the guys watched her, not paying too much attention to her.

 

“Xing Tong, toss me a few balls. I want to try batting!” Nayeon requested, rocking back and forth on her heels.

 

“Wait what? Nayeon you can’t…” Xing Tong answered slowly.

 

“Just do it.”

 

Not wanting to upset Nayeon and thinking that Nayeon was smart enough to stop if she sensed something wrong herself, Xing Tong tossed Nayeon a few balls, all of which Nayeon sent flying across the field as usual.

 

“NAYEON STOP IT. DROP THAT BAT! WHY ARE Y'ALL JUST STANDING THERE. , CAN’T YOU GUYS STOP HER?!” Chen came running into the field with a bottle in his hand, bellowing like a maniac. Seems to Nayeon that he had left to refill his water just before she returned from the hospital.

“How can somebody be so bloody cute OMG” Nayeon thought to herself as she imagined Chen all flustered when she is totally fine because she has already recovered fully. Well, almost.

Chen snatched the bat from her and threw it a distance away. “You’re coming with me.” Chen stared at her sternly then pulled her by her left hand down to the basement while the rest of the Hunters and EXO just stared with their mouths agape before Kris broke the awkward silence. “Come on, let's proceed with some situational.”

 

Author's note: Okayy super thankful for having a Beta woohooo she's the best <3 Anywayy i hope the story is progressing wel xD Leave your comments so i can do better!