Iseul

Mermaid's Reality: Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai smirked as a familiar female with the brownest hair and the darkest pair of eyes approached him with a smile. His smirk broadened as his eyes drifted onto the silver tiara sitting on her head, reminding him that she was his and he was hers.

“Your majesty.” She bowed cutely yet elegantly, taking a seat beside him on the throne room.

Kai nodded, “Iseul.” He smiled genuinely.

The girl was petite, a healthy pale and quite taller than most girls, but her height just emphasised her beauty, her mere appearance was astounding but it was only Kai who had eyes for her, and he wondered why no one else in the kingdom did not spare the tiniest glance towards her. Perhaps she was the future queen and already taken?

“What brings my fiancée here today?” Kai keenly gazed towards her, impelled by her presence.

Iseul smiled femininely towards the King, “I just wanted to meet my beloved before the Moon Festival tomorrow night.” She sweetly replied, almost as if she was cooeing to a kid.

Kai nodded, “I see.”

“And I also wanted to see how Chanyeol is.” She added, almost too quickly.

“That servant boy again?” He asked, annoyed and tired by hearing the same name escape her lips.

Iseul nodded frantically, “Oh yes, I would love it if you were to also grant him to me as my personal slave just for today and tomorrow for my short stay here.”

Kai sighed, clearly depressed but eventually he produced an answer that satisfied the future queen, “Sure, I’ll be honoured.”

“Oh thank you sire.” She clapped happily, shifting closer to him and kissing his cheek. Kai reddened and softened. “You’re welcome my beloved.” His gaze sparkled as Iseul ordered a servant to fetch her attires she would wear during the Moon Festival.

Tao witnessed the whole scene with distaste, “Did you see that hyung? How dare she coddles our king like that but it’s that idiot’s fault for sparing his heart to a two-faced -“

“Tao!” Kris growled, struggling to carry a tall pile of boxes consisting of grand decorations for the big event tomorrow. Tao rolled his eyes but came to his brother’s aid, shuffling half the load into his arms, “But did you see our king? He was like ‘Oh Iseul, bare my children while you busy yourself ogling at another man’.”

“Those affairs do not concern us.” Kris reprimanded the latter, “It entirely the king’s business.”

“Yeah but that king happens to be ruling this place. If he stuffs us up with that marriage of his, we’re also in a load of crap. Think of the entire work load being increased?” He shrieked then clucked his tongue, not wanting to think of his already hard work accumulating.

“Let’s just get back to work Tao.” Kris instructed, annoyed.

“Fine.” Tao huffed.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Lay lifted the wet cloth in his hand over the table but Hanbyul stole it from his grasp and rubbed the tables for him. Lay nodded gratefully towards her and headed to the mops and rags, wanting to wipe the floors spotless clean but before he could lay finger on the equipment, Hanbyul interfered, running up and taking the cleaning supplies, “I’ll do it!” She then began to clean the floors.

“But-“

With a sigh, Lay decided to sort out the books on the shelves but Hanbyul raced in front of him, outstretching her arms. “No, no, no. Just take a rest Lay, okay?” She smiled convincingly towards Lay.

Lay placed his hands on his hips, throwing her an are-you-serious look. “Hanbyul, stop it. I know what you’re trying to do.”

“What? Helping my buddy out?” She innocently blinked her grey eyes at the mermen prince.

“You’re trying to make me do nothing because I’m royalty myself.” Lay caught her red-handed. As stupid as it seems, Hanbyul whole-heartedly denied the fact. “No, what are you on about?” She laughed awkwardly, avoiding his gaze.

“Hanbyul?” He grabbed her chin, making her face him. “You don’t need to do this.” A gentle smile washed over his face. “I don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter