Mermen Prince

Mermaid's Reality: Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Lay, the crown prince of the mermen’s swam gently towards Hanbyul. He sat beside her on the sea-weed covered rock and cupped her cheek softly.

He possessed lean muscles, and his eyes were a light shade of brown. His arms were decorated with tight golden bands that fitted him perfectly and near his waist was a spiral-like pattern, a tattoo symbolising his royal status.

Hanbyul hid her tears as she buried her face into Lay’s chest. He was surprised but he eventually wrapped his arms around her trembling body.

From afar, Yoona and Eunji watched in envy as Lay cradled their friend in his embrace. He her hair tenderly and the two girls sighed, leaning against a boulder. “He’s totally got the hots for our friend.”

“Yip.” Yoona agreed.

The two friends hadn’t known why Hanbyul was sad, but they were definitely sure it was caused by a man.

“I’m sorry.” Hanbyul slowly jerked away from Lay and wiped her face. She distanced away from Lay and stifled her sniffles. “Excuse me.” She quickly wagged her tail through the water and stirred towards the surface of the sea. She broke through the water and gasped for air as her tail formed two legs. She tugged on a pink sundress she’d left behind some bushes and treaded slowly to the human palace.

In one of the largest buildings of the palace, a huge crowd gathered there, many mourning and screaming.

Hanbyul gulped as she squeezed pass the crowd and saw the glass coffin.

Her knees buckled and she would’ve feel if a pair of hands didn’t catch her. “Goodness Byul, what are you doing here?” A voice spoke against the crook of her neck. “Lay.” Hanbyul gazed up, her body shaking.

She didn’t want to believe it at first but seeing the scene with her own two eyes, she was shocked. Her former lover had died.

 Lay felt uncomfortable from all the miserable cries of the humans and smoothly hauled Hanbyul into his arms. He carried her back to the shore where his ankles got covered from the salty sea. “Why are you crying?” He whispered, nuzzling his nose against her forehead.

“He died.” She silently mumbled. “He died Lay!” Her voice went higher as she looked frantic up at Lay. “I loved him and I think I still do but now he’s really gone Lay. What do I do? I can’t see him again even though he broke my heart.” She sounded broken. More tears streamed from her eyes and Lay pulled her closer to his chest.

He’d never known that Hanbyul had been in love with a human; nevertheless get her heart cracked by one. He was furious that a human man had caught her heart and just tore it apart but he was sympathetic. He couldn’t imagine the pain she was feeling now.

“Just cry it out.” Lay said.

--

2 centuries later….

“Get off. Get off me!” Hanbyul panted breathlessly as Lay tackled her onto the bed. “Na ah” Lay playfully ran his finger down her legs and tickled her hard. Hanbyul yelped and erupted into another round of violent laughter. She tried to sit up but Lay was much more heavier and pressed her down against her mattress.

Hanbyul’s face was red from all the laughing. She put her arms around her belly as tears rushed from her eyes, “Lay!” She complained while she closed her eyes.

“Ok, fine.” Lay reluctantly stopped tickling and flopped down beside her. He placed his arms behind his head and glanced up to the ceiling filled with glow in the dark stars. He emitted a soft chuckle, “Are you afraid of the dark Byul?”

“No, I just like looking at them in the dark.” She sighed and closed her eyes.

Lay tuned to his side and rested his cheek over his propped up arm. His other hand brushed against her cheek and she stirred under his touch. “Lay? What are you doing?” Hanbyul opened her eyes and turned her head to meet a pair of brown eyes. His eyes were so clear; she could see herself reflecting from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter