Criminals

Mermaid's Reality: Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re awake.” A relieved sigh escaped Lay as he pulled the tired girl into his arms. Hanbyul groaned in pain, “Where are we Lay?” She asked her voice dry and raspy.

“The human’s palace.” He answered warily, knowing how she would react.

Something in Hanbyul quivered in mistrust. She jumped up, fully alert and shook her head frantically. She never wanted to come to this place, ever. She prohibited herself from coming here after his funeral. She promised herself that she’ll never come back here. It reminded her too much of that man. She no longer felt love for him but only bitterness, the aftermath of their lost love.

Lay d her arms and pushed her against the wall, “Byul.” He warned. Hanbyul bit her lips and relaxed her body. She didn’t mean to go ballistic but being here, in his palace was all too much for her. She needed to leave immediately.

“We’ll get out of here as soon as they unlock us from here.” He gestured to the closed door she was sure was heavily secured with numerous locks and chains from the outside.

“Fine.” Hanbyul sighed and leaned against him. Lay played with her hair and curled her loose strands behind her ear. “We’ll get out of here and find another place on the surface to hide.” Though Hanbyul preferred to hide in the underwater kingdom rather than the surface, the danger she would put Lay into was beyond dangerous, so she simply agreed.

Lay perked up when he heard the chains and locks of the door unlock. 2 guards came inside and held out their spears. “Come with us. The king wishes to you both.” Their voices were stoic and strained.

Lay and Hanbyul exchanged glances, with secretive nods they followed the guards to the king. They hoped that whoever ruled the humans would surely let them go but Hanbyul knew that there was a very small, slim chance that would happen.

The castle was big, filled with statues of previous kings. Man hand-painted portraits decorated the golden walls and huge, thick, red curtains draped on the sides of the windows. They passed a few servants of the palace dressed in white robe-like clothing. They shot Hanbyul and Lay wary looks, some even glaring at them in spite.

“Don’t look at them.” Lay whispered.

Hanbyul nodded and they entered through enormous double doors. A strong aura had attracted their attention to the middle of the room where a young man sat on the golden throne; his elbow perched over the arm rest as his eyes narrowed from their arrival.

“Your majesty.” The guards fell to one knee and held their heads down.

The other guards of the palace stationed around the room also held out their long, pointy spears and Lay and Hanbyul had no choice but to follow the action.

“Your majesty. These two are the ones we spoke of. The guards patrolling the premises had encountered them on their daily watch.” One of the guards notified. “And we have some reason to believe that they are working for Lord Baekhyun.”

Gasps resonated through the hall.

The king rose from his throne and Hanbyul could feel the people’s glares heating their heads. “Well I’m glad that you’ve caught these foes. I’ll be sure to graciously torture them in the cell with mine own bare hands.”

Hanbyul froze. That voice was terribly familiar. She lifted her head to take a small glimpse and trembled slightly seeing the man.

“Keep your head down! How dare you take a glance of our highness with your filthy eyes.” A guard raged and pushed her head back down with his foot.

Lay gritted his teeth, “How dare he.” He hissed.

The king raised his brow, “Interesting.” A small smirk appeared on his face.

“It’s okay.” Hanbyul linked their fingers together. Lay squeezed her hand. “I swear I’ll kill him.”

Hanbyul couldn’t hear the rest of what the guards had to hiss at them since her mind was occupied with the disturbing image of the king. He had the same dark eyes and wavy hair, the same tan skin tone and that same look of amusement whenever he was fascinated by something. *He looks a lot like Kai.*

Anger soon boiled in her veins for some unknown reason.

“Send them to the prison.” The king ordered and the two were forced to their feet. “I’ll sort them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter