His Descendent

Mermaid's Reality: Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 years later…

Hanbyul had changed over the years, both mentally and physically. Her hair had grown longer until it sat just at her waist. The tips of her silver hair were now coloured pure white, resembling her mother’s perfectly and her tail still was the same; aqua with pink tips except her fins had developed into gentle ruffle like strings that gracefully twirled in the water when she swayed. Her eyes remained grey and beautiful but the feeling it radiated was different. Years of experience and maturity reflected from those light orbs now.

“Darling, where are you going?” Her father, a masculine man with black hair, blue eyes and a grey tail came towards her.

“Just for a swim.” She smiled, waving her dolphin friend over. She clung onto his fin and her father simply nodded with a grin. “Have fun.”

“I will.” Hanbyul said and tapped the dolphin. The sea creature screeched in delight, before it swam dangerously in the green water. Upwards and higher the animal went before it broke to the surface and laughed. “Goodness!” Hanbyul hissed, clutching tightly to the dolphin’s fin. Once back in the water she reprimanded the mammal, but it just bumped its head lightly on her shoulder, emitting a sly hiccup noise.

Hanbyul rolled her eyes, “I accept your apology.” She mastered a smile that revealed her straight white teeth and the dolphin seemed to laugh graciously, pulling her along the soft current.

Swarms of fishes greeted the two and she waved happily at them. “Mia, go faster.” She instructed with a beam. The dolphin nodded and sped faster through the thick water.

While watching the water bubbles float around her from the impact Mia trudged them along, she heard something she shouldn’t in the deep waters.

A scream of help that belonged to a young, human boy. 

Hanbyul squinted her eyes and perked her ears. When the bubbles and foam cleared from her vision, she could clearly see a small figure sinking slowly in the ocean. “Oh no!” She gasped. The dolphin had noticed it too and swam in frightening speed to the boy. Hanbyul grabbed the boy’s arm and swarm up to the water with him completely limp in her arms.

For a moment, no oxygen came into her system. Staring at the young human reminded her so much of that man who crushed and took her heart. She knew who this boy had to be. He possessed the same wavy, thick black hair and lightly tanned skin as his father.

Despite her battered feelings, Hanbyul wouldn’t allow for the human to die. She held her fingers over his lungs and her fingers traced up his chest where the water had followed her movements and escaped from his mouth. The boy suddenly coughed violently in her arms and started to cry.

Hanbyul had been stunned by his reaction and hugged the little one gently into her embrace, “It’s alright now, you’re safe.” She comforted.

For a moment, it became silent. She felt his small fingers tighten on her arm and she glanced down to meet big, light green eyes that reminded her of something beautiful. “You’re safe.” Hanbyul his hair and the boy nodded slowly, his eyes wide with tears.

“W-Who are you?” He sounded quite cheerful and curious. “Y-you’re a mermaid, aren’t you.” He claimed excitedly, suddenly laughing.

Hanbyul narrowed her brows at the young boy.

“My books are filled with you beautiful creatures.” He looked so amused.

Hanbyul let out a sigh of relief. If the human knew of their existence, they would be screwed. Not even Kai knew of her real identity, and she was glad she hadn’t revealed anything, though she was very close to doing it. Knowing that the humans will not consider the young boy’s statement seriously, she was entirely grateful.

Mia nudged its nose against Hanbyul’s arm and released strange sounds. “Ok.” She nodded and the dolphin disappeared under the water. “That was a dolphin? Did you really talk to it?” His eyes were so lively and enraptured; it reminded Hanbyul so much of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter