Stranger Danger

Cute!

 

tumblr_mwyxztkp2E1r3xllho1_r1_500.gif

ParkChanyeol

 

Lugging four bags of groceries each, Baek and I started the long walk back home. I could tell he was worn out and freezing, but what could we do? The only way to get home was to walk. "Baekhyun, you want me to hold a bag? Those look heavy." I offered. 

He looked up at me and gave me a small smile. "That's okay. You're already carrying a lot. Anyway, it's my fault. I shouldn't have bought so much food."

"If you say so. Hey, you wanna play a game?"

"What game?" He trudged past the snow-coated roads. We weren't in the safest part of the city at the moment. There were worn-down apartment complexes, dark alleys, and everything smelled like cigarette smoke. I wasn't scared, of course not. But just in case, I patted my pocket to make sure my phone was still there. 

"Walk faster." I murmered, increasing my pace. "The game is called 'Would-You-Rather'. I give you two choices, and you have to pick one. "

"Okay. You go first."

"Let's see...Would you rather eat sardines for the rest of your life, or cut off a leg?"

Baekhyun made a face. "Sardines." 

I laughed. "So no more burgers, eh?"

"Well, would you rather cut off a leg?"

"I suppose not. Your turn to ask me a question now."

Just then we heard footsteps approaching, but they soon faded away. We froze. After a few seconds had passed, and we hadn't heard any more sounds excluding those from the rain, I said, "That's okay. Whoever that was, they're gone now." We unfroze, adjusted the bags of groceries, and continued walking. "Keep playing. Your turn to ask."

"Hmmm." He took his time thinking. "Would you rather rule the world, or have unlimited food for life?"

"If I ruled the world, then wouldn't I have unlimited food? I would be king. People would have to feed me whatever I wanted."

"Smart ." He scrunched up his nose. "Your turn."

"Would you rather spend an entire day with me, or eat a bucket of worms?"

Baekhyun punched my arm. "Yah! That's not fair. You made the second option seem less appealing so I'd pick the first one!"

"So which do you choose?"

"Neither. I choose neither. "

"You can't do that! You have to pick one."

"Don't tell me what I can and can't do, Park Chanyeol!" He said jokingly. 

"I paid for all these groceries, my dear Baekhyun, so I think I can do what I want. I am king, remember? So that means I can make you do anything. Because I'm king. And as king, I order you to answer my question. So would you rather spend the day with me, or eat a bucket of worms?"

No response from him. "Baekhyun, you have to answer." 

Silence. I looked to my side. He wasn't there. "Baekhyun?" 

"CHANYEOL!" I heard an ear-splitting scream coming from behind me. 

I dropped the bags I was carrying. "Baekhyun!" I yelled. Where had he gone? I felt a knot form in my stomach. We weren't in the best part of the city either, so I had a reason to be scared. I yelled out his name again. 

Nothing. No response. Only the sound of the hail falling from the storm clouds.

"CHANYEOL, HELP!" I heard his screaming voice again coming from the alley. 

"BAEKHYUN! I'M COMING!" I ran around the corner of the building, and what I saw almost was enough for me to run away screaming. 

Two men held Baekhyun down, and covered his mouth so he couldn't yell. He struggled in their grip but was unable to break free. I could see fear in his eyes, and that was really what had scared me. Baekhyun didn't seem like the kind of guy to be afraid of things. I...I didn't know how to react. Even caught in their strong hold, he managed to let out a muffled scream. 

I willed my legs to move. I ran up to the closest guy to me and kicked him hard in the groin. He doubled over in pain. Then, I kneed his stomach and punched his face. He had fallen over on the ground, and his nose was bleeding. Once I was sure he wouldn't get up again, I looked over to see the second guy lugging an unconcious Baekhyun deeper into the alley. What had he done to Baekhyun? His body had gone limp in the grip of the man, and his face was extremely pale. This guy seemed to be a much bigger problem than the other man.  He was taller than me--and I thought I was pretty tall, but he had to be at least six-five or six-six. Not to mention he was large and burly. His biceps were three times the size of my own, and he had tattoos on his neck peeking up below the collar of his jacket. His face was covered in small scratches and scars. 

One more look at Baekhyun's ghastly-white face, and I didn't even have to think. I picked up a broken wooden crate off the ground and sprinted towards the man. Once I was close enough that I could be sure I wouldn't miss, I flung it at the back of this head. The crate shattered on impact. The guy spun around to face me. My legs suddenly started shaking. Oh God, what was I supposed to do? There was no way I could win a fight against this dude. 

The man dropped Baekhyun at his feet. Baekhyun looked like a little rag doll, and I hated that. He looked so pale, his face was starting to look blue. He had a cut on his forehead that started to bleed. What had they done to him? He can't have just fallen unconcious without a reason. I had to get him to a hospital. Our bags of groceries lay on the frosted sidewalk, completely forgotten, but that wasn't important right now. 

The man kicked Baekhyun aside. I winced. That had to have hurt. Suddenly, I felt enraged. I shouted, "Stop it!"

He grinned. I picked up a rock and threw it. I was aiming at his forehead, but it missed and just barely grazed his ear. It started to bleed. By then, his gruesome smile had long since disappeared. He charged towards me, and using my smaller, thinner body to my advantage, I ducked under his legs and jumped onto his back. I held tightly to his hair and did my best to punch him as hard as I could. He cussed and yelled, but I just hit him harder. 

"What did he do to you?! Why? What did you use on him?!" I shouted. The man just grunted and tried to swing his arms at me. 

Baekhyun let out a small whimper from his position on the floor. 

I jumped off the man's back and picked up a larger rock off the ground and smashed it against his face. He fell on the ground, clutching his jaw. 

It was cold out, but I was sweating hard. While the man was fazed on the dirty ground, I picked up Baekhyun and ran. It didn't matter where I was headed, I just had to get us both the heck out of there. Thinking so, I jogged out of the alley. 

I couldn't help but notice how small Baekhyun seemed in my arms. Tears slipped out from under his closed eyelids. "Jongdae...", he whispered. 

There it was again. Who was Jongdae? 

"Shhh. It's okay. It's okay. I'm here now, Baek. Don't worry. I won't leave." I whispered. 

"Jongdae..." he murmered again. 

He sighed and curled up closer to my chest. I held him tighter as I tried to pull out my cellphone from my coat pocket.

"Hello? Ambulance?"

 

 

 

 

 


Okay. I don't have an excuse this time.

No updates for almost a month. I KNOW I KNOW I'M NOT THE BEST AUTHOR, BUT I SAID I WOULD TRY DIDN'T I??

Anyway, thanks for sticking with me! 

7 upvotes? Thanks to everyone who upvoted! It really does mean a lot to me. 

And thanks to all 36 of you who subscribed!! *blows kisses with tears streaming down face*