Civilized Dinner

Cute!

exo-chanyeol-on-exo-showtime-episode-3.g

ByunBaekhyun

 

"Baek, where are you taking us?" Kyungsoo asked in an exasperated tone.

"I told you. We're going to Chanyeol's house. He invited me over for dinner, but he said you two could come too. Plus, it isn't like you guys have social lives right? Now get in the car, we're gonna be late!"

"Hey!" Kyungsoo protested. "What makes you think we don't have plans? And why can't you go on your date alone? It's not like Jongin and I drag you on our dates."

"It's not a date! You guys are coming because it would be awkward if it's just me, Chanyeol and his roommates. I haven't met them yet. I don't know if you've noticed but I'm not really very good with people, so I'll need you two there as a safety net.  And just because I don't usually associate with others doesn't mean every friend I make is my boyfriend."

"It is if you haven't talked to another guy in six months," mumbled Jongin from the back seat.

"What?" I flipped around to face him from the driver's seat of the car.

"Huh? Oh nothing, nothing. I didn't say anything."

"That's what I thought." I turned back around and started up the car.

"Baekhyun, can I ask you something?" Kyungsoo asked suddenly. "Why is it that you're so comfortable around us but you're scared to get close to everyone else? Is it because of what happened with Jongdae? And why Chanyeol all of a sudden?"

I blinked. "Just...just because. No more questions, we're already late."

Kyungsoo didn't press the topic, but I could tell he noticed how fast I wanted to change the subject. I would NEVER admit this to him, but he was my best friend in the whole world. He and Jongin --though they were two of the most annoying people I knew --were all I really had. And I don't know what made me sure about this, but I knew they wouldn't leave me stranded no matter how big of a I was. Deep down, I know that they understand how much I appreciate them for being there for me. I'm glad Kyungsoo knew when and how I was feeling before I actually told him. It was a big relief that he didn't decide to ask more on the topic. I didn't feel like talking about Jongdae anyway.

 


 

Shutting the car doors, the three of us walked up to the front of Chanyeol's house. Before I rang the doorbell though, I stopped Jongin and Kyungsoo on the porch. "Okay, by now I know you two understand how important this is to me. Please, please you guys don't screw this up! And don't embarrass me in front of everyone."

Jongin laughed. "Us? Embarrass you? Shouldn't it be the other way around?"

"I'm serious!" I whined. "I'm begging you, please be nice."

"But what if these people are complete losers?"

"Jongin!"

"Fine, fine. I'll be nice."

Looking them over one last time and deeming them somewhat presentable, I took a deep breath and pushed the door bell.

Even before my finger had left the button, the door swung open. "Hi Baekhyun! Come in! It's Kyungsoo right? And Jongin? Chanyeol told me about you guys. I'm Luhan! Chanyeol's house buddy." A bouncy brunette greeted us with a big smile and let us in.

"Hi Luhan." I gave him a small smile. "It's nice to meet you. Chanyeol told me about you, too."

Kyungsoo walked right up to him. "Hello Luhan! I'm Kyungsoo, but you know that already. This is--"

Jongin interrupted him. "I'm Jongin. Kyungsoo's boyfriend." He shook Luhan's hand. "Nice to meet you."

"Chanyeol's still in the shower. But I hope Sehun and I can keep you company until he gets out!" Saying so, he led us into the living room. "Sehun! They're here!"

We stepped into the living room, where a tall rainbow-haired guy was lounging on the couch. Seeing us walk in, he stood up to greet us. "So this is the famous Baekhun, huh?" He said with a playful grin. "I don't know what you did, but  Chanyeol won't shut up about you. For the past couple days its always been 'Baekhyun this, Baekhyun that, oh I wonder if Baekhyun likes ddeokbokki, and does he eat--'"

He was interrupted by Luhan. "Sehun!" he whispered sharply. Plastering a smile on his face again, he said, "So while Chanyeol is getting ready, how about we sit down and talk?"

 

 

Yeah. Sit down and "talk", my . When Chanyeol finally came downstairs, he walked in on Sehun and Jongin running around, trying to scribble on eachother's faces with permanent marker, and Kyungsoo and Luhan gossiping about everything there was to talk about. They seemed to hit it off pretty well. I, on the other hand, was the only civilized person there. He walked up right when I was checking myself out in the mirror. How embarrasing. 

Jongin had pulled me away earlier to tell me that he 'approved' of these new friends.

We fit right into their 'family'. Everyone already acted like they knew eachother for years.

I think we'll all get along just fine.

 


 

We all laughed and hung out all night. (The neighbors actually rang the doorbell and said that if we didn't quiet down, they would call the police. Ha. I'd like to see them try.) By midnight, everyone had forgotten that this wasn't a sleepover. Without realizing it, Sehun had fallen asleep on top of Luhan while playing a round of Twister, with his arm slung over Kyungsoo's sleeping face. Jongin's foot lay across Kyung's belly, like a  makeshift pillow. We didn't even have a lot of alchohol, but everyone sure looked like they were drunk.

Chanyeol was passed out on the couch with his head in my lap. I didn't move, afraid of waking him. I smiled. He was cute when he was asleep. His mouth was slightly open, and I just wanted to pinch his cheeks. I gently pushed the hair out of his face and stared at his sleeping face.

Before long, I was asleep too.

 

 

 

 

 


Short update. Very little Baekyeol, I'm sorry! The next chapter will be a lot more exciting don't worry. I've already got it all planned out. Get ready for some action :)

3 upvotes! Seriously? Wow, guys thanks!!

Also, I expected this entire story to be 10 chapters long, but it doesn't look like that. It looks like the whole thing will be around 20ish chapters?

 

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy :*

 

(And have you heard the songs Coffee-Bts and I Like You-Got7 yet? Amazing songs :) You guys should go check them out "