「black day」— available

「reverie」— apply fic idea thread.

BLACK DAY

brief Summary: In Korea, the 14th of April (Black Day) marks the traditional day for single people to get together and eat jajjangmyeon- but what if this was the day that was just the beginning to the end of their single status?

plot: A number of single girls, on black day, find themselves in extraordinary situations that may or may not lead to the end of their single status. Whether they usually spend black day's watching romantic comedies, crying into their pillow or eating a hell of a lot of jajjangmyeon, it's sure that this black day is going to be different- they just don't know it yet. Something happens- and that something has the potential for true love. It's like Cupid is trying extra hard this time to rid the world of singletons. 

Characters: I think the story would work with or without plotlines.
Plotlines you could consider could be;

--The girl who'd just gone through a break-up
--The girl who'd never had a boyfriend or been kissed
--The flirt, female casanova
--The unlucky in love
--The girl who'd been cheated on
--The girl obsessed with her idol

tips + suggestions:
- You wouldn't necessarily need plotlines for this one so applicants could have freedom with it.
- I'd reccomend having a wide range of groups to choose from for love interests to give the stoty diversity.
- Have a larger age range so it can include different kinds of girls or women and different idols.
-Obviously, black day would just be the beginning of the story and the rest would come after that.

 

Additional Comments from HWANSANG

For those that aren't familiar with black day, it's the day for single people to get together and 'celebrate' their single-ness but it's actually kind of depressing since their seem to be sooo many couples in Korea. The upside, it seems, is the good excuse to eat a lot of jajjangmyeon! (black bean noodles) and since black day is next month, thisd idea kind of popped into my head to combat the valentines stories that popped up in february. Haha.

inspiration: it's Black Day next month! orz
GENRE: romance, drama, fluff
Status: available