One Of A Kind

On Rainy Days

On the floor,

You’re moving in a way I can’t ignore...

It’s a week after your first encounter with him that you meet again, this time, on the subway.

It’s raining, pouring, and you’re a little low on money to take a cab so you decide to head back home by subway. You dash to the nearest station in the rain, this time actually trying not to get wet so you don’t bother the other passengers in the subway; because you’re a lonely , not a public menace.

You stand behind the yellow line plastered on the floor and wait for the train to come, earphones plugged, and mind completely astray from reality. 

When you look up from your iPod, content with song you’ve selected, you see him standing on the other side of the gap separating the two of you, the gap where the train tracks are. You’re sure, you’re sure it’s him because he stands out with a bright red umbrella folded in his hands, a cardinal jacket over a plain white t-shirt with matching burgundy sneakers on a day everyone is wearing white; he’s the nuisance blood stain on a perfectly tailored wedding gown.

You watch him stumble and slip on the wet floor and it attracts way too much attention to ignore; why does he stand out so much?

 

I’m in heat,

I caught a glimpse and now I’m at your feet...

When the doors open, revealing him standing in front of the door on the opposite side of the train, you meet eyes with him and he seems to recognize you as his eyes widen and brows arch, “H-Hey, aren’t you—“

“Yeah, taxi” you cut him off as you take a seat and he happily follows you, settling himself down beside you.

 

I can’t escape it,

     There’s nowhere to hide...

You honestly want to get up and move elsewhere, anywhere away from him, but you can imagine the look of disappointment on his face if you leave him because you understand more than anyone, the bitter taste of abandonment; you’re a lonely , not a heartless bastard.

 

I don’t know your name,

     But it’s all the same...

He moves closer to you when someone sits beside him and he makes room for the petite young girl to sit. Why is he getting so close to you as if you actually know each other? He’s just a stranger you happened to meet a week ago in the rain, calling for a taxi, but his gestures...

His gestures make you feel like you know him, like you’re not just a stranger he happened to meet a week ago in the rain, calling for a taxi, but like you’re a friend; like you’re someone who’s not completely a lonely , not anymore.

Because you don’t know his name and he doesn’t know yours, but it doesn’t feel any different than being with a friend; that is if you had one.

 

There’s nothing I can do,

     I gotta get to know you...

“Hey,” you speak up when he looks like he’s about to fall asleep on your shoulder, “If you’re gonna fall asleep on me, then can I at least know your name?”.

He looks up at you and smiles; he smiles.

On a day when everyone is pissed and upset and grumpy and y because of the horrid weather, he smiles.

“I’m Hyunseung, Jang Hyunseung!” he says with his tongue sticking out of the right corner of his mouth and his right hand up, forming a ‘v’ with two fingers, “You?”.

“Yong Junhyung,” you reply with what people say, ‘your obnoxious monotonous voice’, “So can I ask why you’re sticking so close to me?”.

A sad smile graces his face as he tries to hide the fact that the distance between your two bodies is a bit less than two inches by sliding a few centimeters away from you, “I-It’s a habit...”.

“Habit?” you ask, raising one brow and you turn your head slightly so you can see him, “You have a habit of getting attached to people?”.

“I-It’s stupid, I know...” his voice dies out at the last two words and you pity the people around him because he keeps hiding his face away; you can’t deny it, this boy is beyond beautiful.

Maybe it’s envy that’s drilling through your chest because while he easily gets too attached to people too soon, you practically try to hate everyone and find a reason to stay away from them. So the two of you are exact opposites, but his little ‘habit’ somehow makes you happy because people like him... people like him make life easier for people like you.

 

All alone...

“Junhyung-ssi,” he begins, gaze focused on his perfectly shaped finger nails, “Why do you seem like... like a loner?”.

“That’s because I am” you reply, looking the other way so you don’t have to show him your sad eyes.

“B-But why?”

“Because being alone feels better”

“B-But what’s so good about being alone?”

Your eyes widen at his question because you know, you know he’s right; there’s nothing good about being alone.

In all honesty, being alone feels terrible. It makes you feel unloved, unhappy, unsatisfied, unfulfilled, and all else that makes you lack all the most joyous emotions in life, but there’s one guarantee, “It makes me feel safe”.

“But what if you need help?” he throws another question at you, “You won’t feel safe alone then”.

“I don’t need help,” you start, “I don’t have anything or anyone I’m afraid of losing”.

His eyes look into yours with a hint of... pity? You think it’s pity, you do sound pretty pitiful right now, “What about your parents?”.

“I didn’t want to take the heir of the family business, so they left me here to go take care of company branches in Japan”

“Your friends?”

“I don’t have any. They left me”

“...”

“...”

I-I can be your friend!”

Friend? It sounds like the first day of primary school when you’re all still new and desperate to find a friend to play with; ‘I can be your friend!’. No, no you can’t, because you’re just going to leave me like the others.

 

Thought I was doing better on my own...

“Do you realize how you sound like a four year old right now?” you ask, a smirk tugging the corner of your lips up.

“I do, and I’m used to it” he smiles, the look of pity disappearing as his eyes form the shapes of crescent moons, “Everyone needs someone, even if it’s only one person”.

The words are already formed in your head, two simple words that might save you from a life of regret or maybe a life full of it. Two words; ‘I’ll pass’.

But you hesitate, you hesitate and your heart thrashes inside your chest, not knowing which way to go; to accept or reject. Seeing the perky grin on his face doesn’t help either because you can’t deny how nice it’d be to see that smile everyday, hear that voice everyday, feel this heartwarming company everyday.

He’s so welcoming. It’s as if the way he smiles, talks, laughs, everything just makes it seem like he’s carrying a ‘FREE HUGS’ sign wherever he goes.

It would be nice not to be lonely, it would be nice to be cared about; for once you’ll lower your defenses, for once you’ll open the door, for once... for once because it’s him.

 

Then you came,

     And now my life will never be the same...

“Fine” you mumble, thinking he can hardly hear it and you’re relieved because now you just want to take it back.

“Yay!” he yelps, gaining the attention of the other passengers on the train and his bows his head apologetically before looking back at you again, “Can I call you Junnie?”.

Too late.

“We’re friends,” you put down, making some kind of invisible line, border, or limit with your words, “Not lovers”.

He puffs his cheeks and pouts, his bangs bouncing off his forehead, “What’s so bad about petnames?”.

“Can we just... take it slow?”

He tilts his head sideways in a childish manner and grins at you like how a four year old would, “Deal! And since you’re my friend, you’re coming with me after this!”.

“What?!” you retort, pushing your upper body away from him, “Where?!”.

“ICE CREAM!”

 

‘Cause I know that you’re one of a kind...

When you get to his designated stop, he grabs your wrist and pulls you up to your feet, dragging you out of the train with giggles and chuckles echoing through the station.

In a place where everyone is cranky and rude and mean and selfish because of their rush to get elsewhere, he laughs.

He drags you towards the ice cream shop only two blocks away from the subway station and he dashes inside, not wanting the two of you to get too wet under the rain; did he forget he has an umbrella with him?

“Seobie!” he greets when he runs up to the counter with you trailing behind him.

“Seungie-ah!” the short, baby-faced blondie on the other side of the counter welcomes warmly, “New friend?”.

He nods vigorously and tugs on your arm, pulling you closer to the counter, “This is Junhyung!”.

You force a smile and wave politely, not wanting to seem rude or meaner than you already look.

“Jun, this is my friend, Yoseob!”

They’re friends, if it wasn’t anymore obvious, they’re friends. Maybe everyone he usually hangs out with is cute and childish and adorable; looking at Yoseob, he’s a five year old in a nineteen year old’s body.

“So the usual?” Yoseob knowingly asks, already sure he would order what he usually does and he nods once in reply, “What about you... Junhyung?”.

“I’ll just have a coke” you shrug, observing the brightly-lit store with creamy pink and green walls and plush blue carpeting; quite cute.

He turns around to face you and for the umpteenth time today, his smile nearly blinds you, “Thanks for coming with me, Juh-woo-ney~”.

“I thought we agreed to take it slow” you sigh at the sound of your petname.

“Yeah! See! I said it slowly!” he teases, tongue sticking out and head bobbling from left to right.

So on a cold, rainy day when everyone would prefer staying home in front of their TV, wrapped tenderly under a blanket while sipping hot tea, he decides to go out in the rain to eat ice cream.

In a city like this, he surely is one of a kind...

And I can't get you out of my mind...

~*~*~*~*~*~

Preview: You find out that he has a crush on a guy from his university named Jiyong, Kwon Jiyong. He tells you about how they met, how he looks like, how he acts, and how he ironically reminds him a lot about you from appearance to personality. You feel squirmish listening to his stories about his crush and you assume it’s just the unpleasant feeling of eating ice cream on such a cold day; what else could it be?

~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: So... This is kinda longer than the first chapter, right?

So yeah, this song is based on CNBLUE's 'One Of A Kind'.

Cute song! Go listen! ^-^

And to the readers of 'Thorned Rose', if you REALLY don't want me to abandon that beloved fic of mine, PLEASE send me LINKS TO DOOSEOB FLUFF FICS.

PLEASE ;-;

So, that's all I have to say. :3

Hope you like it! :D

Bye-yeom~

Gee out! ♥

Now Playing: One Of A Kind - CNBLUE

Thinking About: How to write DooSeob fluff for 'Thorned Rose' ;___;

Want: INSPIRATION AND A LOAD OF FLUFFY DOOSEOB FICS. D;