Rainy Night

On Rainy Days

Rain in my heart...

The story begins on a rainy day when you stand outside on the sidewalk, exposing yourself to the harsh downpour because you no longer care, you don’t think you ever have.

You don't really have a reason to care nor anything to care about. At the worst, you'll probably just get a cold or a flu and even if it did get worse, who's going to miss you if you pass away? You don't have anyone and no one has you; and that's how you go on with life every day as a bitter individual who refuses to get emotionally attached to another person because just like the others, they'll leave you.

After turning down the heir to the head of their company, your parents leave you.

After telling them you are incapable of helping them anymore, especially financially, your friends leave you.

After being too busy taking care of yourself and neglecting it, even your own childhood pet leaves you.

Because you're a bitter individual who refuses to get emotionally attached to another person, you’re alone and that's how you picture yourself to be even as you grow older; just a lonely .

 

The world without you will be full of darkness...

You stand outside in the rain because you’re waiting for a taxi, more than eager to go home and let your tired body drown in sleep, and that’s when you see a full head of hazel locks standing on the other side of the road, hands shoved into pockets, wearing a saffron sweater and bright yellow sneakers. At first sight you immediately wonder; how can one manage to steal the sunshine from a whole city?.

When the pedestrian traffic light lights up, signaling that it’s now safe for people to cross, he walks down the zebra cross and towards you; body soaked from head to toe.

You didn’t expect him to smile, you didn’t expect him to tuck stray, damp strands of hair behind his ear and look up at you with a smile as bright as his attire with such a fair greeting, “Hi!”. You wonder if people like this still exist because where you live, no one just confidently greets a stranger like that. All you say is either “You got the time?” or “Can you hurry the up?”.

With an eyebrow raised and hands sliding into the pocket of your jeans, you casually nod with the same emotionless tone and the same cold expression, “Hey”.

He only replies with another smile but then looks away, eyes fixed on the cars speeding past the two of you and he holds a hand out to touch the rain, a sour smile curling on his lips as the drops of rain on his palm fall down his forearm. “It’s nice, isn’t it?” he suddenly speaks up; brows furrowed and eyes crinkled.

“What?” you ask a question of your own, watching him glare down at his slim digits, the crystalline liquid threatening to fall from the tips of his fingernails.

“The rain,” he replies; tone much more cheerful now, “Rainy nights are nice”.

You scoff and smirk, followed by the rolling of eyes, “I hate the rain”.

“Then why are you standing in the rain without an umbrella?” he asks; eyes wide with curiosity and lips pursed in questioning, “You might get sick”.

“I don’t care about getting sick” you shrug and sigh, “You shouldn’t care about me either”. You let the silence linger until you become curious yourself, “Why are you standing in the rain without an umbrella?”.

He lets out a huff of breath through his nostrils and you think it might be a laugh of some sort, “I told you, I like the rain”.

His voice sounds sad, sorrowful, fakely sweet. There’s something about the rain, something about the rain that makes him smile but makes him cry, something you dread to know, but want to understand; something better left alone because you don’t plan on seeing him again. Because this time; the sun doesn’t shine as bright as it did before.

 

The reason I can’t see you...

You look down when a taxi finally stops in front of the both of you and he offers for you to take it first, “But you waited longer than I did”.

You shake your head and turn around, facing your back to him, “I-I’ll just walk”.

 

Is because I don’t want to hear you say goodbye...

“O-Okay...” he stutters and somehow you think you can hear him frown, “G-Goodbye then”.

And there it was, the word you dread to hear everyday because no matter how one says it, the word ‘goodbye’ rings as abandonment in your ears. The word ‘goodbye’ means ‘I’m leaving you’ to your mind.

 

I can’t say goodbye...

“Okay” and that’s all you manage to say before you hear the sound of the cab door opening then being slammed shut. You stand there in the rain a bit longer and hold your hand out to let the drops of rain soak your moist skin, “Rainy nights are nice”.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Preview: You’re sure, you’re sure it’s him because he stands out with a bright red umbrella folded in his hands, a cardinal jacket over a plain white t-shirt with matching burgundy sneakers on a day everyone is wearing white; he’s the nuisance blood stain on a perfectly tailored wedding gown.

~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: So, um, yeah. You've been drabbled ^o^

I know the chapter is short and because this is just a neat drabble fic, all chapters will be short since this was supposed to be a oneshot. :)

Um, so this is just a way for me to keep Thorned Rose going on longer because I considered ending it soon, but I pity my readers xD

So there you go, first chapter. ;D

This chapter is named after TVXQ Junsu's Japanese song; 'Rainy Night' and yes, the bolded texts are parts from the song. Hopefully, I can make every chapter based on a certain song, so for this chapter, it's Junsu's 'Rainy Night'.

Enjoy. :3

Bye-yeom~

Gee out! ♥

Now Playing: Rainy Night - TVXQ Xiah Junsu

Thinking About: JUNSEUNG JUNSEUNG JUNSEUNG ♥

Want: JunSeung to just confess their relationship to the public. o;