She

On Rainy Days

Even when I close my eyes, I can see...

     Even when I’m far away, I know...

You regret not exchanging numbers with him the last time you met because for the first time in years; you’re lonely. Yes, you’re usually lonely, but it never seemed to bother you up until now because now, being lonely actually...hurts? 

You lye in bed and close your eyes, hoping that clearing your mind will be easier this way, but no.

When you close your eyes and relax your body, you can see his smile; his smile that burns onto the back of your eyelids.

When you close your eyes and relax your body, you can hear his laughter; his laughter that plays a cheerful ring in your ears.

When you close your eyes and relax your body, you can see him; just him. Him with the pretty smile, innocent eyes, perky laugh, and sunny aura.

You guess this is just because you need a friend, and he’s the only friend you have.

          How beautiful a person she is...

 

The person who is laughing amongst those people...

You see him again when you go out to buy your daily liter of coke because for all these years, coke has always been your best friend. Coke will never leave you because with the money your parents make and transfer to you from Japan, you can always just buy more; but not everything can just be bought with money.

You see him when you’re on your way to the store but get distracted by the familiar sound of his laughter because there alone in the middle of the park; he’s laughing.

When everyone else frowns and groans and whines and pouts when they’re alone, he laughs.

You cautiously walk up to him and tap him gently on the shoulder, “Hyunseung?”

     That angel is my lady...

 

I feel childishly proud,

     My expression becomes like an idiot...

“Junnie!” he squeals at your sudden presence and wraps his arms around you and for now, you think you’ll just let the hug and petname off the hook because you miss his company.

You don’t know what to do with the smaller boy laced around your waist so you settle for an awkward pat on the back, “Y-Yeah... Hi to you too”.

He grins at you for a second but buries his face in your chest right after, “I missed you!”.

You think you feel either pride or happiness overcome yourself because now, nobody can call you ‘the lonely who nobody likes’. Now, you’re ‘the who has one friend that likes him’.

Yeah, at least that’s a bit better...

Maybe it’s a smile that’s threatening to show on your face or maybe it’s a grimace; you look like an idiot, that’s for sure.

“I miss—” just as the four words were about to slip away, you bite your tongue back and resist, “Um, yeah...”.

He pulls away from the hug and grabs you by the wrist like last time, “I was just about to go get ice cream! Wanna come?”.

You hesitate a bit, but to hell with it. Why not? You’re lonely and bored and have nothing to do, might as well spend the day with him, “Sure”.

“Great!” he chirps as he starts running, dragging you behind him like last time, only this time...

He’s holding your hand.

I want to be your last...

 

I don’t want to let go of her hands,

     It feels as if we’ll shatter...

Just like last time, you’re standing in front of the counter with Yoseob on the other side, only this time; you’re holding hands.

“Seungie hyung! Junhyung-ssi!” Yoseob greets and he squeals like he did last time and you still wave awkwardly like last time as well, “Woah... Hyung, holding hands already? I thought you liked Jiyong hyung!”.

Jiyong?

“Junnie doesn’t mind!” he looks back at you and asks hopefully, “... Does he?”.

You don’t mind holding his hand, you really don’t. To be honest, you kind of like it. You think back and realize that this small hand that’s entwined with yours just might be the first hand whose fingers you’ve laced with.

Blame it to your always busy parents who’ve never given a crap about you.

“Um, sure”, and blame it to you and your trying to be careless self that Yoseob probably thinks you’re stupid and have a vocabulary shortage.

He flashes a Cheshire grin at Yoseob and teases, “See?”.

You see Yoseob blush while he asks Hyunseung for his order and to your surprise, it’s not the usual.

“Can I get a double vanilla and fudge sundae?” he says before looking back at you, “So I can share with Jun this time!”.

You try to refuse, but he’s too persistent even for your stubbornness so you give up and just do whatever pleases him.

“Jun?” he asks before the two of you go to get a table.

“Yes?”

“Can you not hold onto my hand so tightly?”

          How delicate of a person she is...

 

I feel childishly proud,

     My expression becomes like an idiot...

The two of you sit on a booth by the window, watching the autumn wind sweep the dry, fallen leaves to scatter across the streets and sidewalks. You take this as a chance to ask him about who Jiyong is.

You find out that he has a crush on a guy from his university named Jiyong, Kwon Jiyong. He tells you about how they met, how he looks like, how he acts, and how he ironically reminds him a lot about you from appearance to personality. You feel squirmish listening to his stories about his crush and you assume it’s just the unpleasant feeling of eating ice cream on such a cold day; what else could it be?

“With all my similarities with that Jiyong guy,” you start, chuckling with the spoon balanced between two fingers, “I’m surprised you haven’t fallen for me yet”.

He chuckles along with you, covering his mouth with the back of his hand before calming down and just casually smiling, “I’m getting there...”.

He’s joking, right?

          Please laugh only with me...

 

She’s very prideful,

     She never cries...

“So this Jiyong guy...” you hesitantly begin while pursing your lips against the back of the spoon, “Does he like you?”.

Your heart sinks when another sad smile crawls up on his lips and you regret even asking, “I don’t think so... I think he likes someone else...”.

“Oh... Does it... Bother you?”

“No, not really” he replies and his expression quickly lights up for a second before the hurt shows in his eyes again, “It just makes me sad when I look at him...”.

          How strong of a person she is...

 

Even at my lame jokes,

     She’s always laughing...

“Don’t be,” you playfully scrunch your face up and nudge his leg underneath the table with your knee, “You’ll start looking like me if you’re sad all the time”.

He giggles and his eyes smile as well, “And what’s so bad about looking like you?”.

“I dunno,” you shrug, averting your gaze down at the bowl of ice cream, “People say I look like the Joker from Batman”.

Again, another giggle, but his smile doesn’t quite reach his eyes this time.

          Although there are times I’m not sure if she’s honestly laughing...

 

You’re my heaven...

“Hey,” you lightly kick his ankle with the tip of your toes, “Don’t be like that”.

“Like what?”

“Like me,” you put the spoon down on a napkin and run your hand through your hair, “I don’t need another me around”.

“Why not?”

You pause for a moment before building up the courage to look straight into his eyes, “I don’t like me”.

You smile back when he smiles at you and this time, he nudges your leg with his knee. “Hey,” he imitates your tone from before, “I like you!”.

He likes me?

       Only one in the world...

 

The more I know you,

     The more I can’t understand you...

“You’re weird” you tease, knocking his forehead lightly with your knuckles.

“Huh? Why?”

“Because you like me”, and this time, it’s you with the sad smile.

“Why wouldn’t I?” he pouts, jabbing your cheek with one finger.

“Because I’m me. I’m Yong Junhyung, the lonely ”

“Well I happen to like Yong Junhyung,” he sticks his tongue out like the time he introduced himself, “And as long as he has me, he’s not a lonely !”.

He likes me as a friend, right?

And at that moment the door bursts open and the wind chimes near the door clash together from the wind outside, playing a pretty melody.

A bleach blonde-haired guy around your age walks in; panting with flushed cheeks and when he spots Hyunseung, he runs towards your booth with a hand pressed against his chest, “Hyunseung-ah!”.

“Jiyong...”

          That person is my lady...

~*~*~*~*~*~

Preview: Today you're alone again because he's on another date; it's been like this for over two months now. You've exchanged phone numbers with him and he still texts you...rarely, but at least he tries. You begin to wonder when you can go on a date, but with your isolating personality and vicious appearance, who would want to go on a date with you?

~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: I guess this chapter was a bit... Fluffy? ^-^

So this fic is based on TVXQ's song from the Keep Your Head Down album, 'She'!

Ignore the fact that the song lyrics make it seem like Junhyung is in love with Hyunseung, IGNORE IT (/)///(\)

I just like the song and some parts really fit Hyunseung in this story ^-^

Speaking of Hyunseung in this story... ISN'T HE JUST THE CUTIEST PATOOTIEST? >.<

And for my 'Thorned Rose' readers...

GUESS WHAT? :D

After writing this chapter, I got inspired to write DooSeob! :'D

I have the plot set up, so now I just need to get the words and sentences and paragraphs and chapter together ^o^

Look forward to a 'Thorned Rose' update very soon~

And since this fic proved to be useful, I'll be using this often :B

Well okay, the A/N is so long >.<

Should end it here~!

Bye-yeom~

Gee out! ♥

Now Playing: She - TVXQ

Thinking About: How to arrange DooSeob fluff for 'Thorned Rose' ^-^

Want: A hug ;___;