Chapter 11: We all need help sometimes

Fading Memories

Chapter 11: We all need help sometimes

 

Hoseok's eyes is wide open, staring at the ceiling above. He can't sleep. no matter how tired he's feeling, he just couldn't sleep. Images of Yoongi going home alone kept on playing in his mind. He glances over at his phone for the nth time. Is he lost? Why isn't he home yet?

His eyes were getting heavier as the drowsiness of the medicine starts to kick in. Just as his eyes were about to shut, his phone vibrates. Hoseok jumps out of his bed, groaning due to the pain on his head but not minding it and picked up his phone.

From: Yoongi

Hey I'm home~

Hoseok smiled and sigh in relief as he reads the short and simple message.

To: Yoongi

That's good. Sleep well ok?

Hoseok placed his phone on the side table and rest his head on the pillow. Just sleep Hoseok. Sleep. He's okay. Yoongi is okay.

 

Everything was going smooth for Yoongi. He showered, ate something light and off to bed. The next day, he don't know if he should go to school. He can remember enough to know that he got lost the last time while on the way to school alone. Ah whatever. It's not that I gain anything from school anyway, Yoongi thought as he chucks his bag at the corner and went to the living room.

Yoongi was channel surfing mindlessly when he started to hear noises of people chattering outside the apartment. He frowns slightly but didn't move from his spot and just stared at the door. The sound of keys falling onto the ground was heard and Yoongi's frown faded when the chatters became clear afterwards.

"Aish Park Jimin I can open the door myself!"

"But you have a lot of things on your hand. Why won't you let me help you..."

"Don't you have school??"

"Yah! Are you chasing me away now?? I accompanied you from the hospital okay"

"Okay okay. Thank you for your kind service. Now can you go to school? You're going to be late."

The door finally opened and Hoseok steps in with a few plastics in hand. He looked around the apartment, ignoring Jimin's constant chattering. Hoseok immediately smiled when his eyes met with Yoongi's in the living room.

"Welcome back," Yoongi said, standing up.

"Thanks. I bought breakfast," Hoseok said, showing the plastic bags.

Jimin cleared his throat. "I'm still here."

"Well you can go now," Hoseok said, patting his shoulder.

"Don't I get breakfast too?" he pouted.

"No because you have class now. I know your timetable really well Park Jimin. Don't you dare give me excuses,"  Hoseok said as Yoongi took the plastic bags from him and placed on the dining table.

"What about Yoongi? Doesn't he have school too?" Jimin pointed like a child.

"He uh.." Hoseok didn't know what to answer but luckily Yoongi replied fast.

"I have afternoon classes. Here, have some," Yoongi walked over and gave Jimin a chocolate muffin. Jimin grinned widely and took the muffin.

"Thank you!! You're so much better than Hoseok," Jimin stuck his tongue out childishly to Hoseok. Hoseok just rolled his eyes.

Yoongi chuckled. "Get going now. You don't want to be late for class," he said, ruffling Jimin's fluffy black hair.

Jimin nodded cutely with a grin plastered to his face. "Yup! Thank you again for this!" Jimin waved at Yoongi as he walks out of the house.

"Thank you for sending Hoseok home," Yoongi smiled and waved back.

"That kid.. I'm the one who bought that!" Hoseok mumbled.

"But I'm the one who gave it to him," Yoongi chuckled. "He's a nice boy."

"Yeah. But annoying too," Hoseok said. "Why are you so nice to him?"

"He brought you back. And like I said, he's a nice boy," Yoongi said. Both of them went to sit at the dining table and started taking out the food that Hoseok bought.

Hoseok just nodded. "Does it hurt a lot?" Yoongi asked, pointing to Hoseok's head that is still wrapped in a bandage.

"A little. But I'll be fine," Hoseok smiled.

 

Weeks passed and Hoseok was already preparing to go for his first final year paper. He fixed his shirt once again and looked at his reflection in the mirror.

"Will you stop delaying already? You're going to be late," Yoongi said.

Hoseok sighed and turned to him. "You sure you don't want to go?" Hoseok asked for as many times as Yoongi could possibly remember.

"Yesss Hoseok. Let's just spare the trouble for the teachers to mark a confirmed zero marks paper okay? Now go~" Yoongi said, pushing Hoseok by the back towards the door.

"Anything call me!" Hoseok added quickly.

"How can I call you pabo-yah. I don't want to disturb your exam," Yoongi said.

"B-but-"

"Fine fine. If it makes you feel better, I'll lock myself up in the room so I won't go anywhere until you come back. Okay?"

"You don't have to do that..." Hoseok mumbled looking down.

"I'll be fineeee. Trust me." With that, Yoongi gave Hoseok a tight warm hug before letting go and shutting the door. The boy wouldn't leave if he don't do that.

The routine repeated for a whole month when the final year exam was going on. Hoseok would ask Yoongi again and again if he was sure he didn't want to at least sit for the paper and Yoongi would reject again and again. Hoseok never got tired of asking. Each day, he still hopes that the answer would be different. It wasn't. Right until the last paper.

"You're going to school today?" Hoseok beams, seeing Yoongi getting ready.

"Yup," he answered simply, while wearing his socks. Hoseok was smiling so wide, Yoongi was scared that his lips might rip. "But not for exam."

Hoseok's smile dropped. "Huh?"

Yoongi looked up at him. "I'm going to submit my withdrawal letter. School is over but they would probably ask me to repeat my 2nd year."

Hoseok kept quiet. Yoongi stood up and walked towards him. "Hoseok-ah, you know I'm withdrawing from school sooner or later right? Besides I'm still here. I'm living with you remember?"

Hoseok pouted and nodded.

Yoongi smiled and tapped Hoseok's cheek lightly. "Now go ace that final paper."

 

"I've found a job."

"That's good! What job?" Dr Kang asked.

"Sending out milk from door to door," Yoongi said, almost inaudible. Dr Kang nodded with a smile.

"That's really good Yoongi. It's a step."

Yoongi scoffed. "But what if I forgot which door I've sent to? What if I even forgot that I have work?"

The doctor thought for awhile. "Do you consider hiring a personal caretaker?"

Yoongi raised an eyebrow. "Doctor, am I really the one with the memory loss or is it the other way round? Even I can remember that I'm not that rich and that's why I have to work. And now you want me to consider hiring a personal caretaker?"

Dr Kang smiled. "I do remember that Yoongi-ssi. There are a few caretakers who are interns and has low wages. Besides, you are still capable of doing your own things so it means your caretaker doesn't have to help you to cook or help you shower. The caretaker is just to be with you to remind of you of the important things you can't remember."

"Is there such caretaker?"

"Yes. You can head down to the nurses level in this hospital and you can apply for a caretaker and check the things on the list what you require of a caretaker," Dr Kang said.

Yoongi nodded slowly, considering the option.

 

"It's a little bit improper for me to ask this, but um.. what's the cheapest wage for a caretaker?" Yoongi speak in a soft voice to the nurse at the receptionist area.

The nurse smiled. "Seeing your application form, there's not much thing for the caretaker to do so that itself makes the wage cheaper than normal. But one of our caretakers is quite flexible in his wage range. Maybe he could go lower that what is required?" the nurse said.

"Oh? Is $10 per day too low?" Yoongi asked.

"Hold on Mr. Min. Let me check for you," the nurse said and went into a room, where he assume are all the nurses were at.

Yoongi drummed his fingers on the receptionist desk and tapped in feet nervously. He was afraid that the next thing he'll hear is a burst of laugher from the room, mocking his request. He swear to himself that if he hears that, he will walk out of the hospital straight away.

The nurse walked out. He didn't hear any laughter as he expected.

"He agrees," the nurse said with a smile. Yoongi smiled but then froze for awhile.

"Wait. He?"

 


Heyyyy~! So there's going to be a new character in this story! Guess who!!! :D

Btw just a warn, I think im going to do OOC at times just to fit with the story. So yeahhh^^

Thank you for your lovely comments. I'm seriously touched by each and everyone of them :') And this fic got nominated! Wooo!
Check out in one of the comments below if you want to see hehehe^^