Come Back Home

Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

There are a lot of weird couples out there. More opposite and incompatible but one thing is for sure, Dara and I . . . we are the weirdest, most incompatible and yet we completely balance each other out. Everything in our relationship is perfect, well, that’s being optimistic. There is a drawback, there are times when she would be gone for a few weeks and all I could do was wait for her. I told her one time that I’d take a vacation leave and come with her even for just a few days but she totally flipped and accused me of not trusting her. It took me a few hours of wooing her again to forgive me. Ever since then, I would just wait for her to come back and hopes that she still would stay with me.

 

 

 

The great revelation of her job is finally out in the open. Really, I don’t understand she even kept it a secret from me. I finally pinned her down and worn her out to the point of exhaustion and gave in. She is an advertising agent and she is always required to attend countless seminars and help out in giving pitches in other countries. That explained volumes to the long periods of absence and extremely expensive gifts, her penchant for loud music and why she was practically beaten before. There was a scuffle in her office because one of her colleagues wasn’t able to finish the report on time and blamed her, thus, a cat fight ensued.

 

 

 

 

Still, here’s another drawback. It seems like its always me who seems to adjust to her moods. Not that I’m complaining, but like any other boyfriend, I also want to be the receiving end of something sweet or surprising, like I dunno, a surprise visit to my workplace so my officemates would believe that I do have a living, breathing, existing girlfriend that she is not a product of my imagination.

 

 

 

We’ve been together for almost 4 months and never celebrated our monthsary or went to a proper date. If she is home from her job, all she wants to do is rest. And I don’t blame her because being in different time zone constantly can be very tiring, but hell, I just want to take her out and make her feel special because she is a special lady that deserves a very special treatment. And I also want to show off that a geeky guy like me could have a boyfriend like her. I do deserve to have bragging rights, right?

 

 

 

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea how relationships work, but in order to fix that, I have made an extensive research (without her knowledge) and made a survey to 50 couples by using random sampling technique and made a one-to-one interview with couples who had already passed the two year mark and my conclusion is, if I play my cards right, in about a year I could ask her to move-in with me and after two or three years, I could ask her to marry me and have a child (hopefully) after two years of marriage. Yep. I already planned everything. I made contingency plans and made a rough draft on how I could make this happen. Sure, the drawback is the her job, but I could always apply to her company. I already applied a few subjects in advertising in Seoul University, so . . . everything is a go.

 

 

 

My friends think I’m crazy and I know I’m crazy, but a future without Dara is not something I want to live in to. Hell, my friends keeps on hedging bets on how long my relationship with Dara would last! They can’t seem to wrap it around their tiny heads that a funny girl with an extremely beautiful face would fall in love with a geeky, awkward bookworm like me.

 

 

 

 

Well, I find it hard to believe either. But hell, do they have to name us, Beauty and the Geek? Seriously, how imaginative and juvenile of them. I have contemplated mass murder and arson with all their ribbings. Well, even her friends are becoming more of a nuisance. CL has been bugging me to have a makeover, Bom is telling me that I should enroll in a self-defense class and Minzy is forcing me to have a taser or a gun with me, at all times.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What the right?

 

 

 

 

Weirdly enough, my friends and her friends have coupled up. But before I tell you anything else, I have to say that birds with the same feathers, flock together. Remember that.

 

 

 

 

 

Choi Seunghyun is an experimental physicist with an IQ of 173 who received his Ph.D. when he was 24 years old. He is extremely evil when he wants to.

 

 

 

 

And though it’s not that obvious I’m a  is a theoretical physicist with an I.Q. of 187, possessing a B.S, a M.S., a M.A. a Ph.D., and a Sc.D.  a child prodigy, starting college at the age of 11, and received my first Ph.D at age 16. I lived with my cousins in Hong Dae but because I can't handle their obnoxiousness after taking up another course I saeved up enough money and moved out. I  applied to Seoul University and immediately got hired.

 

 

 

 

Kang Daesung unlike Top and I has no doctorate but he defends this fact by having a masters in MIT, which is completely fine. He has a bright personality so he is usually the mood maker in the group and he has killer moves in World Craft.

 

 

 

 

Dong Young Bae is a neuroscietist. He has a Ph. D in neurobiology with a research focus on addiction in primates and invertibrates, occasionally his experiments focus on getting monkeys addicted to cigarettes or getting seahorses addicted to . So, obviously, he doesn't even know how to interact properly with humans aside from us. 

 

 

 

Lee Seungri is a microbiologist and is currently working with CERN because of his recent breakthrough in germs found in the belly buttons. I know, weird, but there are germs in the belly button that are unique and can’t be found in another person. If he along with CERN could further prove it right, it could be used as another way in identifying a person.

 

 

 

 

Now, here comes the weird part. If Dara and I are complete opposites and holds the number 1 spot, our group of friends might simply have the next spots themselves.

 

 

 

 

CL and Top hyung, well, let’s just say is a match made in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter