Chapter 2

10 Ways on How To Get The Girl

 

----------------------

>BBBZZZZTTT! BBBZZZZTTT!<

 

I felt my phone vibrate.

 

"Hey Jiyong, can I borrow your Physics book? Forgot mine. Thanks. -Seungri" I read the message then brought my phone back to my pocket. I changed direction and headed towards my locker.

 

I opened my locker and took the book Seungri needs to borrow. It's odd since Seungri doesn't bring anything to school, not even a pen. As I was about to shut it close, a piece of paper fell. I picked it up then read it.

 

"10 Ways on How To Get The Girl." I read out. I was not minding my surroundings when an arm suddenly draped over my shoulders.

 

"Hey Ji!" Seungri greeted, more like shouted.

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked, shrugging his arms off me. "I swear. People are thinking one of us is gay and if anyone asks I wouldn't hesistate to say it's you."

 

"I doubt it." He replied as he laughed and shaked his head. "I asked you for your Physics book, right? Came by to get it."

 

"Since when did you need a book?" I asked.

 

"Since Chaerin asked for it and I need to make a good impression on my girlfriend." He replied.

 

"Where is your girlfriend?" I asked as I threw him the book causing the paper I was holding a while ago to fall.

 

"Cafeteria. She's with her girls." He answered while picking the paper up. "The three girls, I mean. Not the cheer-and-let-us-wear-short-skirts girls."

 

"You really have ways to describe them." I mumbled as I closed my locker.

 

"Dude, what's this?" Seungri questioned as he read the context of the paper to himself. "10 Ways on How To Get The Girl? Damn, this is really for you!"

 

"Shut up, you pabo." I cussed, snatching the paper away from him in the process.

 


"Oh come on! It can't hurt to try and you're with the greatest wingman alive!" He proclaimed as he snatched it back.

 

"Who?" I sarcastically asked.

 

"Me! Ow!" He reacted as I hit him in the head. "What's that for, you ?"

 

"Best wing man? Drown yourself for lying, man."

 

"It won't kill your balls if you try this. Okay, step 1." He said as he read. "Introduce yourself. Make sure to leave a good impression. Wow man, first step and it's already going to be hard for you!"

 

"Shut up! How the hell am I going to to that?" I asked, already annoyed with Seungri.

 

"Don't worry about that! Just follow me."

 

I had no choice. That or I'm just extremely desperate that I'm already accepting Seungri's help. I just hope this won't fail like the last time he told me to put a mentos in my coke, it goddamn exploded. I was suspended for a week! I'm putting a lot of trust on him, psh.

 


We entered the cafeteria and was looking for the girls. They were sitted near football team. I saw how Sandara kept glancing at the other table, sadness filled her eyes. Chanyeol, however, was sitting at the football team's table making out with somebody. We walked over and Seungri took a sit without permission while I just stood there.

 

"Come on, Jiyong! Take a sit." Seungri said, tapping the chair beside him. "Hey girls, this Jiyong. A friend."

 

"Sup Ji? Been so long." Chaerin said, smiling.

 

"You know him, unnie?" A girl with short hair asked.

 

"Ye. He helps Seungri pass his subjects." Chaerin chuckled.

 

"Hey! He doesn't! Much." Seungri interjected.

 

"Come on, Jiyong. Take a sit." Chaerin said, so I did. "Anyway, Ji. These are the girls. The one with short hair and looks like she can't stay still is Minzy."

 

"Hey there!" Minzy greeted then continued playing tap tap on her phone.

 

"The one painting her nails is Bom." Chaerin continued.

 

"What's up?" Bom said then resumed what she's doing.

 

"The one on your right is Dara." Chaerin gestured.

 

"Hey." Dara said, giving me a weak smile.

 

"Hey." I said in return.

 

"Hey guys, I've got to run. Seunghyun is waiting for me and I forgot we were supposed to meet at four." Bom said, standing up.

 

"It's five already, Bom." Seungri said.

 

"Exactly, ciao!" She said then walked away.

 

"I've got to go too, the school has an event coming and the dance team is going to perform." Minzy said then run away.

 

"Yeah, me and Seungri too. We're, uhhh, we're-." Chaerin said, not being able to finish her sentence.

 

"We're gonna be busy." Seungri finished for her.

 

"Sure man, I get you." I answered, grinning widely.

 

"Not funny, Ji." Seungri said.

 

"It's you we are talking about Seungri." I said.

 

"If you think about Seungri, Jiyong is right. It's you." Sandara finally spoke up.

 

"That hurts, D! The time you finally speak and you bully me." Seungri said, fake crying. "Chae! They're bullying me, kiss me so I can have the strength to bully them back!"

 

"Shut up, Seungri. You and your reasons." Chaerin said, rolling her eyes. "Hey Ji, can you walk Dara home? I can trust you with her right?"

 

"No need to do that, Jiyong. I'll be fine." Dara said.

 

"I'll walk you home. We never know what can happen, I can't let guilt eat me alive." I reasoned.

 

"Jiyong's right, Dara. We're going now. Bye!" Seungri said, while walking away.

 

I heard Dara sigh.

 

"Come on, you can walk me home." She complied.

 

We were walking by a park when I heard her sigh again so I stopped walking.

 

"Hey Jiyong. What's wrong?" She asked, confusion evident in her eyes.

 

"Nothing. But can I ask you something?"

 

"Sure, what is it?"

 

"You don't want to go home?" I asked.

 

She turned to me for a while then made her way to the swings in the the park. I walked behind her and made my way to the other swing.

 

"Did I ask the wrong question?" I asked when she didn't talk for some minutes.

 

"You didn't." She said then smiled at me yet I have the feeling her smile is just a cover up. "Did you know that Chanyeol and I broke up?"

 

"Ye, I heard." I admitted, why does my shoes look so amusing right now? That or I'm just really embarrassed.

 

"I figured that much, nosy people walk down our halls." She chuckled with her statement. "We broke up and I don't know why. We've been together for a over a year, I think?" 

 

"Maybe he has his own reasons?" I said, trying to comfort her. I mean, sure I would like to destroy Chanyeol in Dara's eyes but if you see her right now, I just can't do it.

 

"I don't think so. I really don't care about his damn reasons. I just wonder why he moved on too fast." She said.

 

"How can you say that?"

 

"Didn't you notice? He was snogging the face off some girl back at the cafeteria." She said as she rolled her eyes at me.

 

"I really don't care about a lot of things." I said honestly, giving her a timid smile.

 

"I noticed that." She said as she laughed. "I've always been alone, Jiyong. Do you know that? I was so alone and Chayeol is like my life line. He's the thing that keeps me sane, or so I thought."

 

I didn't reply, I don't know what to say really. She just loves Chanyeol, what am i compared to him?

 

"He was there when I don't want to go home. My parents were never home, so I guess you can just call it a house and not a home. They're too busy giving me a bright future that they forgot I need my present bright too."

 

"Parents tend to do that." I said, still not knowing what to say.

 

"I guess, I can't help but want a little attention."

 

"And Chanyeol gave you that?" I guessed.

 

"Yes!" She said, flailing her arms in the air.

 

"He's not the only person there for you Dara." I started and I saw her looking at me, clueless. "Chaerin, Minzy, Bom, and Seungri are there for you. The whole school is probably there for you."

 

"Yeah, they call me Miss Popular and Miss Perfect, it's stupid." She said. "I know they're there but they have lives too. Aren't you there for me, Ji?"

 

"I'm a new friend, Dara. And even so I'm here for you." I saw an ice cream truck nearby then I stood up and took her hand. "Come on!"

 

"Where are we going?" She asked.

 

"Somewhere." I said and she rolled her eyes yet complied still.

 

"This is childish, Jiyong." She said as she looked at the ice cream truck in front of her.

 

"You like it anyway." I said, grinning at her.

 

"Maybe I do." She replied, smiling cheekily.

 

"Hey, sir? Can I have two strawberry popsicles?" I asked the old man in the truck.

 

"Sure, kiddo." He said as he handed them to me. I gave him the payment and looked at Dara.

 

"What?" I asked, trying to hide my smile.

 

"Aren't you going to give me the other one?" She said.

 

"What? This one?" I asked holding up the popsicle. "No. They're both mine."

 

"What?" She asked, surprised by my response.

 

"I'm just kidding." I said while laughing, handing her the popsicle.

 

"You look good together, Miss. I hope you and your boyfriend would last." The old man said.

 

"Oh, we're no-" she almost replied but I butted in.

 

"Thank you Sir. I won't let her go that's for sure!"

 

"Ahhh, kids these days. You better get going. It's almost seven." He said.

 

"Oh, the old man is right." I told Dara as I looked at my wrist watch. "Should I continue walking you home?"

 

"Yeah, I guess I'm good to go. Why did you say that to the old man, Jiyong?"

 

"What?" I asked.

 

"You agreed that we were together." She said.

 

"Oh. How can I not? Every guy wants to tell someone you're they're boyfriend." I said sarcasticly.

 

"Whatever, Ji. This is my gate. Thanks for the time." She said.

 

"No problem." I answered while rubbing the back of my neck.

 

"Oh wait." She said, stopping herself from going inside. "I haven't formally introduced myself. I'm Sandara Park."

 

"Kwon Jiyong." I said and shaked hands with her.

 

"I had a great time, Jiyong. Thank you." Was the last thing she said when she finally went inside.

 

I don't care if I look crazy but I know the whole night I was smiling.

 

'Step one complete.'

 

-----------

AUTHOR's note: 

Annyeonghaseyo! Mianhe if I already started a new story and the other one isn't finish yet. But I hope you support She's Back and this too. Please vote, comment amd subscribe in my first and second story! Saranghamnida!