Promise, After Promise

Disgust
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I have to go." I said picking up my bag.
Minseok watched me as I stood up.
"Wait, you haven't eaten anything yet." He said in a polite manner. "Your sure you have to go?"
I glanced outside of the restaurant window, seeing Kris's car already waiting for me. I wonder how long he'd been sitting out there... Surely he saw Nana leave us, right? Hopefully, he didn't think I'd been out with Minseok.
"Uhh, yeah..I 'really' have to go."
Minseok walked around the table grabbing my coat from the chair, "Well then come on, I'll walk you home. It's really dark out, you shouldn't be-"
I cut him off, feeling the glares of my husband through the window shield.
"My rides here.."
Minseok stopped dead in his tracks. 
"Oh...w-well, can I at least get your number?" 
I hesitated for a moment.
"Sure." Anything to speed this up.
Minseok took out his phone handing it to me. I typed it into the contacts section, before handing it back to him. He smiled.
"I will feed you somehow, just wait."
I didn't answer him, instead I bowed my head and hurried out the door. 
~Kris~
Look at her, being all friendly. I could have seen her as anything, but a cheater was never one. And to think I wanted to try and take her someplace!

I watched her with fiery eyes as she left the building. Stupid Gyuri, I gave you everything you wanted and all you do is play with your little side toys. My so called wife, opened the door and slid quietly into the passengers seat. Probably ashamed of being caught red handed. 

"Well..well..well." I said, still tightly gripping the steering wheel.
She continued to stare out the window.

"Who was that?" I asked

"A friend." She mumbled barely high enough to be heard.

I couldn't bring myself to press the gas, knowing how angry I was.

"A friend? A boyfriend perhaps?" I asked.

Gyuri turned to me, as though what I just said caught her attention.

"Don't you trust me?" She asked

"No."

curved into a frown.

"He really is only a friend, Kris. If I can't convince you otherwise, why argue?"

She really does know how to lie doesn't she? There's no use in doing it... I saw her, I caught her. Not so good now is she dad?

"Why are you friends with men?" I asked

"His aunt invited me in order to thank me for helping him the last night."

I scoffed. "Busboy? You went out with busboy?"

"No, his aunt-" She crossed her arms. "Your my husband, Kris. And the only one I'd ever consider loving."

My face began to heat up. Just from those words I began to look at her in a different way. 

"You love me?"

Gyuri appeared startled by the question. I was too!

Please log in to read the full chapter