Busboy Busted

Disgust
Please log in to read the full chapter

~You~ 12:29 pm:
'What do commoners wear?'
~Worthless~ 12:35 pm:
'Why would you want to know something so irrelevant?'
 

I knew I shouldn't have asked him, he wouldn't understand anyway..
And to think, I thought he was warming up to me.. I mean he did ask me to make him food. That means something, right?
I'm nice, I keep in shape, and even give him his space. Alright he's busy, I get it. But he doesn't even think about our future. Well his future I should say, because according to him there is no our.
What if one day... Not that I'd really want this but, what if one day I wanted kids? It doesn't have to be that.. I just want something, you know? To be something important to someone.
Fine. Forget Kris I'll just have to find something myself. I stood up walking to the closet door. There has to be something in here.
 When I was little, my friends always told me that commoners wear 'casual' clothes. Not that they were what I'd call friends but.. Their information did somehow always stick to me. They'd told me that commoners wore clothing styles like 'Graphic T-Shirts' and 'Polyester'. Of course I've never owned such things, just the thought of polyester rubbing against my skin makes me cringe.
What can I say? I'm a rich girl, cheap material just isn't a strong suit of mine.
 


After about 30 minutes or so, sorting through the (what seemed like) billions of clothes, began to lower my morale. My plans to find commoner clothing are going terrible. Not once in my life have I ever wished for poor clothing so bad. I guess I have no other choice.
I'm calling my designer.. If anyone could find me something as difficult as this, it was her. 
The phone buzzed in my ear as I waited,
"Madam?" She answered.

"Bring me a Graphic T-Shirt and A pair of commoners jeans." I didn't waste any time giving her commands.
Her end was silent for a few seconds,
"May I ask why?" 
Why? Why? Can't I just have clothes?
"It's hard to lounge in thousand dollar dresses all the time...plus I hear commoner wear is in this season." I assured her.
"I guess I understand.. What time do you need them?" She asked, not at all sounding convinced. Glancing at the clock, I told her a time and hung up the phone.
Hopefully, she won't screw this up.
 


It wasn't long before she'd been led to my room by the doorman a shopping bag in her arm.
"I got the clothes." She held up the bag.
I held my breath in anticipation, as the designer emptied the bag. 
"Do you own any sneakers?" 
I looked at her holding the fabric between my fingertips. 
"Sneakers?"
She pointed to her feet, "Like these."
Wow, I didn't notice until now. My designer dresses very commoner like on the weekends.
"No."
She sighed reaching to pull them off. 
"What are you doing?" I asked
"Here, were about the same size borrow these." The woman held the shoes out.
The gesture shocked me. No one has ever offered to help me before.
"Oh...Thank you."
Her lips curved in a smile.
"No problem, I've got another pair down in the car."
Picking up her bag, once again she began to head to the door, but I had to stop her..
"Wait, your not going to fit me?" 
The woman shook her head.
"It's already fitted, just put it on."
What is this Tom-Foolery? 
When I'd looked up to ask her more, I saw that she'd already left. This is so weird! I didn't know you could buy your clothes from a store that already fit. And the clothing....how is this suppose to impress anyone. It's so plain. 
One by one, I took off the clothing I was already wearing, slipping into the clothing my designer brought.
"Woah." I whispered. "These are so.." 
The door flung open, just as I was checking myself out in the mirror.
"What are you doing?" I jumped, hearing my husband. He was quick to notice my attire checking. " Who made you those?" 
Damn. What ever happened to going to work, Kris?
He leaned against the door frame, crossing his arms. 
"I thought you were going to work." I said.
The older raised his eyebrow, "And so you decide to dress up in weird clothing?" 
Surely going out to dinner with a hard working Ahjumma wouldn't bother him. He'd probably be happy to invite some guys over for a few glasses of wine. One thing I was certain of was that Kris Wu, would never EVER cheat on me. No matter how screwed up he gets, or how insulting, that man is faithful. How do I know? Well, it's not exactly a fact, Its more of a hope. I mean, you'd think a wealthy man like him would have a bit of class..and even if he did cheat, why would it matter to me anyway? I don't think either of us even consider each other married. That's a lie, i've always cared about him. Not because I care for him or anything like that, but because he's my husband...isn't it required that I look after him?
Kris cleared his throat, interrupting my thoughts.
"I'm going out." I said
He looked me up and down once again.
 It made me nervous. He must be sick...very very sick. Why else would he be home ? And once more in my room looking me up and down. and even though he's still being as mean as usual, I've noticed his constant trying to talk to me...
"In that?" He scoffed
"Kris....are you sick?" 
The elder blinked as if he couldn't believe I'd just asked him that.
"Sick?" He asked "Please. You don't even have friends...Are you sick going out like that?"
I shrugged.
"She isn't rich like us, so I was..."
My husband cut me off.
"What? How do you even know people like that?"
Doesn't this guy even know how snobby he sounds? Listen Gyuri, these are your options. Tell him the reason you're going out and be scolded and yelled at, or lie and make sure he doesn't know.
"Why don't...we go out instead?" 
My mouth dropped wide open. He was asking ME to go out with HIM? Okay, where are the cameras. The Kris Wu, My husband Kris Wu, would never in a million ka-billion years ask me to be seen with him anywhere in public. There has to be a catch.
"Only us?"
Kris rolled his eyes,
"No, with all of China."
It was hard to tell whether he was being sarcastic or not...as we all know, Kris's sense of humor is quite non-existent.
"But I promised another person my time, Kris. Would you perhaps like to come along?" 
He ran a hand through his light hair.
I didn't know what was more important. A date with my neglectful husband or a hard working maid. 
"Just forget it, Gyuri.."
Before i could say anything, he'd already stormed out of the room, leaving my mouth slightly agape.
Seriously!! What's his problem today? Is it really my fault he wanted to ask me out randomly? Not that him asking me out was a bad thing...Hell, I'd love to be a few steps closer to him. 
Oh Kris, don't think I don't see you falling for me, you confusing devil.

~Kris~
What the hell was that?
I held a hand over my chest, feeling my heart beating wildly. Never felt that before...WOAH WOAH WOAH! Kris get ahold of yourself!! You hate Gyuri, remember? 
It's almost as though my heart is trying to say the opposite. 
So she cooked food for me. And? What give you the idea to take her out on account of that? Huh, heart? I sighed.
Who am I kidding, I even got ready to go... Kris you idiot.
There are rules.
Once you start a pattern it's kind of ehh, Illegal to stop...No, that's not right. Unethical? Impossible? Preposterous? I don't know.. But anyway that's exactly what I've done. 
For the longest time I'd been mean to Gyuri, and for the longest time..it seemed I'd formed into a pattern.  And as father used to tell me, people get very comfortable with their lives. They don't want to change their ways for anyone. 
Now of course, a long time a

Please log in to read the full chapter