Café & Cakes

Lost Pet Luhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I was so fixed upon that to be the reason for Luhan to be acting weird that I didn't even contemplate on any other factors that might have been the cause.            How could I forget? I thought as I quickly hurried back to the dormitory, Luhan was probably acting weird this morning because he hadn't been out on walks since I took him in. Didn't all dogs love to go on walks?           As soon as I got home, I found Luhan fuddling mindlessly with a hairbrush in the bathroom. He jumped as soon as I called out his name, as if he hadn't heard me come in. Or maybe he really didn't, since he did seem genuinely surprised at my entrance to the bathroom.            "Geez, Luhan," I laughed as I stopped in front of the boy, "calm down, it's only me."           Luhan seemed to have calmed down a little, however, still acting different than usual. He was really quiet. Which wasn't himself at all. Since the day I woke up and found Luhan as a human instead of a puppy, there was not once where silence went for more than five minutes. However, Luhan, nowadays, barely talked and that was starting to worry me. My mind wondered about his health and well-being, or maybe I wasn't good enough to take care for someone else, and definitely not knowledged enough to care for a puppy; like how I failed to realize that dogs needed to be taken out daily for walks.            "Oh, Luhan," I spoke again and Luhan's face lifted from the hairbrush in his hands to look at me, but only for a moment before his attention went back to the brush. "Do you...want to go for a walk?"            I knew enough for the pet videos that I sometimes ended up watching on youtube to know that dogs react very strongly to this word. It was as if dogs were programmed to understand this word perfectly. Even if the word was spoken in between a long sentence; dogs would be able to pick it out.            Which was why I was so surprised when Luhan didn't have the reaction I was expecting, but instead he asked, "I already walk around the room everyday."           I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at this. To laugh because to someone who didn't know that Luhan was a puppy would assume that he said this because he was too lazy to go out walking. Or to cry because the only way for a dog to not be familiar with that word would be because either he was never introduced to it, or he'd never gone on a walk before.            "No, this is different." I promised as I grabbed onto his wrist and pulled him out of the bathroom. He seemed hesitant, but I tried not to dwell on the reason behind it because I was so positive that he would be normal again after the walk.              Luhan, on the other hand, was in a complete daze. He became less and less aware of his surroundings and paid more attention to the beating of his strange heart whenever different situations occurred. And especially paying attention to the loud thumps whenever Aera was around him. He couldn't figure out the reason behind it no matter how hard he thought and contemplated, and for some odd reason, he didn't want to ask Aera either.            Especially today when Aera came home and pulled him out of the bathroom. All he felt at that moment was blood rushing to his head when Aera's hand held his wrist. The feeling was strange, but in a way that Luhan wasn't completely hating it. He just didn't know what to feel.              "Aera.." Luhan spoke up softly, and in that moment, I looked at Luhan almost too quickly; surprised at the fact that Luhan was talking again. "What's different about walking in here and walking outside?"            I laughed at Luhan as I grabbed onto the plastic shopping bag I had brought home earlier. "Nothing really, just fresh air, I suppose?"            I proceeded to take out the jacket I had brought for Luhan earlier today.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter