Chapter 2

One of A Kind Love

 

A/N : Ah!! I really can't update as often as I could back then.. I'm always off to visiting people, for this festive season. Sorry for the long wait! I think I'm going to update TWGMS after this.. Enjoy! 

Chapter 2

          We attended an audition because both of us had a big crush on music and wanted to be singers.

          [Sulli’s POV]

          I know officially and completely regret, on kidding around Taemin oppa just then. I’m being completely punished now, seriously. He really wouldn’t let go of me. I guess he had that authority because well, the butler was there, and I was kind of afraid of his overprotective butler. He would stare at me every time that I had the chance to wine about something. That made Taemin oppa happy, though. Seeing me in pain.

          “Come on, Sulli! Let’s go there, our last stop for today!” he pointed towards a shop, that contained various types of instruments, that I had never seen before.

          We walked together, of course with the butler watching our every move. It was kind of frustrating though, not being able to be free, walking around by ourselves. I wanted to whisper that into his ears, but I thought it wouldn’t be such a good idea, seeing that his butler is practically watching my every move. I’m like, being spied. As we entered the shop, the butler chose to stay out of the music shop, probably didn’t want to bother us anymore. As soon as we got in, Taemin oppa quickly grabbed the first guitar that he saw, and started playing with it.

          “Sulli, do you know what’s this?”

          “Of course I do. I’m not stupid, you know.” I lied, but I guess he quickly caught up.

          “Then what’s it’s name?”

          “Something.. That starts with a.. Umm.. The alphabet..” I stuttered, thinking hard, what was it. My father once told me, but I forgot. Damn it, he even taught me how to play! What was it’s name again?

          “G?”

          “Yeah! That’s what I was gonna say, G.”

          “Come on, Sulli. I know you don’t know it’s name. This thing here, it’s called a guitar. Mainly used for songs. I have plenty of this at home, different types.”

          “You have these at home?” I took a look at the price tag. OMG. It’s freakin expensive! 4 thousand dollars for only this thing?! And he had plenty, different types too. Gosh, Taemin oppa’s really rich. I could make this with a used tissue box, some strings, glue and used tissue roll. Using only recycled stuff.

          “You want to see me play? I’ve been practicing. I’m even in the midst of writing a new song.” He said, excitedly. I sat beside him, even though I already knew how to play, I acted like I didn’t. Then later, I would shock him with my wicked skills, keke..

          “Sure, oppa. Show me how.”

          He began strumming little by little, and soon, he was making some pretty decent melody. I guess he wasn’t kidding when he said his song was in some kind of progress. I nodded along with the beautiful melody he strummed, enjoying the music quite much. He sang the lyrics, bit by bit, so far that he could remember. I could tell, he got a really nice voice. His love for music, must be deep.

          “Ah.. I only got until there,” he stopped playing, looked at me and smiled.

          “Wow.. You play really good, oppa,” I complimented him.

          “Would you like me to teach you how to play?”

          “Sure!” Yes! This is my chance!

          I grabbed the guitar from Taemin oppa slowly, tried my best not to show that I’m actually quite good and also not overly excited. He neared me, and positioned my right hand on the strings, and my left hand on the guitar hold (Forgive me, please! I don’t know what’s it is called!). He took hold of my hand, and pressed the chord that my father taught me so well, that is, the chord C and G. He strummed it for a bit, showing ‘how it’s done’ and asked me to try it. I purposely played poorly, that he needed to cover up some of my mistakes.

          “Sulli-ah.. You must strum from up to down, not left to right!”

          “Ah.. Mianhe!”

          “That’s G, THIS is C!”

          “Ah.. I see..”

          “No, no, no! You must press on it harder, Sulli!”

          “Okay..”

          “Ah.. You’re so hard to teach.. I don’t know why I even bother. Sulli, practice pressing C and G first, then you can be as good as me, okay?” I nodded, and smiled cheekily without him noticing.

          “I’ll buy you a guitar later, so that you can practice. Now, let’s go. I’m sure Mr Butler is waiting outside,” guess he didn’t know I already had one. It’s the only thing my mother won’t allow me to sell, because she knew how much I loved playing guitar.

          “Oppa..you don’t want me to play just for one last time?”

          “No thanks, Sulli. So far, I don’t think there’s even room fo..” he shut his words up as I began playing the song Calling Out (Again, sorry! I don’t know much songs, and this was the music I’m currently listening to, it’s by Luna and Krystal! Keke..).

Nareul kkaeuneun oeroume
Jichyeobeorin jameseo kkaemyeon
yeojeonhi utneun geudaega saenggangnaseo
nado mollae miso jitneunde


ireoke tto sarangeun gago
areumdaun gyejeori omyeon
niga namgin seulpeume geuriume
naneun tto i georil geotneunda


haru tto haru na saragadaga
geudae ireume tto nunmuri namyeon ah
na chameul su eobseo
ireoke useul su eobseo
tto geudae ireum bulleo bonda

 

          I stopped as soon as I finished singing the chorus perfectly. I didn’t continue til the second verse because I forgot the chords. But that was really enough to make him speechless and stuck. And probably because one, I amazed him with my perfect singing and guitar playing skills and two, he’s mad at me, for pretending that I know nothing. Guess what? I was right.

          “Sulli.. Why did you lie to me?” I flashed a smile at the stuttering Taemin oppa.

          “I didn’t lie, I just pretended. No biggy.”

          “You should’ve just told me you were extremely great at playing AND singing at the same time! I wouldn’t have wasted much time actually teaching you something that you’re so amazing at!” woah, I didn’t knew he would looked THAT pissed off. I guess it’s his nature?

          “Oppa.. mianhe.. I didn’t mean to.. I was just paying back what you did to me this morning, and when we went shopping just before. You knew I was afraid of your butler, so I wouldn’t protest when you wanted to go to someplace that I didn’t want to. And..” my stomach grumbled. “I’m still hungry, we didn’t even go to a shop that sells snacks or any restaurant that you promised we’d go to.”

          I finished my sentence there and put back the guitar I was holding back in its place. I just stared into Taemin oppa’s eyes and face, waiting for him to respond. Seeing his sympathetic face, really made me think that he felt sorry for me. Well, he should be. It’s not me, it’s his problem. He suddenly turned away from me after about sometime staring deep into my face. Am I that pretty? Keke..

          “Excuse me? I want that guitar please. I’ll pay by cash,” he pointed towards a guitar, that caught my eye at once, once I entered the shop.

          “Are you sure, sir? That guitar is the most expensive in this shop. Perhaps you want to buy a less expensive one. I recommend thi-“

          “Are you looking down on me? I said, Please, I want to buy that guitar. Now, PLEASE put it on the counter, so I can pay for it,” Taemin oppa interrupted.

          “Well, suit yourself, if you can’t pay for it, you’re in big trouble, you know? It’s 10,000 dollars,” rudely, the shop assistant held out her hand, as if she was mocking Taemin oppa. Well, she was. She smirked a little bit, and smiled an evil smile, probably guessing Taemin oppa couldn’t hand her out 10,000 bucks in cash. Didn’t she knew? He’s one of the richest boys here.

          “Here you go, 10, 000 dollars. Give me my guitar, now.”

          The shop assistant widened her eyes as she saw the amount of money that was now placed into her hands. She struggled a bit, not knowing what to say. Taemin oppa smiled as he always do, and grabbed the guitar from her, wrapping it himself. He grabbed my hand, and pulled me away from my seat, looked back at the shop assistant and said,

          “Thank you, I won’t come again. Thanks for the bad service!”

          I didn’t know he was brave enough to do that.

*****

          [Taemin’s POV]
         

          That served her right for looking down on me. Clearly, she doesn’t know me at all. I grabbed Sulli’s hand and walked away as soon as I can. Yet, I tried my best to make herself feel guilty by flashing my magical sweet smile at her. Serves you right, woman! Now, where shall we go?

          “Oppa.. Where are we going?” cute little Sulli asked.

          “We’re going to eat. Didn’t I promised you that before?”

          “Oh..”

          We walked together, and I tried to keep my distance from my butler/bodyguard/personal chef away as far as I could, now knowing that Sulli hated that. I gotta respect her, at times. We arrived at a restaurant, called Chicken, and I took a seat in front of her.

          “Woah.. We’re eating chicken?!” I nodded happily while she clapped both of her hands together making a happy sound.

          “Kya~~ I love chicken! Even though I haven’t tasted it yet, people kept saying they’re extremely good!”

          “You haven’t tasted chicken?!” she nodded. “You’re unbelievable, Sulli! Then you have to taste it now. I’ll order a big chicken for you, then.” 

            I called the waiter, and when he came, I ordered half roasted chicken with spices with some kimchi and also some rice for Sulli. For myself, of course, some black pepper chicken would be nice. I asked the waiter to repeat himself, and later he went by. I looked around the place, this is quite fancy. But at the same time, it’s really simple. I had nothing to talk about, when I saw this flyer. This pink flyer, on the table. That certainly caught my eye.

          “SM Audition, huh?”

          “What did you say, oppa?”

          “SM Audition. It’s going to be held tomorrow, near our school.” I showed her the flyer. She quickly grabbed it, read it and hugged it tightly to her chest and gave me an eye smile, that was full of joy.

          “Oppa!! This is what I wanted! Ah.. To be a singer, that’s my dream!! Let me see.. What time is it? Oh.. no.. It’s in school hours..” the suddenly hyped up Sulli let her face down. She was really excited about the audition.. I didn’t know she wanted to be a singer so badly.

          “What? It’s between school hours? Hm.. You really wanted to be one of those singers, don’t you?” she nodded, sadly. “Then how about we go together? I want to audition too.”

          I already saw the flyer yesterday, on the notice board at school and brought it home and asked permission from my mother. She quickly agreed, for my parents had said that they would support me at whatever I wanted to do as best as they can. I love my parents. I already asked my mother too, if I could skip school for this. She agreed to that, too. Keke..

          “You want to skip school with me, oppa?”

          “Yeah, sure. I want to go audition, too. Don’t you know? My goal in life is to be a successful singer. I heard this company produces the best singers around, singers that have talent, and I want to be one of them. It’s pretty cool, to me, you know?”

          “Ah.. So I see.. I don’t really care about missing classes, its only for one day, right? But what’s my mom going to say about this?”

          “Don’t worry, I’ll talk to her.”

*****

          [Sulli’s POV]

          Morning finally came! I’m too excited for this audition! I already talked to mom about this, she doesn’t seem to agree with me, but she let me go, though. This morning, before I set off to school, mom and dad had a quarrel again. They always quarrel in the morning, and I’m kind of used to it. Their love grew when they quarrel, I guess?

          So again, no lunch for me. There’s still breakfast on the table. The guitar Taemin oppa bought for me yesterday, I already kept it beside my bed, covering it with a few of my cloths. I don’t want my mom to ever find out about that guitar or else, she would make me return it. And that’s the only gift that Taemin oppa had give me. Other than that, none.

          Speaking about Taemin oppa, he hadn’t showed up yet and the gates are about to close. He always comes late, but was never written down for his mistakes because of his parents’ power and authority. I heard that they actually paid for Taemin oppa to come late to school. But I guess that’s only a rumor unless I hear it from Taemin oppa himself.

          I looked at my watch, figuring out what time is it. Auditions start at 9, but we have to arrive there at 8.30 for registration. School gates close at precisely 8 a.m, and right now, the time is 7.58 a.m. He sure is late. I’m afraid he would come at 8.29.. I wouldn’t want the student council president to report me to the authorities.. I’ve had enough problems with them already. At precisely 8.05 a.m, a long black car probably named limousine came. That has got to be Taemin oppa. It stopped in front of me, as if it wanted me to go inside. I stood there like a statue for like, 10 minutes when finally the black window went down, and there appeared Taemin oppa in his fashionable sunglasses.

          “What are you doing, standing around? We’re going to be late!”

          Speak for yourself, oppa.