That's the Girl, Right?

Not Your Typical Cinderella

Chapter 6: That's the Girl, Right?

 

“JIEUN, WHERE ARE YOU?!”

 

Jieun winced at the voice. “I’m coming Tiffany, just hold on a minute.”

 

She quickly walked inside a backstage room to Tiffany who was sitting in a chair getting her make-up done. Jieun stared at the luscious brown hair pulled into a high ponytail. The make-up artist gave Tiffany cat eyes using the eyeliner and put a light shade of eye shadow to brighten everything. There was no denying Tiffany’s outer beauty.

 

Too bad it couldn’t be said for her personality. 

 

Coming up to the said girl, Jieun looked down. She always had a sudden interest in the floor whenever she was near Tiffany.

 

“Where is my dress?” Jieun furrowed her eyebrows.

 

“Please forgive me, but I don’t understand what you’re saying.”

 

Don’t understand?” Tiffany scoffed, “What, do you not speak Korean Jieun? I’m asking you where you put the dress I asked you to bring yesterday.”

 

Jieun fidgeted. “I put it in TALK4’s closet.”

 

“You’re kidding, right?” Tiffany gave an irritated smile. “It was a personal dress for the Annual Party. Not a some get-up for a music video.”

 

Bowing ninety degrees, Jieun apologized. “I will not make the same mistake next time.”

 

“You better not. That dress better be in my room before this evening or else you’re going to be my personal assistant and we’ll hire others for the rest of TALK4 for one week.” Tiffany walked off to the set of the photo-shoot TALK4 was in. Along with a boy group, they were promoting a clothing line for teenagers. Though, of course, at least half of TALK4’s members had just entered their twenties. 

 

Looking at the door close, Jieun glared in the direction Tiffany had just walked off in. Aish, jinjja. What is wrong with that girl? She was busy burning holes through the door before getting interrupted by a knock. The door opened and Suzy peeked through. Jieun smiled at her younger step-sister.

 

“How are you doing?” Suzy gleefully asked.

 

“Assuming that you heard my conversation with Tiffany,” Jieun sighed, “not good.”

 

“I know.” Suzy frowned, “I think she still has a grudge against you.”

 

“But something like her crush from high school asking me out isn’t a good reason to make my life a living hell.” Jieun reasoned. “I mean they did go out together in the end, then, you know, she dumped him.”

 

Suzy smirked. “Well, I do have another reason why she would hate you more so than usual right now.” 

 

Pulling out the newspaper from behind her back, she watched as Jieun read the front page and widen her eyes. “I found this in her bag.”

 

“What the...” Jieun trailed off.

 

“Seems like you and EXO-M’s leader have something going on~” Suzy wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

 

“W-W-What? N-N-No, no, no, no, no. We have absolutely nothing going on between us.” Pointing to the picture on the newspaper, Jieun blushed and argued, “It was- It is, purely coincidental.” 

 

Suzy decided to take the opportunity to sister even more when another knock came from the door. Both girls turned their heads to see a member of TALK4, Jiyeon.

 

“Hey Suzy, Jieun,” she greeted, “the manager wants us to come out. The photo-shoot is starting and the boy group is here.”

 

Suzy nodded happily and grabbed the wrist of Jieun who looked as if she could die of embarrassment. Why am I blushing anyways? The girl thought following Suzy, the man was a jerk. A really handsome jerk, but a jerk nonetheless.

 

Walking onto the set, Jieun could feel everyone’s eyes on her while they were whispering to one another as if she couldn’t hear it.

 

“She looks like her right?”

 

“Nah, it couldn’t possibly be her.”

 

“That’s right, Kris would definitely pick someone better.”

 

Suzy saw her older step-sister fidgeting and spoke in a reassuring voice. “Remember what you used to tell me? ‘Don’t let people get into your head.’ That’s what I’m going to tell you to do. As long as you know it wasn’t a scandal, it’s fine.”

 

Jieun nodded and looked forward, just to see the boy group. They were quite a far distance away, so Jieun didn’t know who they were. However, she could see that there were 7 members all dressed in bright colors. Infinite? U-Kiss? 100%?

 

She was still wondering when Suzy approached them and greeted them. They turned around and bowed. 

 

“Annyeonghasayeo, we are BANGTAN.” Jieun’s heart almost stopped. Are they really here?

 

Suzy elbowed a shocked Jieun and smiled at the group. “Annyeonghasayeo, I am Suzy and she is my assistant, Jieun. I hope we can get along together and on a side note, please do not call me sunbae-nim, noona would be fine.” Bangtan hardly glanced at Jieun as they nodded to Suzy and began their own introductions.

“I am Rap Monster, leader and rapper of BANGTAN.” The platinum blonde gave an adorably cheeky smile.

“Suga, rapper.”

 

“J-Hope, rapper and dancer.”

 

“Jimin, vocalist and dancer.”

 

“Jungkook, maknae, vocalist, and rapper.” 

 

“Jin, vocalist and face of the group.” He gave a little wink and light coat of blush covered Jieun’s face.

 

“V, vocalist and the real face of the group.” The orange-head glared at Jin as the said person shrugged.

 

“Hey, the fans can think what they want.”

 

“No,” V protested, “the fans didn’t choose it. The producer did!”

 

Jieun laughed at their antics, though she apparently laughed too loudly and caught the attention of all of Bangtan. Suddenly, she felt the members finally take a good look at her. Jieun saw some of them raise their eyebrows. Suzy noticed the change and tried to steer everyone’s thinking in a different direction.

 

“So, how are promotions going?” The boys instantly brightened.

 

“It’s really good so far!” Jungkook smiled.

 

Suga nodded in agreement. “Our agency is doing a great job and our fan base has grown a lot.”

 

Suzy gave a light smile. “That’s great to hear.”

 

“I’ve been meaning to ask-” V was interrupted by the manager.

 

“We’re beginning to take photos. Bangtan is going first.” The boys followed the manager and waved a goodbye to Suzy. 

 


 

“That was her, right?” V questioned.

 

“She looks a lot like it.” Jin agreed.

 

“Maybe it wasn’t her?” Rap Monster tried to reason.

 

They narrowed their eyes at their leader. 

 

“Really?” J-Hope sighed. “Do you not see this?” He brought out the newspaper which seemed to be everywhere. Pointing to the girl in the middle of the front page, they could all see the similarities. They tried to get another glance at the assistant of TALK4.

 

Jimin stared at the rest of his group.

 

“So I guess we just met one-half of the current biggest scandal?”

 

 

 


 
I'm back~
You probably really hate me and want more updates, BUT HAVE NO FEAR.
 
MY TESTS ARE FINALLY OVER //throws confetti everywhere
I will update my stories now~
 
If you want to see me be OCD about writing go ahead and check out my uncomplete one-shot. //ohgodimadvetisingmystorynowimsorry
 
BEFORE YOU LEAVE, HERE'S A POLL.