Early Mornings Aren't the Best

Not Your Typical Cinderella

Chapter 5: Early Mornings Aren't the Best

 

“YAH! Kris! Wake up!”

 

The person sleeping soundly didn’t want to move. In fact, he didn’t even want to see his EXO members. Their schedule began late today, which meant that Kris was allowed to sleep in a bit. 

 

It also meant that he shouldn’t have had anyone bothering him.

 

Groaning, Kris rubbed his eyes and looked at the familiar face of EXO-M’s maknae. He scratched his head while glaring through his half-opened eyes.

 

“What do you want?” Kris whined. He glanced at the clock before turning his head back to Tao. “It’s 6:00. We’re supposed to start late today, aren’t we?”

 

“We do, but the CEO called for a quick gathering in his office.” Tao responded. “I don’t know what it’s for, though he did say to come quickly.”

 

Kris flopped back onto his bed and covered his face with a pillow.

 

Tao panicked, thinking that Kris wasn’t going to attend.

 

“I’ll be there in 5 minutes.”

 

He let out a breath of relief as Tao threw a glance at his senior before closing the door. Hearing the wooden clack, Kris got up and groaned once again. What the hell did they want?

 

Walking in a zombie-like manner, he went to the bathroom and took a three minute shower. Kris’ eyes were still half-closed as he brushed his teeth and wore his clothing. It was only until he got outside his room did Kris open his eyes because of the blinding light the white floor was giving off. He never did quite understand how they kept it so clean.

 

Kris took the elevator and went down a few floors before coming at a stop. Looking up, he saw that it had yet to reach the CEO’s office, so he could only assume someone was entering. Sure enough, Kris saw bleach blond hair that almost, once again, blinded him for the second time in the day.

 

“Ah, your name is Kris, am I right?” He turned to see Jonghyun, a member of SHINee.

 

“It is.” Kris gave a small nod.

 

“And I’m Jonghyun, but I guess you already knew that.” Jonghyun gave a nervous laugh as he ruffled his hair.

 

“I do.” 

 

The awkward silence consumed the elevator.

 

“So,” Jonghyun spoke again, “where are you going?”

 

“The CEO’s office. Apparently, something had come up involving EXO.” Kris stared at the screen which showed the number of which floor they were on. 46. God, how long is this taking?

 

“Really? That’s weird. It’s the same with SHINee too.” Jonghyun pondered for a moment. “Do you think it’s the Annual Party?”

 

Kris shrugged. “Possibly. They might want to make a collaboration stage, like you in SM the Ballad.”

 

The other man nodded as the elevator door dinged open. Walking in yet another silence, Kris tried to increase his pace in hopes that his senior in the company wouldn’t try and create a conversation with him again. Luckily, his six foot one stature definitely beat Jonghyun’s five foot eight.

 

Kris looked up at the door and opened it. He saw his fellow members on one side of the desk (well, really one and a half) and four of five of the members of SHINee on the other. 

 

“Annyeongsayo.” He bowed before taking his seat next to Tao.

 

“Where have you been?” The panda-like boy whispered.

 

“In my room. Where else.” Kris narrowed his eyes. Today wasn’t a good day for him. A day where he had to wake up early was never a good day for him.

 

Tao rolled his eyes before turning his head to see the last member of SHINee arrive. The CEO then interlocked his fingers and stared at everyone seated. 

 

“I think you all know by now that the groups EXO and SHINee are to attend both the day and night activities of the Annual Party held by JRT Entertainment.” Heads nodded in agreement.

 

“I have decided for SHINee to perform their song EVERYBODY seeing as it is a recent one and for EXO to perform MAMA since it was in that album where Key participated in Two Moons, which you will also sing as a collaboration.” Key thought back to the poster he saw in the practice room.

 

“Wait,” he raised a brow, “what about the duet and solo songs?”

 

“Ah yes,” the CEO sighed. “That was something uncalled for, but it is a masquerade dance, so unless you are on stage, you will have a mask on. Though, during the duet and solo songs, you will have your masks on.”

 

“Hold on,” Sehun said, “why is it a masquerade dance?”

 

“That’s because this year, it’s being broadcasted.”

 

Everyone’s eyes widened.

 

“Bwo?!” Kai exclaimed. “But wasn’t it always just for the idols?”

 

The CEO shook his head. “Not this year. The party has gotten many fans and all of which who wanted to know what happens during the night time. They even had an online poll.”

 

“Wah, the dedication.” Kris heard Tao speak softly. 

 

“Moving on from the Annual Party, there has been a scandal involving SM.” He took out the morning newspaper and unscrolled it. The big headline was hard to miss, and hardly forgetable.

 

KRIS MEETS AN UNKNOWN GIRL AT A NEARBY AIRPORT

 

Right in the middle of the newspaper was a picture of a girl with long dark hair who looked as if she was being pulled away by Kris to go off to a secret rendevous. The girl’s face was a bit blurry, but you could still make out how she looked like.

 

“Please explain to me Kris,” the CEO looked at the suprised male, “how this happened.”

 

“Well I was outside the airport when that girl bumped into me. Her drink spilled on me and she tried to clean it up, unsuccessfully might I add. Anyways, I was scared of a scandal occuring so I tried to hide off with the girl. I also asked for her hoodie since the pink stain of her drink was really noticeable.”

 

So that was why he wore a different shirt, Luhan thought then turned to the CEO who had begun asking a question.

 

“Have any of you even seen this girl before?” 

 

Although the question was directed towards the EXO members, Jonghyun spoke up.

 

“I have actually. At a coffee shop.”

 

“Really.” The CEO leaned back on his chair. “Please enlighten me with what you did.”

 

Jonghyun felt his palms get clamy as he started.

 

“I was bored one day, so I had decided to walk around and find a peaceful neighborhood to be in for the day. I saw a bakery, ordered somethings, and sat down. Coincidentally, that girl,” he pointed at the newspaper, “was sitting right next to me, due to the limited seating. We had small talk then she left. That’s about it.”

 

The CEO gave a Jonghyun a stern look before turning to the rest of the people in the room.

 

“Does anyone else know her?” 

 

Kai uncertainly raised his hand and spoke. 

 

“Remember when I had to go to JRT for the meeting about the Annual Party? Well, I kinda got lost on the way to their CEO’s office so I knocked on the nearest recording studio for help.”

 

“Are you getting anywhere?” Sehun mumbled under his breath. Kai glared at his junior before continuing.

 

“As I was saying, I knocked on the closest recording studio and it just so happened to be Suzy and her assistant.”

 

“What does this have to do with anything?” The CEO questioned.

 

“Suzy’s assistant, Lee Jieun, is that girl. The one on the front page.”

 

Kris’ and Jonghyun’s eyes widened.

 

“You can’t be serious.” Kris thought aloud. “This isn’t possible.”

 

“Nope,” Kai said, “I’m pretty sure.”

 

 

“You are in a scandal with Suzy’s assistant A.K.A. Lee Jieun.”

 


You probaby all hate me by now.

I haven't updated in a really long time, but I hope you understand that the New York State tests determine your life. My homework has begun yo pile up, which was something I wasn't expecting. Also, the rp groups I'm in on Deviantart just call for me to draw and I can't resist. I'm sorry.

Thank all you subscribers, I hope you will continue to read this story and check out my next one.