Marshmallow

Not Your Typical Cinderella

 

Chapter 2: Marshmallow

 

“What song to you want me to sing Suzy?” Jieun stepped into the recording booth and put the headphones on. Suzy was on the other side thinking of a song to request when a name came into her mind.

 

“How about that song you wrote for me recently?” Jieun froze in shock.

 

“Weh? You mean Marshmallow?” Suzy nodded in agreement. “But I wrote that song for you. And I couldn’t possibly sound as cute.”

 

“I have no doubts that you can sing cute.” Suzy crossed her arms and repeated her stance again. “Sing Marshmallow.” 

 

Jieun sighed. “Only for you.” Suzy giggled as she took the disc and played the song. It had begun at the chorus where Jieun remembered the lyrics most.

 

“Marshmallow marshmallow, dalkomhaeseo neomu joha, marshmallow marshmallow-” The song cut off as Jieun took off the headphones, raising one eyebrow towards Suzy. The girl was giving an adorable angry face.

 

“Why did you stop the song?” Jieun asked.

 

“Because I know you have hidden aegyo and you aren’t using it to your full potential.” Suzy complained into the microphone. Raising her hands in the air, Jieun shrugged.

 

“I’ll try harder, but it hurts to smile so often in a song.”

 

Suzy glared at Jieun. “It’s apart of being an idol.”

 

“But who said I wanted to be an idol?” Jieun countered. “I’d much rather be a songwriter with my guitar by my side.” Suzy waved her hand in the air, dismissing the discussion.

 

“Forget it. I won’t pressure you more. But promise me,” she pointed her finger towards the other girl, “that you will use more aegyo this time, okay?”

 

“Arassou, arassou.” Jieun closed her eyes. Try to act like a childish person, she thought, try to act like Suzy.

 

From the window, the person being thought of counted down. “Hana, dhul, sehtt.” The song played again.

 

“Marshmallow marshmallow, dalkomhaeseo neomu joha, marshmallow marshmallow, sarangiran ireon geolkka.” This time, Jieun moved her hands in a cute manner making fake air mustaches and holding up peace signs. Suzy couldn’t take it anymore and began laughing onto the couch behind her. Jieun saw Suzy’s antics and went out to pull her ear although the song was still playing.

 

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?” Jieun asked.

 

“I’m, laughing. Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow. Stop pulling my ear Jieunnie~” Suzy pleaded as she was being dragged back up.

 

“That must’ve been the awkwardest moment of my life.” Jieun commented then put the headphones around Suzy’s neck. “It’s your turn to sing.”

 

“What?” Suzy pouted. “I didn’t even get to mess around with your recording.”

 

“It’s your punishment.” Jieun stated pushing Suzy into the recording booth.

 

“Then what song do you want to hear?”

 

“Hmm,” Jieun thought for a minute, “How about That XX by G-Dragon?”

 

“Eh?” Suzy shouted. “That’s totally random!”

 

Jieun smiled in response. “That’s the point.”

 


 

The guy walked towards the big building with a huge sign saying, “JRT Entertainment”. He brought the scarf around his neck closer to his face and adjusted his hat. Though it might have been a place where many famous idols spent most of their days around, he couldn’t take chances. His group was labeled as one of the best and he was one of the main members.

 

Walking past the revolving doors, he went up to the front desk. “Can I have your name sir?” The lady had said.

 

There was no need for words, the man simply lifted his glasses and lowered his scarf as the woman almost screamed his name.

 

“Shh.” Fixing everything back in place, he put a finger to his lips. “I have a meeting with the CEO about the Annual Party and I’m trying to be low-key. So keep this a secret, yes?” The receptionist nodded while blushing a bright red. The guy winked and it might as well killed her. 

 

He walked up stairs when he came to the realization that he had absolutely no idea where he should go. Looking around, he heard some voices coming from a room, most likely nearby. The man walked a few doors down and read the sign above the door, “Recording Studio D”. He became curious as he put his ear against the door to listen in on what was happening inside.

 

“Marshmallow marshmallow, dalkomhaeseo neomu joha, marshmallow marshmallow, sarangiran ireon geolkka.” Whoever was singing the song at the moment had a high voice, an alto-soporano at least. He stepped back as he remembered who had sung the original song. Bae Suzy. 

 

Could it be her? He wondered as he stared at the door. After the line had ended, the man swore he heard laughing and whining. He raised a brow at the childishness he could hear. 

 

The man made up his mind and took off his glasses, hat, and scarf as he decided to ask whomsoever was in the room where the CEO’s office was. He knocked on the door three consectutive times and waited, staring at the brown wood door.


 

“Huh?” Jieun turned around to the door and paniced as she heard someone knock. She stopped the song and said through the microphone, “Someone is here.” 

 

Suzy looked nervous, but said strongly, “Answer it. If they accuse you, I’d take the blame.”

 

Jieun smiled at the girl’s generosity. Slowly, she opened the door with shaking hands with her eyes casted downwards. Suzy gasped, causing Jieun to look up and put her hands on from the disbelief.

 

“Annyeongsayo. I’m Kai from EXO.”

 

 


Was that suspenseful? I hope it was. Hahaha, cliffhangers. You love to hate them.

I also want to say a huge THANK YOU to my subscribers, seriously, I'm completely new to writing on AFF and the support of just you subscribing, I can't even put to words.