Let's Begin Our Fairytale

Not Your Typical Cinderella

 

Chapter 1: Let's Begin Our Fairytale

 

“You can’t be serious.” Jieun spoke through the phone. She was in the middle of a long line, waiting to get coffee for Tiffany from a very well known place, when Suzy had called her.

 

“I’m serious.” Suzy sighed from the other end of the call. “Tiffany wants her dress for the party in 10 minutes.”

 

“But she said that she wanted coffee. I waited an hour on the line and I still am.” Jieun could feel Suzy shrugging. “Yeah, yeah, I get it. I’ll pick it up. Do you want me to pick up your dress too?”

 

“No worries. I already picked it up myself.” Jieun’s eyes widened.

 

“Did anyone catch you?”

 

“Nope, just a fan, but she was kind enough to let it go.” Jieun sighed as Suzy replied. She didn’t need her stepmother lecturing her again.

 

“Okay, I’ll see you soon then.”

 

“Bye~” Suzy hung up as Jieun got out of the line and jogged over to the another famous place, except this time, there wasn’t any line. Thank you god, she thought as she went to the counter to take the dress.

 

“Who are you picking it up for?” The lady asked in a professional manner.

 

“Tiffany of TALK4.” Jieun answered.

 

The person scoffed. “Yeah right. What business would someone like you have with the famous Tiffany?”

 

“I’m her assistant.” Sadly, Jieun added. If she had her way, she wouldn’t want to even know Tiffany, much less be related to her. Even if it was only by law.

 

The lady narrowed her eyes. “Sure, I’ll believe you for now. But if I get a call saying that the dress was never delivered to her, who would I blame?”

 

“Me. My name is Lee Jieun, and trust me, it’ll get delivered.” She nodded and handed over the dress. “Kamsahmnida.” Jieun dashed out the door and down the stairs. Reaching the sidewalk, she intensly waved her one free arm. A taxi came after 3 minutes and she got in.

 

“Where to?” The driver asked.

 

“JRT Entertainment.” 

 

He laughed, “Okay. Gonna try your luck there, huh?”

 

“Oh. Um, no. I think you have it wrong, I-” Jieun got cut off.

 

“Nah, no worries. I won’t judge, but don’t you think it’s better to try your luck during the Annual Party? I heard that this year they’re gonna let the auditions on stage during the morning gathering.”

 

Jieun had already heard of this. She was there when the announcement was made final, but she had to do something during the car ride and decided to ask some more questions.

 

“And the evening party?”

 

“Only the V.I.Ps, not as in the Big Bang fans.” Jieun laughed, though she did like Taeyang. Maybe Big Bang would be there this year. She had to ask Suzy to get her an autograph if so.

 

The driver continued talking. “The evening party is always the best, or so I’ve heard. The most popular groups are usually there and perform with duet stages as well. Apparently, they might also broadcast the Annual Party this year.” Jieun turned her head.

 

“I didn’t hear about tha-” 

 

“We’re here.” The driver announced. “Good luck with your audition.” Then he drove off. Jieun sighed. If only she was a normal person.

 

Entering the building, she saw a sign announcing that the auditions were closed for the whole week. I guess they’re gonna prepare for the Annual Party. Jieun walked past the front desk and entered the elevator. On most days, Jieun wouldn’t even think twice about taking the stairs, but she swore that the dress she was holding must’ve weighed a hundred pounds. Jieun exited the elevator as she heard it ding. She walked towards the closet where anything and everything TALK4 costume related would be. Of course, Jieun didn’t think that Suzy would be there. 

 

Covering Jieun’s eyes from behind, Suzy said in a high pitched voice, “Guess who?”

 

Jieun smirked at Suzy’s childish antics and removed her hands. “I can tell it’s you Suzy.” She said while turning to face the said person. “I’ve been with you for at least 10 years now. Do you doubt my skills?”

 

Suzy pouted. “No. Though I especially hate the skill where you ruin all the fun.”

 

Jieun sighed. She was a person who felt guilty pretty fast and didn’t want her best friend to be sad.

 

“So, does that mean you don’t want to come to the recording studio with me to mess around? After all, I do ruin all the fun.” Suzy’s eyes widened at the aspect.

 

“You said you wouldn’t do that anymore after Tiffany caught us and told Umma.” 

 

“Oh, so you don’t want to go?” Jieun turned around and got ready to exit the room. “I guess I’ll have fun by myself.”

 

“WAIT.” Suzy shouted and ran up to Jieun, linking their arms. “Are you stupid now? Of course I’m coming with you. Your voice is nice to listen to.”

 

Jieun rolled her eyes. “Sure it is.

 


 

“Sehun! Did you hear?” Sehun looked up at Kai holding an envelope. 

 

“What do you want now? I was reading a book.” Sehun motioned the book in front of him.

 

“You know that popular entertainment? The one with who hosts an annual party every year?” Kai asked.

 

Sehun thought for a minute. “The one with TALK4?”

 

Kai nodded. “Guess what?”

 

Sehun didn’t even try to answer as Kai explained anyways.

 

“We, as in EXO as a whole, are invited to be judges during the morning gathering. As well as performers and attenders of the V.I.P party during the evening.” Sehun’s left eyebrow raised. He didn’t expect that one.

 

“Have you told the other members yet?” 

 

“Nope,” Kai shook his head, “but I’m going to. I can just imagine how Chanyeol’s going to freak out since Suzy’s going to be there.” 

 

“You should. Suho would probably want to hear that being leader and all.” With that he skipped off. Sehun laughed while shaking his head. That kid should be my age. Taking out his phone, he called someone in who should be in China.

 

“Hello?” The voice came through.

 

“Hey Tao.” Sehun said.

 

“Who is it?” A voice from the background said.

 

“It’s Sehun.” Tao replied. 

 

“But him on speaker,” the mysterious person said.

 

“Hello?” Sehun questioned unsurely.

 

“It’s Kris.” The unknown figure revealed itself.

 

“Oh, it’s just you hyung.”

 

“So what did you call me for?” Tao asked.

 

“Will you be coming to Korea anytime soon?” There was a silence as Tao and Kris conversed.

 

“Yeah, within the next two days. Why?” Kris confirmed.

 

“Ever heard of TALK4?” 

 

“Aren’t they the super popular girl group right now?” Tao thought aloud.

 

“Yup, their company hosts a party every year and this time, both EXO-K and EXO-M are invited.” 

 

“Eh?! Really?” Tao exclaimed. Kris didn’t make a sound as he replied.

 

“I’ll tell this to the rest of the members. Thanks for informing us.” The phone call ended as Sehun sighed. How will this turn out?

 


 

“Thank you for all your encouragement! Please continue supporting BTS!” Rap Monster yelled to the screaming fans as the members got off the stage sweating.

 

“It’s safe to say that we just had one of our biggest concerts.” Suga said as Jimin nodded. All the boys took a towel and wiped the sweat from their faces. Jungkook took a water bottle from the fridge and began chugging it down.

 

Jin’s phone rang indicating a new message. He got up out of his chair and read it to himself, eyebrows raising in the process. 

 

“Guys come here, it’s from the CEO.” They all gathered around Jin as he summarized the text. “We’re to attend both the morning gathering and evening party of JRT Entertainment’s Annual Party.”

 

Choruses of “no ways” and “amazing” were said.

 

“Do you think we’ll be able to see TALK4?” J-Hope asked.

 

“There’s a high chance we will. After all, it is their label.” Suga replied. Looking at V, he questioned, “Aren’t you happy? TALK4 is going to be there.”

 

“And I care why?” V replied trying to look cool.

 

“I don’t know.” Suga shrugged bringing out his phone. “Maybe it’s because I have a recording of you dancing to TALK4’s latest song.” Showing the video to the rest of the members, they all snickered.

 

“Yah! Stop it!” V blushed, embarassed that his secret obsession had come out.

 


 

“That sounds good. We’ll continue tomorrow.” 

 

“Okay. Thank you.” All members of SHINee bowed and exited the recording studio. Taemin stretched while yawning. 

 

“That was the hardest they’ve worked us in a week. And it’s also a new song. Why?” He whined as he leaned unto Jonghyun. Minho laughed at Taemin.

 

“This is SM Entertainment. They hold some of the most popular groups in K-Pop history.”

 

“Not to mention, the CEO is unbelieveably prideful.” Key added.

 

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever.” Taemin brushed it off.

 

Onew, who had walked faster than them, turned around and motioned for them to come.

 

“What is it?” Taemin whined even more. Onew pointed at the page taped on the door.

 

“It says that we’re to attend both the morning and evening events of JRT Entertainment.” Minho said reading the paper.

 

“Jinjja?!” The four members shouted.

 

“Yup. And apparently, it’s next week.” Minho kept his eyes on the paper while announcing everything.

 

“What are we waiting for? An invitation?” Taemin said.

 

“I’m pretty sure the CEO already got one for us.” Jonghyun laughed.

 

“Who else is performing?” Key asked.

 

Onew responded this time. “Besides us, there is TALK4, EXO, BTS, and a few random people that apparently they’ll choose from the crowd to sing solo or duet.”

 

“I’ve heard of BTS before.” Minho commented. “Aren’t they the rookies who got popular within the past months?”

 

“Yup, that’s them.” Onew said.

 

“But I wonder,” Jonghyun asked, “who will those soloists be?”


Hey there~! I'll update within the next 4-5 days, but I might update earlier if I'm free.

Thank you for the support you have given this not even 5 chapter story. ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU!