Airport Coffee

Not Your Typical Cinderella

Chapter 4: Airport Coffee

 

“Yes, we’ll be there soon Suho.” Kris answered the question given by the other leader. “We just got off the plane.”

 

True to his word, EXO-K’s other half, EXO-M, had just arrived in Korea moments ago. Travel time was short since there wasn’t much of a big distance between South Korea and China. 

 

“Okay, come soon. SM wants us to practice for the Annual Party to make sure that no one messes up.” Suho said.

 

“As usual.” Kris rolled his eyes from underneath his glasses. They were so darkly tinted, that he could hardly see from under them. However, it was better than dying his hair a darker color since Kris’ light hair was what many people loved him for. So instead, SM aimed to make him look like a foreigner as his disguise. 

 

“I’ll see you soon then. Bye.” Suho hung up.

 

Shoving the phone into his pocket, Kris looked around to see what he could do. The other members had all scattered around in hopes that fans wouldn’t catch them. After all, six guys together would be a big giveaway for any group. His hands were free since the staff of SM would usually get their stuff from the pick-up. Walking around, Kris remembered one of his label-mates saying that the airport had a cafe and served great coffee.

 

Why not? He thought walking towards the many shops. Signs were bright and there were many types of things to buy, though, Kris didn’t need much. He was free for the hour and really just wanted a cup of coffee. However weird the coffee might taste was none of his problem.

 

Kris saw the cafe. It wasn’t that big, and could be considered small. There weren’t even much people inside. He shrugged and entered anyways. Once inside, Kris looked up at the types of coffees available. There were the most outrageous flavors that somehow sounded nice. Lemon-Jasmine, Apple-Chrysanthemum , Orange-Lotus, so forth, and so on. 

 

He pondered over which flavor to pick and decided upon Apple-Chrysanthemum. After all, it was one of the popular flavors. Surely it couldn’t be that bad.

 

Right?

 

Kris questioned his decision when he accepted the warm coffee from the male worker. He took the cap off and saw the steam come out. Putting it back on, Kris let it sit for a while before taking a cautious sip from the cup. 

 

Hm, he thought unexpectedly, this is actually pretty good. Drinking the coffee, Kris finished it by the time he got outside of the airport. He looked disappointed when he realized that he had drunk all of it and went to throw it in a nearby trash can. Kris turned around when he felt a person bump into him. Suddenly a cold feeling came crashing down on his chest.

 

And somehow, his white shirt became pink.

 


 

Jieun entered the airport while looking around for the food court. She sighed in annoyance as she realized that a flight ticket was required to enter that section. Maybe they won’t know... Jieun quietly snuck past the guards who didn’t seem as bulky as they were shown to be on T.V. 

 

Eyes open, Jieun smiled in glee when her eyes landed on a specific shop. Skipping inside she glanced quickly at the board and when she saw her favorite fruit, Jieun automatically said the name.

 

“Ice Strawberry.”

 

The worker looked at the register and asked, “Do you mean you want an Iced Strawberry and Cream Latte?”

 

Jieun nodded. “Yeah.”

 

“Okay.” 

 

Jieun tapped on the counter as she waited three minutes for the coffee to be made. 

 

“Here you go.” She quickly took the coffee and paid. Leaving, Jieun went outside since that specific airport never had the best celluar connection inside. She took a sip of the oddly tasteful drink and walked over to the bench next to the vending machine with her head down, looking at her phone.

 

Out of nowhere, a guy appeared and Jieun accidentally walked straight into him, knocking the cup full of ice and coffee right onto his shirt. It startle him so much, that the man jumped a bit.

 

“Ah! I’m sorry. I’ll clean this up.” Jieun said not looking into the man’s face and trying to clean the liquid off of the guy’s shirt. He held her hands as she became paralyzed.

 

“Don’t. It’s fine.” The guy checked his surrounding before bringing Jieun to a corner. She heard some type of flash then finally looked up.

 

“Why ar-” 

 

“Don’t speak.” The guy forced. “I won’t do anything to you, but can I borrow that?” He pointed towards the oversized hoodie Jieun was wearing. She hesitated before taking it off. 

 

“Yes. This is my apology for spilling coffee on you.” 

 

“Pink coffee exists now? Ha.” He gave an empty laugh. “Stop lying.”

 

The guy put it on and thanked her before running off.

 

“Aish.” Jieun sighed. “Seriously, people these days. I should just be thankful that I wore a sweater underneath.”

 


 

“How did your trip in the airport go?” Luhan asked Kris who had finally got into the van. The other members had yet to arrive.

 

“Nothing special.” Kris replied. “I just got some coffee.”

 

Luhan examined Kris’ outfit. He swore that Kris had on a grey stripped sweater with a white t-shirt when they exited the plane; so why was the person in front of him wearing a brown hoodie with a picture of a bear?

 


 

Jonghyun fell onto his bed and checked his phone again. It wasn’t like he was expecting Jieun’s message, though he also didn’t have the right to say that he wasn’t waiting for her text.

 

“What are you doing Jonghyun? Getting caught up with a girl.” He whispered to himself.

 

A knock came from the door. “Hey, are you okay there?” Key asked.

 

“Yeah, just peachy.” Jonghyun yelled.

 

Silence set over the room once again until the sound of birds tweeting was heard. He immediately sat up and checked his phone. 

 

Strawberry and Cream is the best, pabo.

 

Jonghyun grinned as he read the note. He typed back a reply.

 

You’re such an average girl, Jieun.

 

Though at this point, if Jonghyun fell in love with Jieun, she might as well be Cinderella.

 

 


Don't try to be prince charming just yet Jonghyun! There are four other people competing for Jieun~

Kris finally makes an appearance! I found it ironic how you KrisU fans brought it up right before I posted this chapter. ARE YOU GUYS PSYCHICS?

Thank you for the subs and for reading this story. YOU CAN SUPPORT ME BY SAYING HI IN MY BRAIN (since you are psychic and all).