Evening Sky

Colors That Don't Exist

"You know, I have a habit of giving only half of my heart to the one I love..." Kyungsoo said while clinging to his boyfriend's arm sitting beside him.

Jongin averted his gaze from the starry sky above them to the angel beside him instead. They were in the middle of a grassy field and a bonfire burns brightly in front of them, keeping them a little warm despite the coldness of the night.

Jongin caressed the shorter boy's hair in a gentle manner before replying sweetly to him. "Is that so, baby?"

Kyungsoo hummed in agreement. "Yes, coz I'm afraid that if I give the whole of it and never leave anything for myself I'm gonna break so much when I get left behind," the shorter boy said.

Jongin then wrapped his arm around his boyfriend in a sideway manner, caressed his lover's arm who's freezing a little despite the campfire in front of them, and slowly pecked a gentle kiss on Kyungsoo's forehead. "But I'll never leave you, baby..."

"I know," Kyungsoo replied almost instantly. He chuckled a little before facing his boyfriend and staring at his eyes deeply. "You know that all of my past relationships ended badly, right? But with you, Jongin, I feel differently..."

"What do you mean?" Jongin asked while slightly raising an eyebrow.

Kyungsoo flashed him his adorable heart shaped smile before answering. "I think I can give whole of my heart if it's you, Jongin..."

The tanned boy smiled charmingly with that, then cupped his boyfriend's face between his hands before slowly leaning closer to plant a sweet kiss on his lips. "But I can't accept it, baby..."

"W-Why not?" Kyungsoo replied with a little sob, seemingly sad at the sudden answer he got from his lover.

Jongin chuckled a little, enveloped his boyfriend in a tight and warm hug, and settled his head near his neck before saying, "Coz I'm giving half of mine to you, anyway. Half of my heart belongs to you while you keep the half of yours to yourself. That way, your heart will be 50% mine and 50% yours, and vice versa. Wouldn't that be nicer than giving away full of it?"

Kyungsoo smiled adorably before reciprocating the hug. He buried his face on the crook between Jongin's neck and shoulders before answering his lover's question. "...Yeah, that sounds a lot nicer. We complete each other, baby..."

"Yeah, we do..." Jongin chuckled a little, feeling glad at the blissful feeling of being warmed by his own boyfriend.

Because falling in love isn't about giving everything you have; it's about giving half of it and letting the one you love give you the half of theirs.

We fit.