To The Stars

Colors That Don't Exist

 

Jongin brings down his car window as he continuously steers and maneuvers his slightly tattered and old car. He kicked on the acceleration more to gain speed, letting the hot and humid breeze infiltrate the car through his window.

His lover, sitting on his side on the passenger seat, did the same after flicking his sunglasses up to reveal a shining pair of doe eyes. His lover then peeked his face a little outside of the window, feeling the dry yet not so unpleasant heat brush against his cheeks and hair.

The road is dusty and dry, the trees on the vast, empty space over the sides of the roads withering and almost running out. The scorching sun beams its light far across their eyes can ever see, but the two boys paid it no attention as they drive and laugh and listen to lazy songs and eat cheap hotdog sandwiches and drink lame drinks and steal quick kisses on the lips.

Because this moment, this road, it’s all theirs.

"So where do we go now, Kyungsoo?" Jongin asked with a giddy smile, facing his boyfriend with a twinkle in his eyes.

"I don’t know…" his lover replied, returning to his seat and facing his boyfriend with equal excitement beaming from his eyes. "Wherever this road leads us, probably."

"What if it leads us to the stars?" he asked, bronze skin almost shining under the rays of heated sunlight.

Kyungsoo laughed, suddenly pecked a quick kiss on his boyfriend’s lips, and said, “Then off the stars we go.”

"Okay, baby." Jongin said with a little chuckle of his own, brushing off all concerns about venturing into the unknown.

Because it’s always through straying that they find their path.

To the stars.