Gloomy Clock

Colors That Don't Exist

 

Tick.

Kyungsoo stares at the wall clock hanging suspended in front of him with blank eyes.

Tick.

Kyungsoo blinked his eyes and tried to collect his scattered thoughts. His mind is a big mess.

Tick.

The dead silence of the night bothers Kyungsoo, but the loud ticking of the clock keeps him accompanied and wide awake.

Tick.

Kyungsoo waits for someone; so patiently that he stays still in one place without moving or doing anything at all.

Tick.

Kyungsoo is expecting someone.

Tick.

Kyungsoo is waiting for someone.

Tick.

Waiting for someone he knows will never come back.

Tick.

Someone he knows will never be with him again.

Tick.

Because life is a big joke for him and he’s the one left here with pain.

Tick.

Pain that only deepens with each second that pass.

Tick.

Pain that made him shed uncontrollable tears so much he has nothing left to shed anymore.

Tick.

Pain that strengthens with each tick of the clock.

Tick.

The clock that continuously reminds him how stuck he is when the world is going on and leaving him behind.

Tick.

The clock that he so bitterly wishes would stop letting time pass and freeze everything together with him.

Tick.

But the hands of the clock never stopped moving.

Tick.

It never stopped him from realizing the cruel reality.

Tick.

It never stopped to show him how time can never be halted.

Tick.

It never made things clearer.

Tick.

It never made him stop loving.

Tick.

It never stopped him from remembering.

Tick.

His eyes are tearing again.

Tick.

He is mortified.

Tick.

He is bleeding.

Tick.