The ride back home

Off To Grandmother's House We Go

The time with Grandma went by quickly and soon it was one in the afternoon and they needed to head back to Seoul and go about their lives as idols and not a family. Baekhyun pulled his Grandma into a hug. “Goodbye Grandma, I'll try to visit you more. Make sure to take good care of your health and eat well.”

 

Grandma patted Baekhyun on the back. “I'll be fine. I want you to take care of yourself. Don't work too hard and end up getting sick. You were in Exo's equivalent of the army.”


Baekhyun sighed. Daehyun and Taehyung snickered in the back. They knew what was coming. “Grandma, I told you before. I was a guardian of Exo. It wasn't the same thing as being in the army like Daehyun was. I took care of tree and didn't have to pay taxes.” Baekhyun pulled away from his Grandma's hug.

 

Daehyun hugged her now. “It's OK Grandma-in-law not everyone can actually be part of an army and do whatever their planet needs like I did.”

 

Baekhyun let his jaw drop in shock. “Like you did any fighting! Your role in the army was to collect information. Just collect it! You didn't even need to analyze it or anything because Youngjae did that! The only person I ever saw doing any type of actual fighting was Jongup!”

 

Daehyun pulled away from the hug and allowed Taehyung to his great-grandma. “Bye Great-grandma! I'll miss you.”

 

“I'll miss you too Taehyungie! Work hard and I win even more awards.”

 

They went back to the car and started their drive back to Seoul. Baekhyun reached into the plastic bag he had brought and pulled Bangtan's newest CD. “Why don't we listen to this? I haven't heard the skit yet.”

 

Taehyung's eyes went wide. “Oh no Mom, you don't have to listen to the skit. We were super un-prepared for it and we had to improvise it and it just isn't funny.”

 

“Don't say things like that. You're my son. Everything I do is flawless.” Baekhyun said putting the CD in. Baekhyun turned his head and looked at Taehyung. “Especially you.”

 

Taehyung had to nod his head in agreement. His mother did have a point. Taehyung was an incredibly attractive and flawless person.

 

Daehyun let out a low chuckle. “Sometimes I wonder what I'm even doing in this family.”

 

Baekhyun skipped over to the skit and settled in comfortably for the drive and the skit. “Ah, is this about ideal types. That could be a fun skit to do.” His expression soon changed. “What the hell is this Taehyung!”

 

Daehyun began to speak in the Mato language to his son. “I swear Taehyungie, this is how you are going to kill your mother. But keep up the good work, this is gold.”

 

“Don't speak to him in Mato!” Baekhyun scolded. “I want to be able to understand what's going on. Except that in this moment I wish I didn't know Korean. How can you let something like this happen Taehyungie? Look at how jealous Suga is threatening to make it a five member group. Why do you do things like this Taehyungie?”

“Hyung, it was a skit, a joke. Just be thankful I didn't show you J-Hope's birthday event.” Daehyun said making a left turn.

 

“What? Yah! Jung Daehyun! Are you telling me that something happened? Why are you like this.” Baekhyun scolded again.

 

Taehyung let out a smile. He knew that this topic could get him into serious hot water but he loved seeing his mom scold his dad. It made him excited for the day when he got married and he hoped his married life was half as exciting as his mother and father.

 

Daehyun sensing trouble quickly changed the subject. “Did you watch me on Weekly Idol? You know that I don't like holding the member's hands.”

 

“I think it's funny that you've been in an idol group with Yongguk-hyung for what three years? And served with him in the army for who knows how long and you're still so awkward with him. But I do enjoy the fact that you're hesitant to hold their hands.”

 

Daehyun smiled and reached and held Baekhyun's hand. “Why would I want to hold their hands when I could hold yours? You have the prettiest hands that I've ever seen.”

 

Bakhyun smiled at him lovingly. “Thank you. Your hands are pretty nice too.” His tone changed however. “Why do you always talk about kids? More importantly why did you say you wanted to have five kids?” Baekhyun, still holding Daehyun's hand, addressed Taehyung. “And why did you say you had a younger brother and a younger sister? Unless your father has kids with someone else, you're an only child.”

 

“I always told you that I wanted five kids. We only need four more until we reach that goal.” Daehyun said.

 

Baekhyun crossed his arm and stared at Daehyun. “Kkaebsong. Where are we going to find the time to raise four children? Don't you think the fans would notice if we started posting selcas with children?”

 

“If we adopt three year olds we can say it's for Hello Baby.” Daehyun said completely serious.


“I also really want younger siblings.” Taehyung piped up from the back.

 

“And what's your reasoning for saying you had a younger brother and a younger sister? Was there something wrong about being an only child?” Baekhyun asked Taehyung.

 

“Not really but I've always wanted siblings. The human we're going to have is going to be really big. It's only going to get bigger if you wait any longer.”

 

“Thank you Taehyungie.” Daehyun said.

 

Baekhyun sighed. “I swear, I don't know what I did to deserve this.”

 

“Seduced poor me into your trap by shaking your hips.” Daehyun said with a sigh.

 

Taehyung closed his eyes and wished for this moment to pass. Great-grandma did have a point. As awkward as this was, it was a lot better than having to find out even later.

 

“You were the one that asked if I preferred my place or your hotel room.” Baekhyun answered back with his usual sass.

 

And his mother had the nerve to complain about him and J-Hope. Honestly, if anything he did, Taehyung knew where he got it from.

 

They arrived at Bangtan's dorm first. The aura of the car became heavy and silent. When Taehyung stepped out of the car, they were going to go back to being idols that had no connection with one another.

 

Taehyung opened the door of the car and his parents followed suit. Daehyun was the first one to hug him. Taehyung fell into his father's embrace. Daehyun spoke in the mixture of the Mato language that he had learned a long time ago to mix in with Busan's satoori. “Be good my son. I don't want to hear you causing any more trouble. Make sure you work hard but not too hard. I don't want to have come back to the dorm again because you caught a stomach bug. And about the interview, I really am sorry. I panicked. You know that I would never turn away from you.”


Taehyung nodded as visions of all the time when he participated in school events, his father was seated in the front row, cheering and yelling out that, that was his son up there. If Taehyung hadn't been Taehyung, his father would have been the most embarrassing.

 

His mother was soon afterward to hug him. “You know that I like to complain about J-Hope but I really do want you to be happy with whoever you choose. I want you to find someone that makes you look at them the same way I still look at your father. Looking at them like you can't imagine that the greatest person in the galaxy really wants to be with you out of all the people in the galaxy.”

 

“Thank you.” Taehyung said hugging his mom back.

 

“But if you marry Suga me and your Great-grandma will pay for all of the wedding. And the honeymoon. And the expenses of your first year of marriage together.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and that concludes the end of Off to Grandmother's House We Go! I want to say a big thank you to all the subscribers, upvoters and commentors. I didn't think that this story would get the love that it did. I'm so thankful to all of you.

And if any of you guys also read my other fanfics, We Got Married: Gay Marriage and Work. Study. Shop. Stalk. Repeat I'm really sorry about the updating. I'm almost done with the next chapter of WGM:GM as it does takes a long time to write and I always end up re-watching the actual WGM to get inspiration and then I get distracted. WSSSR doesn't have a set plot-line and so I just update it whenever I get an idea for it but I will try to update it more frequently. (and I'm sorry if this doesn't apply to you although between you and me I suggest checking them out the good stuff is below this)

THERE WILL BE ANOTHER SEQUEL OR ACTUALLY A PREQUEL TO ALL THIS. The complete story of how Baekhyun and Daehyun met at that nightclub will be told. What you got here and Home is where the heart is was just a taste of the story.

AND HAVE I MENTIONED I LOVE YOU GUYS? I DIDN'T THINK THERE WAS THAT MANY DAEBAEK/HYUN FAMILY LOVERS OUT THERE YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST